Bible Pay

Read 1942 times

• Borgholio

• June 09, 2019, 03:29:31 AM
    more
Error loading block database
« on: July 15, 2020, 10:56:47 AM »
For the past few weeks I have been getting the error "Error loading block database, would you like to rebuild?" whenever I launch the BP client after restarting my computer.  I've made sure the client is fully exited before I reboot the computer.  To fix I have tried running the client with -erasechain=1, I have tried the various wallet repair options in the Tools menu, I made sure the client was updated to the most recent version, I even manually deleted all the block files from the BP directory and redownloaded from scratch.  No luck so far.

Also, if I let it rebuild the block database, half the time it won't complete.  It will get stuck with about 5% left while synchronizing and just keep falling further and further behind.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: Error loading block database
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 12:10:10 PM »
For the past few weeks I have been getting the error "Error loading block database, would you like to rebuild?" whenever I launch the BP client after restarting my computer.  I've made sure the client is fully exited before I reboot the computer.  To fix I have tried running the client with -erasechain=1, I have tried the various wallet repair options in the Tools menu, I made sure the client was updated to the most recent version, I even manually deleted all the block files from the BP directory and redownloaded from scratch.  No luck so far.

Also, if I let it rebuild the block database, half the time it won't complete.  It will get stuck with about 5% left while synchronizing and just keep falling further and further behind.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

There is still a bug in the reindex routine (I believe we are addressing that in testnet), but for now the best way to resolve this is :

./biblepay-qt -erasechain=1

Note that in this case its probably not that you rebooted or wrote bad data to the blocks file- there was probably a block marked bad if you upgraded after the last mandatory.  In the dash codebase you cannot get around that without either the above command (or 'exec reassesschains').  I usually suggest the above because Ive seen reassesschains fail sometimes.  But it is fast to try.