Bible Pay

Read 298391 times

• sntjo2847

• May 21, 2021, 02:55:13 PM
    more
Is there a new pool? I noticed an address get a lot of blocks in the last couple days (~20%) and they are not the 30 min timeout.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Is there a new pool? I noticed an address get a lot of blocks in the last couple days (~20%) and they are not the 30 min timeout.

Your right, I didn't see that... If you look at Pool About page on each of our two pools you see that we solved 83+61 (only 144 blocks out of 205 daily blocks)... Some other pool, or possibly a randomX power user is solving the other 50 blocks.  (We've been in this situation many times with POBH, except the difference is I'm sure the RX activity is completely power-equalivalent to our pools in this case, but its still sort of 'bot activity' unless we find out who the pool is). 

I don't know who this pool or person is... Did anyone start another BiblePay pool guys??

Btw, I am considering adding a constraint in our Christmas release to require RandomX miners to have Social Media activity on Unchained.  What this means is, they would need to upvote/downvote things or post things over there, otherwise the block solutions would fail.  I think it might be good for our community (not only for the intrinstic activity in social media) but more for the miners ROI also.  It would keep the big Chinese industrial miners out (unless they decide to utilize unchained of course)...

• sntjo2847

more
Your right, I didn't see that... If you look at Pool About page on each of our two pools you see that we solved 83+61 (only 144 blocks out of 205 daily blocks)... Some other pool, or possibly a randomX power user is solving the other 50 blocks.  (We've been in this situation many times with POBH, except the difference is I'm sure the RX activity is completely power-equalivalent to our pools in this case, but its still sort of 'bot activity' unless we find out who the pool is). 

I don't know who this pool or person is... Did anyone start another BiblePay pool guys??

Btw, I am considering adding a constraint in our Christmas release to require RandomX miners to have Social Media activity on Unchained.  What this means is, they would need to upvote/downvote things or post things over there, otherwise the block solutions would fail.  I think it might be good for our community (not only for the intrinstic activity in social media) but more for the miners ROI also.  It would keep the big Chinese industrial miners out (unless they decide to utilize unchained of course)...

While I agree in principle with foiling bot nets, I would strongly disagree with introducing a non blockchain dependency on block generation. It is also contradicts decentralization.

• sntjo2847

more
I think this is actually miningpool.fun since on block 287327 it sent biblepay to many addresses. The highest payout addresses had more shares on miningpool.fun's leaderboard than on the foundation's. The blocks solved by the new address do not show up on their block history though.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
While I agree in principle with foiling bot nets, I would strongly disagree with introducing a non blockchain dependency on block generation. It is also contradicts decentralization.
Lets start discussing this just a little bit; and lets keep an open mind, and think through all this over the next 90 days and see if we can come to a general consensus or not.

First of all, when you said that we would be contradicting decentralization, let me clarify the idea first of all:  Unchained.biblepay runs on a sidechain.  So theoretically it is decentralized, because more than one user can run an unchained instance.  Also every comment, every video, and upvote is all on the sidechain in blocks.  So Im really not asking an RX miner to forgo decentralization, Im asking them to hold an account on unchained, another words, simply a NickName, with more than one VOTE count per month.  (No phone number, no email, nothing else).  But otoh, I understand your statement in this capacity:  You are removing the ability for any random pool in the world to pull in N amount of hashpower and simply mine BBP.  So yes you are correct on that side, that we would be very controversial; in that normal pools would not work for us anymore!  Thats sort of what I understand as anti-decentralization - yes, correct.

Now lets look at the big elephant in the room (from my perspective).  When we started biblepay, my original goal was to allow commodity PCs to mine this coin, and make a reward from bible-hashing (POBH), and eliminate mining monopolies (like with bitcoin, I think 66% of the activity is generated by asics, which are bought by Chinese pools).  Meaning that 99% of us small guys cant really make a profit by mining, we are subject to the monopoly.  I would say this anti-monopoly stance is just as important as decentralization.  If not more.  Look what big-tech and big-media is doing to destroy our country right now (through similar monopolies).  This is precisely where my fight is.

If we did this, our small miner would make $30-$50 a month mining, in contrast to if we let the bots and monpolies take over, their income drops to $-1 a month (IE at the energy arb level).

Now, you might argue something very practical to me, like Rob if you let this go entirely free, the way it is now, we might pick up industrial activity and GROW.
What is the evidence of that happening?

So feel free to elaborate on the parts that I might be missing from my end, etc.  Thanks for your input also!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
*** Barley Testers needed for next biblepaycore wallet version ****

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=788.msg11372#msg11372

NOTE: We are paying $30 an hour for the FIRST 10 TESTERS.  Please visit the thread and sign up as a core wallet tester.

*** We are looking for an additional part time BiblePay BlockChain developer, C# ***

We are looking for a part time dev that knows c# that is interested in writing new gospel features for https://unchained.biblepay.org
The dev needs the equivalent of MCSD, MCDBA.  And preferably needs to understand a little bit about blockchains as well.
Any applicable candidates please inquire by emailing [email protected].

• talisman

• March 26, 2018, 07:42:24 AM
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #1281 on: September 01, 2021, 07:47:19 AM »
Hi Rob,

Could you please have a look at the foundation pool? Not a single block in the last 16 hours, a bit odd even with the low hashrate...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #1282 on: September 01, 2021, 11:41:22 AM »
Hi Rob,

Could you please have a look at the foundation pool? Not a single block in the last 16 hours, a bit odd even with the low hashrate...
Yeah, very strange - the resolution on the screen changed to smaller than normal and it ran out of ram, strange.  I rebooted it, lets watch it now...

