Bible Pay

Read 410561 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Compiling the source code and installed BOINC. How do I obtain some tBBP for running a masternode?

Please post address and I will Rapture it.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
The analogy is kind of funny... Just as bitcoin + sha miners needed cgminer, our miner is rosetta. 

It might be easier to set our system up (on multiple machines) than most obscure mining setups. 

I think we really have something here.  We dont have to worry about an entity porting rosetta to GPU because the program is so complicated it cant be done (it would be done if it could, actually they are trying) but nothing for us to worry about as BOINC figures out the relevant rewards in cobblestones per cycle. 

This feels better already....

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Sweet, so two things:
On windows boinc, click View | Advanced view.  Click on the Projects Tab.  View the Rosetta row.  Notice the value for "Avg Work Done".  That is your RAC.  You really have to wait for that to get above like 5 to see anything big in BBP.

Cool, I see the project, it had my initial account name,
but once I clicked Properties command it updated and has the correct account name now,
also see: Disk Usage 4.27GB

Projects Tab:
Project: Rosetta@home, Account: togoshigekata, Team: BiblePay, Work done 0, Avg work done 0, Resource Shares 100%,

Theres a Tasks tab, Application Rosetta 4.06 and Roestta Mini 3.78,
most are in "Ready to start" state, a few are "Running" with really small percentages,
randomly they all got "Suspended" for a few seconds, Cpu busy

Tasks that are running look like theyve been running for 32 minutes now, but are only 4-5% done

But in the mean time, the other thing, on finding your CPID - in your Rosetta web account (the linked one you linked), search for : cross-project id in the stats section.  Thats your CPID - it will stick with you forever, even if you launch 1000 machines.  But you dont need to type it into biblepy.  But please paste it in notepad for this exercise.

In BBP, now you should go to the Distributed Computing page, and type in the rosetta user & password and click associate.

Then wait for 6 blocks for confirm to occur.  Then type 'exec getboincinfo'..  If everything worked, your CPID will match the one in notepad.

So I have BiblePay on a remote Linux machine through Putty/SSH (command line) on testnet chain,
and I have BOINC on local Windows Machine,

Do I need to now install latest BiblePay for Windows and run it in testnet to do the above?

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
Rob, do you have an article explaining how it works? I don't understand how we are creating blocks or processing transactions if we are doing distributed computing.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Cool, I see the project, it had my initial account name,
but once I clicked Properties command it updated and has the correct account name now,
also see: Disk Usage 4.27GB

Projects Tab:
Project: Rosetta@home, Account: togoshigekata, Team: BiblePay, Work done 0, Avg work done 0, Resource Shares 100%,

Theres a Tasks tab, Application Rosetta 4.06 and Roestta Mini 3.78,
most are in "Ready to start" state, a few are "Running" with really small percentages,
randomly they all got "Suspended" for a few seconds, Cpu busy

Tasks that are running look like theyve been running for 32 minutes now, but are only 4-5% done

So I have BiblePay on a remote Linux machine through Putty/SSH (command line) on testnet chain,
and I have BOINC on local Windows Machine,

Do I need to now install latest BiblePay for Windows and run it in testnet to do the above?

Right, I didnt add in the headless option yet.  OK:  Added.

Go ahead and grab 1.0.8.8l and now if you want to do this from headless go to rpc:

exec associate rosetta_email_address rosetta_password

And it should reply with the correct errors.  Note:  You need at least 1 bbp to perform the association.

In windows, we have a UI for this, along with UI for magnitude and CPID list.

I just received notification that the windows build is not complete yet- Ill work on that issue next.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob, do you have an article explaining how it works? I don't understand how we are creating blocks or processing transactions if we are doing distributed computing.

You already read the two wikis at the top, correct?  (Did you see the Payments section)?

• T-Mike

more
Not all of it yet, will keep reading. I'm assuming those options are in the linux qt right? Because I'm compiling the -k version at the moment.

• T-Mike

more
You already read the two wikis at the top, correct?  (Did you see the Payments section)?

