• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: March 2023 - Red Sea Release
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2023, 07:39:04 AM »
I called & talked for 2-3 minutes but I charged me more then 2cent per minutes
Yeah, I got a couple suggestions to expose "Duration" on the charges page, and also a suggestion to make it bill faster (not be so delayed).
So I will take a look at this today and once that duration is available we will easily be able to see if you actually got overcharged, or what the real problem is.

Checking...

The good news is there are only a couple test cases left to pass, so it looks like we are ready to start preparing a release this weekend (as we need to give about a 20 day notice to everyone).

The phone actually works in Linux, so that makes me very happy.  It theoretically also works in MACOSX, as it compiles, but I havent actually made a call in mac yet.

• MR.A
  • Developer

• April 13, 2022, 01:24:27 PM
    more
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2023, 09:18:35 AM »
I can also test the mac ....
+ as I've calculated it should charge me 390+ bbp per minute but it charged way more...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2023, 08:50:58 PM »

I sent 150K to your BBP phone address for extra testing funds.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2023, 08:59:14 PM »
Ok, so bad news and good news.
The bad news is our rates arent cheap in every country, there are surcharges across some borders due to agreements between different phone companies (IE minimum surcharges per minute).
The good news is our rates are still cheap in 50 countries.
So lots of changes need to be made to still create a Phone company for BBP without too much red tape.

First change is I published a rate sheet (once you all upgrade your unchained node again, click Unchained), see the "Phone" | Rates menu.  This breaks down our charge per minute per country.  To understand this, if the phone country code + prefix you are dialing matches exactly, its that rate, but if not, there will be an entry for the Country code and its that instead (IE it falls back).  So take the US for example, there are only 3 possibilities:  If you dial 1-888 (see the 1888 prefix?), its the .032 per min rate, but otoh, if you dial 1-972-123-4567, it will be the .017 rate.  So we have  very good rate across the whole US.  (And a pretty good rate in many other countries also).  China is not on the list because they are .07 cent per minute, but we have a way for users to go around that problem below.

Another change I made is if you attempt to call a country that is > .05 cent per minute, our robotic voice will jump on the line and tell you how much it costs and not allow the call to go through unless you put in a BBP exception (we will have an override page soon).

So now its a lot safer to use as all of our rates are below .05 cent per minute. 

Moving on to the Charges page, I made it perform billing once every 12 minutes, and it now shows you the duration of each call.  The charges should now be accurate (according to our price list) going forward; just ignore the ones we did the other day as they had a slight network inaccuracy in them (fixed).

One more change that I made is the BBP network now keeps track of what the user owes outstanding and if a person runs up a bill causing them to go negative, the robotic voice will jump on and tell them to top up their balance and prevent them from making more calls.
You will also see an error message on the screen.

This is really cool for our hardware phone (as I use one now from BBP) and this way you dont need to be on the BBP wallet to hear that your balance is zero, it also works on the hardware to hardware phone.

My goal is to stop adding features and release this in the next couple days so we can have v1.0 out there as we need to get the sancs upgraded and the exchanges so they can start Sanc mining and work out the "investor sancs" that will replace Portfolio Builder.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 09:03:43 PM by Rob Andrews »

• MR.A
  • Developer

• April 13, 2022, 01:24:27 PM
    more
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2023, 09:17:25 PM »
I need to delete my previous nft in the unchained with meta mask , so how can I do that?

• akkin4

• April 25, 2018, 04:13:45 PM
    more
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2023, 01:43:14 AM »
May we get a small porson fore solo mining to?Not evryone have 4500001 BBP,and like me i need a video to set up sanc,because i never learn computing,so im limit to understand it.Thanks.

• akkin4

more
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2023, 03:40:28 AM »
If i copy the unchained conf from test wallet to my mainwallet will the system accurs with that number? Cause i dont get a new number when i load down the new release wallet.

Mvh. akkin4

• akkin4

more
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2023, 04:11:20 AM »
I funded my unchained address also,see attachment

• akkin4

more
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2023, 05:26:23 AM »
The attacment abow just stay in 1 sec so i toke screenshot to show,but no Phonenumber accurs.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2023, 05:45:39 AM »
I funded my unchained address also,see attachment

Hi Akkin,

It looks like somehow you made the wallet give you a new key but you already had a key in the unchained.conf for a phone.
You can do one of two things:

Either :
A) Copy your old unchained.conf (which had a phone number attached) copy that back to %appdata%\biblepay and then kill "BiblePay.BMS.EXE" from task manager and restart Unchained by pushing the unchained button, and you should then have your old phone number back.

or

B) If you want to keep the one with 9999 BBP, click Provision and pick a brand new phone number.

Either way your BBP itself will still be in your wallet as your wallet.dat should have both keys.

In the future I plan on making a GUI for phone numbers associated with wallets so then we can manage multiple phone accts per user. (Good for businesses).  But first we need to grow this baby bigger to warrant all that.

Id like to see 100 BBP phone users first.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2023, 05:47:58 AM »
I need to delete my previous nft in the unchained with meta mask , so how can I do that?

Good point; right now no way to do it.

Ill try to think of a solution.  The bigger problem is we need a way to associate old NFTs with the home wallet (IE transfer them somehow).

Then they can edit them or delete them.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2023, 05:48:48 AM »
May we get a small porson fore solo mining to?Not evryone have 4500001 BBP,and like me i need a video to set up sanc,because i never learn computing,so im limit to understand it.Thanks.

Right now there is no way to invest less than 4.5MM and mine.  We would need some feature like Fractional Sancs again, but being decentralized there is no easy way to do that.

Maybe someone can volunteer to host a fractional sanc solution and write one.

• akkin4

more
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2023, 08:13:16 AM »
Hi Akkin,

It looks like somehow you made the wallet give you a new key but you already had a key in the unchained.conf for a phone.
You can do one of two things:

Either :
A) Copy your old unchained.conf (which had a phone number attached) copy that back to %appdata%\biblepay and then kill "BiblePay.BMS.EXE" from task manager and restart Unchained by pushing the unchained button, and you should then have your old phone number back.

or

B) If you want to keep the one with 9999 BBP, click Provision and pick a brand new phone number.

Either way your BBP itself will still be in your wallet as your wallet.dat should have both keys.

In the future I plan on making a GUI for phone numbers associated with wallets so then we can manage multiple phone accts per user. (Good for businesses).  But first we need to grow this baby bigger to warrant all that.

Id like to see 100 BBP phone users first.

"A) Copy your old unchained.conf (which had a phone number attached) copy that back to %appdata%\biblepay and then kill "BiblePay.BMS.EXE" from task manager and restart Unchained by pushing the unchained button, and you should then have your old phone number back."

That doesent work my unchained address did not change,and the "provision are blank" I also tray to send back the coins there but it say,s "no UTOX was found"
Guess i have to live with that until there is a way around.    By the way i still have my old stuff in my conf,with CPK and privat key.

• akkin4

more
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2023, 08:35:01 AM »
Forget the last post.The wallet says no access to unchained because the privatkey was unknown,but i try with the first setting to click on "Provision",nothing ,A blank site.

• akkin4

more
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2023, 09:26:37 AM »
The money i sent from unchained came true.