Read 9928 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Amazon Storefront Integration
« on: July 03, 2021, 01:49:40 PM »
This thread is dedicated to testing our new Amazon Storefront.

This is possibly one of BiblePay's best use cases.  The ability to spend your cryptocurrency on real durable goods.

Could I hypothesize that this makes BiblePay a Top 100 coin?  A top 10 coin?  A top 5 coin?
Possibly, because out of 1000 cryptocurrencies, most of them have no real use case.

This means that we will be one of the first to actually be useful in the real world.
You can BUY biblepay (as a speculative cryptocurrency) on an exchange, we know that. 
But up til today, what could you do with biblepay?  You can't really spend it on much, unless you first convert it to BITCOIN.

But now, we have something that only a few coins have:  The direct ability to buy billions of $ of products with BiblePay, starting today.

You might remember that during our second year we started on this idea (An amazon integration) and due to technical problems, we never did finish it.  But today, its finished (or should I say, in beta).  The technical problems have been worked out.  Theoretically, there are not any expense caps either (you can buy a $25 gift card, you can buy a $200 construction tool, or a $1,000 computer if you want, this week, as soon as the bugs are worked out).  I feel our liquidity on SX has increased enough to handle the volume, although I admit we will crash the price and raise the price vehemently when we start stress testing, but those are normal growth pains.

Now we have something to talk about..  Anytime a user says in the trollbox:  What good is biblepay, do they even have a use case?  YES, you can buy Anything with biblepay, with free shipping, delivered to your house. 

Lets get started:

To use this new feature:

https://foundation.biblepay.org
Click on Storefront

Doing your own research, you can look for absolutely any amazon item that is considered PRIME (because we want to offer free shipping to our users), copy the URL, and simply add it to our marketplace and the item will appear for sale.   (NOTE: When you add an item, do not add Whole Foods or Pantry items, those are not supported, however you can add a "Prime" food item as long as the shipping is free and does not say "$35 minimum order required for free shipping".  Notice all the cereals I added.)

We don't charge ANY markup at this time!  Shipping is free.  The taxes are included in the purchase price.  You can also buy a single item, such as a box of crackers and they will be delivered  to you with no surcharges.

To buy an item simply follow the Buy Item wizard (self explanatory).

I look forward to everyones input, testing, and most importantly growth!

Praise God, and may Jesus have all the Glory with Bible Pay!

If I never mentioned it, I envision BiblePay being a facility to provide a reliable service for Christians in the future (when cryptocurrency becomes more prevalent).

« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 01:58:48 PM by Rob Andrews »

• akkin4

• April 25, 2018, 04:13:45 PM
    more
Re: Amazon Storefront Integration
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 03:52:52 PM »

Fantatic,Bittrex here we come.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 05:20:01 PM »

Fantatic,Bittrex here we come.

That would be super cool; your right, bittrex main req't is that a coin provides a novel use case...  Lets see if we can make some traction with this then talk to them...

On a related note I have a contact at Poloniex I've been saving for this very day;  I deliberately want to wait until we are 'ready';  I think we are close to that point.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 01:17:45 PM »
This looks great!

Are all prime countries supported or just US market?

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 12:49:13 AM »

This is a great development. I was in eCommerce for almost a decade so always fascinated to see how crypto handles eCommerce. You've done a great job with getting InstantSend working and feel that was foundational to making real-time transactions a reality. I remember the first time you told us about BitRefill and BBP -> DASH. I was blown away by how quickly Bitrefill was able to validate a purchase (literally seconds). So, this Storefront integration feels like the 2.0 version of that and it uses BBP directly instead of having to convert it to DASH.

Who is processing the orders? Will there be any issue with having many shipping locations? (I know this is a good problem to have).

I'd also encourage the charities that are based in the USA or a region that Amazon free shipping supports to add their wish list items so we can support charities like CameroonONE. Even if it is not child-specific, helping support operations means they can use their funds more efficiently.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 02:30:34 PM by sunk818 »
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 10:11:07 AM »
This looks great!

Are all prime countries supported or just US market?

Thanks,  I will be looking into multiple countries this week.

(As far as the level of effort to implement more than one Country).

I love the idea of shipping bibles to India, and food to the last mile.

Btw guys, you can order a box of crackers right now with no minimum order amount and 0 shipping fees.
I just got my bottle of maple syrup in a single box.