I see that 90% is PODC and 10% POL/POW, how is the POW work being commenced? Or what is mining that 10%? So the testnet is also testing the POL code also right? It is my understand that it does not exist right now.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Not all of it yet, will keep reading. I'm assuming those options are in the linux qt right? Because I'm compiling the -k version at the moment.

Which options?

(All features in windows are in linux, and all features in QT are in headless, except headless does not have a GUI - but instead has a different way of doing things).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I see that 90% is PODC and 10% POL/POW, how is the POW work being commenced? Or what is mining that 10%? So the testnet is also testing the POL code also right? It is my understand that it does not exist right now.

The blocks are being solved by the controller wallet using POBh (POW), for a 10% reward, the other 90% is going toward the proof-of-dc budget for the daily superblock.  (These figures dont include our existing 20% budget, I was just trying to simplify the answer).

POL is disabled for two reasons:  (Trying to avoid forks - as POW is better for chainwork and security, and trying to avoid creating a business logic rule for the T-6 weight problem), secondly, I dont think we need it - as I think PODC starves off the botnet.  Its better to have a resilient reliable syncing chain.  (I dont want to bash it, its still a possibility if the issues are fixed - but Id rather error on the cautious side and evaluate this ecosystem first).

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:45:33 PM by Rob A. »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
So it looks like the windows build is missing an icon, so it probably wont be ready before I go to sleep tonight.  Ill look at that issue in the morning. 

In the mean time, anyone who compiled the *nix version can still install graphics on their nix box and launch ./biblepay-qt and see the DC tab.

Btw, if anyone is mining in prod and wants to run testnet side by side your prod masternode, just do this:

./biblepay-qt -testnet -masternode=0 -rpcport=45000

That will allow it to boot side by side without taking your prod node down.

• T-Mike

more
The blocks are being solved by the controller wallet using POBh (POW), for a 10% reward, the other 90% is going toward the proof-of-dc budget for the daily superblock.  (These figures dont include our existing 20% budget, I was just trying to simplify the answer).

POL is disabled for two reasons:  (Trying to avoid forks - as POW is better for chainwork and security, and trying to avoid creating a business logic rule for the T-6 weight problem), secondly, I dont think we need it - as I think PODC starves off the botnet.  Its better to have a resilient reliable syncing chain.  (I dont want to bash it, its still a possibility if the issues are fixed - but Id rather error on the cautious side and evaluate this ecosystem first).

Thanks for the explaination, I understand now. I asekd about the POL because you wrote "The payment system pays out 90% of the available block subsidy to proof-of-dc, and 10% to proof-of-loyalty/proof-of-work." Hope testing goes well!

I'll run the testnet on my masternode tomorrow like you suggested.

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
I think v1.0.8.8 upped the protocol version from 70715 to 70716?
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/src/version.h#L13

Sorry was setting up / updating a mainnet sanctuary at the same time as this BOINC stuff,
ran into incorrect protocol version error, Ill warn the others to use git checkout to v1.0.8.7

====

I got my Linux testnet wallet updated,
Ill try the RPC command to associate,
just need to clean my Windows wallet for testnet and send some tBBP from it, will report back!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:08:50 PM by togoshigekata »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I think v1.0.8.8 upped the protocol version from 70715 to 70716?
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/src/version.h#L13

Sorry was setting up / updating a mainnet sanctuary at the same time as this BOINC stuff,
ran into incorrect protocol version error, Ill warn the others to use git checkout to v1.0.8.7

====

I got my Linux testnet wallet updated,
Ill try the RPC command to associate,
just need to clean my Windows wallet for testnet and send some tBBP from it, will report back!

1088 indeed ups the protocol version to 70716 - but it is still compatible in prod.
This should not hurt prod...As prod accepts anything 70714+.

But in testnet we do require 70716.

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
I need tBBP for address:  yQooaKF2sH3MqeqfFamycsMTaGtSkwc464
Enough to create a santuary and pay 1 BBP for the association

EDIT: Thanks got 1,000,000 tBBP Balance now

Looks like my Windows testnet sent all my tBBP

Is there a testnet block explorer? Found it:
https://testnet.biblepay-explorer.org
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:42:54 PM by togoshigekata »