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #1283 on: September 08, 2021, 12:09:37 AM »
Hi, MIP paid for 6 months of the cryptoid BBP explorer. I just paid for 2 years (and hopefully 90 day bonus).

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/#!crypto

Look under hosting and you'll see the two latest transactions.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• HazeBBP

• September 07, 2021, 05:11:06 AM
    more
« Reply #1284 on: September 08, 2021, 03:11:13 PM »
B9GYP6As6q1oKBBheaM18eHVyzXPjTTGVW-0-75-159-128-214

" RandomX Giveaway for New RandomX Miners "

Directed here from POST: Rob Andrews - August 25, 2021, 12:19:56 PM »
"I am going to archive this topic while we clean up the forum."
PLEASE navigate to our main thread - "Link"

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #1285 on: September 08, 2021, 08:10:05 PM »
B9GYP6As6q1oKBBheaM18eHVyzXPjTTGVW-0-75-159-128-214

" RandomX Giveaway for New RandomX Miners "

Directed here from POST: Rob Andrews - August 25, 2021, 12:19:56 PM »
"I am going to archive this topic while we clean up the forum."
PLEASE navigate to our main thread - "Link"

The promotion is over but you are welcome as a new miner, welcome aboard!

• HazeBBP

more
« Reply #1286 on: September 09, 2021, 02:19:57 AM »
The promotion is over but you are welcome as a new miner, welcome aboard!

I usually am late to thing  :D.  Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been into crypto for about 3+ years (mining, exchange, stakes).  When I saw BBP about a month ago (yes, late again to the party!), I was quite interested. As a Christian myself, I embrace the idea of Scripture embedded into the chain. Especially for a Christian!  I am currently mining day 2, all is well! I plan to HODL my BBP, not sell it. While continuing to support this project, being active and telling others about BBP. Anyways thanks again, won't clutter up your thread.  Someday I can post my own!  ;D

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #1287 on: September 09, 2021, 06:03:41 AM »
I usually am late to thing  :D.  Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been into crypto for about 3+ years (mining, exchange, stakes).  When I saw BBP about a month ago (yes, late again to the party!), I was quite interested. As a Christian myself, I embrace the idea of Scripture embedded into the chain. Especially for a Christian!  I am currently mining day 2, all is well! I plan to HODL my BBP, not sell it. While continuing to support this project, being active and telling others about BBP. Anyways thanks again, won't clutter up your thread.  Someday I can post my own!  ;D

Its so good to have more Christians here, welcome Haze, brother in Christ!
I sent you a little startup capital.

Your not cluttering the thread, we welcome you.

You should be able to post without approval in roughly two more posts.

(We get a lot of hacking attempts here from the internet at large etc).

Welcome aboard.

So, you probably noticed, the difference with our sanctuaries (those are our masternodes) is we require each sanc to sponsor one orphan.  Were trying to set a Holy precedent that helps others, etc.

Hopefully we can spread the Gospel to millions of crypto users over the next 5 years.

• HazeBBP

more
« Reply #1288 on: September 09, 2021, 05:59:35 PM »
Its so good to have more Christians here, welcome Haze, brother in Christ!
I sent you a little startup capital.

Your not cluttering the thread, we welcome you.

You should be able to post without approval in roughly two more posts.

(We get a lot of hacking attempts here from the internet at large etc).

Welcome aboard.

So, you probably noticed, the difference with our sanctuaries (those are our masternodes) is we require each sanc to sponsor one orphan.  Were trying to set a Holy precedent that helps others, etc.

Hopefully we can spread the Gospel to millions of crypto users over the next 5 years.

Well thank you very much for your generosity, It is well received.  In time, I would like to pay that forward, most definitely! Lol, I looked at my miner this morning and had to rub the sleep out of my eyes, as I thought my miner earned that.. definitely started off my morning right!

Side not, yes I have been researching the project over the past day (charities, bitcointalk, medium etc.)  Despite the earlier "attacks" BBP received in 2017-2018, things look very very promising and seem to "check out", so far! LOVE the photos, letters and write ups on Pakistan wells! Adoption in the future, for me, will become a reality.

Praise the Lord that you and your team were able to "defend" BBP those many years ago.  As Christians, especially in "crypto world", tend to come under spiritual enemy attack, nice to see God prevail through your team!
God Bless and look forward to supporting BBP while becoming more involved! Cheers!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #1289 on: September 09, 2021, 08:13:57 PM »
Well thank you very much for your generosity, It is well received.  In time, I would like to pay that forward, most definitely! Lol, I looked at my miner this morning and had to rub the sleep out of my eyes, as I thought my miner earned that.. definitely started off my morning right!

Side not, yes I have been researching the project over the past day (charities, bitcointalk, medium etc.)  Despite the earlier "attacks" BBP received in 2017-2018, things look very very promising and seem to "check out", so far! LOVE the photos, letters and write ups on Pakistan wells! Adoption in the future, for me, will become a reality.

Praise the Lord that you and your team were able to "defend" BBP those many years ago.  As Christians, especially in "crypto world", tend to come under spiritual enemy attack, nice to see God prevail through your team!
God Bless and look forward to supporting BBP while becoming more involved! Cheers!

Thank you!  Yes we had a little bit of a dark period in 2018 after our price crashed and some infighting occurred, but thank God we made it through that and I believe our community got more humble because of that.

At one point we did have a lot of attackers who tried to upload viruses into childrens letters and sold our coin for 6.66 on a repeating script, etc, but thankfully, those people left.