I ordered a tube of caulk recently also, all by itself for $2.18.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 10:16:18 AM »
This is a great development. I was in eCommerce for almost a decade so almost fascinated to see how crypto handles eCommerce. You've done a great job with getting InstantSend working and feel that was foundational to making real-time transactions a reality. I remember the first time you told us about BitRefill and BBP -> DASH. I was blown away by how quickly Bitrefill was able to validate a purchase (literally seconds). So, this Storefront integration feels like the 2.0 version of that and it uses BBP directly instead of having to convert it to DASH.

Who is processing the orders? Will there be any issue with having many shipping locations? (I know this is a good problem to have).

I'd also encourage the charities that are based in the USA or a region that Amazon free shipping supports to add their wish list items so we can support charities like CameroonONE. Even if it is not child-specific, helping support operations means they can use their funds more efficiently.
Thanks, good points.

Amazon is processing the orders (in an automated fashion from the Foundation Pool);  and surprisingly, we may be able to add Walmart and Home Depot in the future (lol).  But Amazon is a massive effort to begin with so lets see if we can attract a few hundred users (at least) while we get started with Amazon.

You can have as many address book (shipping address) entries as you want; just add all of them.

In the future I might add a direct order option from the biblepaycore command line, so someone can enter an ItemID and buy directly from the wallet, but Id like to see this gain some traction as it is first.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 02:33:10 PM »

i bring up the point about shipping addresses because if it looks like you're using prime to conduct business (many unique ship to addresses) there is some risk of having the account shut down. easy enough to recuperate from that but there's specific wording about drop shipping in the tos. it will be a good problem to have anyway :).

Thanks, good points.

Amazon is processing the orders (in an automated fashion from the Foundation Pool);  and surprisingly, we may be able to add Walmart and Home Depot in the future (lol).  But Amazon is a massive effort to begin with so lets see if we can attract a few hundred users (at least) while we get started with Amazon.

You can have as many address book (shipping address) entries as you want; just add all of them.

In the future I might add a direct order option from the biblepaycore command line, so someone can enter an ItemID and buy directly from the wallet, but Id like to see this gain some traction as it is first.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• sntjo2847

• May 21, 2021, 02:55:13 PM
    more
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 01:56:17 PM »
Is this using Amazon Smile? While it is a small %(0.5), it does not increase the price that is paid and gives a little to charity. Cameroon One is on the list, as are many top notch charities.

• twinkle

• May 12, 2021, 09:05:47 AM
    more
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 02:10:48 PM »
Totally agree, was thinking of posting a similar idea. Would definitely further help to solidify that this coin is about showing God's love across the earth.
May God bless you and your loved ones,
twinkle

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 08:43:02 PM »
Is this using Amazon Smile? While it is a small %(0.5), it does not increase the price that is paid and gives a little to charity. Cameroon One is on the list, as are many top notch charities.
Right now our integration component is not compatible with any amazon charities, but we could definitely add on a checkbox to tithe 10% of the purchase to orphan-charity.

(We still have over 20 SAI orphans available that need sponsored, so they would be compatible with this.  I also have to look into making a few SAI orphan NFTs).

• sntjo2847

• May 21, 2021, 02:55:13 PM
    more
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2021, 10:41:55 AM »
Right now our integration component is not compatible with any amazon charities, but we could definitely add on a checkbox to tithe 10% of the purchase to orphan-charity.

(We still have over 20 SAI orphans available that need sponsored, so they would be compatible with this.  I also have to look into making a few SAI orphan NFTs).
Ok, I was not sure if it would be. It's too bad that it is not; for normal browsing / purchasing the only change is the url changes from amazon.com to smile.amazon.com

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 01:46:42 PM »
Ok, I was not sure if it would be. It's too bad that it is not; for normal browsing / purchasing the only change is the url changes from amazon.com to smile.amazon.com

Ok, so after doing a little more testing, I found out that we *are* compatible with the smile charities, and I was able to add Cameroon-One as our default charity!

So, going forward all purchases automatically go through Smile and contribute to Cameroon-one!

Great idea, thanks!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2021, 01:51:27 PM »
I have the following countries available for possible Amazon integration next:

Amazon United Kingdom†   amazon_uk   
Amazon Canada†   amazon_ca   
Amazon Germany†   amazon_de   
Amazon Mexico†   amazon_mx

However I will definitely need some more demand before I enable our first foreign country.

If anyone knows any willing users in these foreign countries, to help test the integration with me, and place a couple sample orders (even a few boxes of cereal etc), let us know...

• bcejrh

• April 15, 2021, 11:18:40 PM
    more
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2021, 12:40:41 PM »
This is great. But I couldn't use it, for some reason my biblepay wallet and my account here is not sync the balance. so I can't buy anything.