Bible Pay

Read 5929 times

• DerekChris

• March 11, 2021, 07:09:57 AM
    more
BBP seems slow to transfer
« on: March 22, 2021, 01:51:22 AM »
Hi

I'm new to BiblePay and I sent a Transaction to Southxchange and this was 5 hours ago.  When I asked about it I was told I may have an old wallet and need to upgrade. I downloaded the Core wallet just this week.
I also have a small transaction that I sent around  7:30 am that is still not anywhere.
Why are transactions so slow I mean can't it even use my node to help with the sending otherwise whats the point of us all having nodes?
Did I just catch a bug or an error like Grin and MWC they both just had large errors just this week.
Anyway heres my newbie code BARUHeADFLg44Hcn8VkUDXUvD8EqMR1gah-0-67-11-11-55
He still didnt pay me on my mining to it but did welcome me to the party so I'm just mining normally and intend if things like this are solved to make it my primary cpu mining project.
I love that this is Christian and not just greed (evil) based but as I have Cancer I am also looking to be able to do some things before i die so gotta look at the bottom line too. Slow transactions are not gonna fly with just normal miners.

God Bless, Derek C

• DerekChris

more
Re: BBP seems slow to transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 01:56:25 AM »
Just received this from Southxchange

According to the official explorer the transaction doesn't even have 1 confirmation, so the fact that you see +50 confirmations means you are forked off the main chain. Please contact the BBP team for assistance:

So who do I contact about my wallet not working?

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 07:35:43 AM »
Just received this from Southxchange

According to the official explorer the transaction doesn't even have 1 confirmation, so the fact that you see +50 confirmations means you are forked off the main chain. Please contact the BBP team for assistance:

So who do I contact about my wallet not working?

Hello Chris.
Yes it shouldnt take that long for transfer to take place. You can try erasechain command to return to the main chain. I will link to a guide for it: https://whitewalr.us/2019/biblepay-erasechain-not-reindex.html

Other then that Rob is the guy to talk to talk to.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• DerekChris

more
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 08:51:15 AM »
Okay Let me get this straight.  Just week or 2 ago.  All I did was download your wallet and mine and now all the BBP I sent to the exchange what's gonna happen to that when I erase?

Will it erase what I do have in my wallet?  How could this happen in the first place? Who can I talk to for support on this issue?  As it stands now I guess I'm just gonna lose a little over 2 million that I mined Because the wallet is corrupt? Which I did nothing to.  Seems to me the larger issue is whether the wallet is reliable or not.  I'm using the windows wallet from your site. For now I think all my mining will be direct to the exchange. Until this is sorted out.  I really like this project and would like it to work.

So I follow the guide and do an erase and then the wallet is supposed to work? Do I lose what's in it? Or maybe I already lost everything because a different transaction I sent to my Laptop into which I also installed your wallet has also not been received yet.  That transaction is over 24 hours.  I really need to contact someone who can help recover my lost BBP and help me to have a working wallet.  Please Point me in the right direction. Does Biblepay have a support team? A number you can call?

Anyway Thanks in advance,

God Bless,  Derek C

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 09:13:03 AM »
Hey Derek.
I dont dare to speculate on your situation, we need to bring in Rob or maybe MIP can assist aswell.
One thing i can tell you is that if you have mined coins on the forked chain then those arent valid on main chain.
Lets see if we can get Rob to help you out.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 10:50:12 AM »
We are checking it in telegram, thanks Earlz

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 09:15:25 AM »
Yeah, MIP made me aware he was running an old wallet and mining on a fork.

Coins mined on a fork are not valid, so that explains why the wallet erased the non-legitimate coins (once synced).

You can bookmark https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=517.new#new
this forum or follow twitter to find out about our mandatory upgrades.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 06:22:30 PM »
Hi, I just started using Bible Pay. How come I don't have access to create a new topic in this forum?

I transferred 900,000 BBP from SouthXchange to my wallet app. The wallet app doesn't show anything and it's been more than 8 hours. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 06:10:57 AM »
Hi, I just started using Bible Pay. How come I don't have access to create a new topic in this forum?

I transferred 900,000 BBP from SouthXchange to my wallet app. The wallet app doesn't show anything and it's been more than 8 hours. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.
We don't give the right to create new topics until you have a few posts and we get to know you.  This has been "spoiled by the dirty hackers", sorry but they attack every day, lol.

Thats why I had to even approve your first post, lol.

Anyway you have 1 good post now, welcome aboard!

Anyway on this SX thing, Im sorry but you will have to ask them why your transfer is not going out of their wallet.
If you paste the TXID here, I will track it for you.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

EDIT:  I am working with SX now!  The issue is that biblepay is using a function that is not working on their new architecture.  We are working on an emergency fix right now.
I expect this to be resolved before the end of the day.  Sorry about the inconvenience.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 10:00:00 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Dunerghost

• February 21, 2021, 06:01:56 AM
    more
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 06:41:40 PM »
Was having this same issue and figured it was on SXs side as usual, but thank you for keeping this project so well maintained, rob
1 Chronicles 16:11

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.