• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Explorer is down:
https://explorer.biblepay.org/

Thanks, in the mean time please use this one:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/

I think Togo has to resync it from scratch.

Sorry, I had upgraded nodejs, mongo and iquidus to latest versions,
but explorer kept getting stuck around block 150,000 and daemon kept crashing,
I couldnt figure it out and took a break

Ive now fully deleted everything
and installed minimum required versions for nodejs and mongo, rebooted and am trying again

Ill report back over the next few days

2600 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
** Bololex.com - BiblePay will be Listed Soon - New Exchange **

We will be listed on Bololex soon!

Thanks to everyone who participated in this grass roots effort!

And, also thanks to Meno who originally spearheaded this effort!

4300 BBP

Official go-live for BBP/USDT on Bololex:

https://bololex.com/trading/?symbol=BBP-USDT

I see we are listed as USDT.  I asked for an announcement go live date, and, if we will be listed with a BTC pair.

EDIT:  Admin didn't answer my question (why they didn't give go live date).  As far as BTC/BBP pair, they said No.

4300 BBP
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 01:00:54 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I received an interesting email today from Coupon Chief.

She asked me if we were interested in offering coupons to sponsor children to the public (IE 10% off this child).  I said absolutely, let's talk about this.

This is very interesting.  Wouldn't it be really cool if we had an actual coupon in a magazine to sponsor kids with a discount?

Anyway this is all I know so far, I am waiting for more information.

4300 BBP

• dave_bbp

• April 11, 2020, 12:25:14 PM
    more
..Moved to https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=670.new#new
Hey guys. Would it be possible to put these discussions in another thread? After all, this one is supposed to be the main source of information on BBP, especially for newcomers. And in my personal opinion I think posts like these, containing typical American wild conspiracy rumbling, may very well be one of the main reasons why no one wants to buy into this coin.  :(
Just my 2 cents, I would be interested in what others think about this.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 01:01:34 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hey guys. Would it be possible to put these discussions in another thread? After all, this one is supposed to be the main source of information on BBP, especially for newcomers. And in my personal opinion I think posts like these, containing typical American wild conspiracy rumbling, may very well be one of the main reasons why no one wants to buy into this coin.  :(
Just my 2 cents, I would be interested in what others think about this.

Yes, you struck on a nerve.
Hopefully you don't view my religious posts (about the Imminence of Jesus, or critical updates in the religious world) as trash (the ones that I made wiki pages about).

First of all, yes, we do have a full forum here, and you make a good point about going back to dedicated threads for off topic discussions.  Although, I must say that when I post religious material it was done in the spirit of feeling that it was extremely important (for non believers to get exposure to).

I definitely come from an IT background of organization, where we do strive to hold distinct thread topics.  Of course my personal reason in this case was lack of exposure, lack of users and mostly because I know that once we go to that model I have to enforce this thread to be core only.  But the truth is yes, it should be made into a dedicated thread for organization purposes.

I will move the religious discussion to a dedicated thread later today and enforce this thread to be for BiblePay core discussions that relate to mission critical updates or problems, and general newbie discussions and general PR and direction, etc.

Regarding the content being "American" and "wild conspiracy" however, I think if you look into it, the point of the explosive tag was that what we *thought* were conspiracies are now facts.  And, Gates for example is not an American only issue.  Gavi is talking about vaccinating the *worlds* population so this affects Germany and everyone else.

Finally, I believe partially that our prior thread of infighting (and swear words all over bitcointalk) is part of the problem (of why people were not buying) and thankfully we have worked our way through that and become more mature (or maybe the hackers left because they gave up and I'm enforcing a clean area), but also, this community needs horizontal volunteering.  For example, volunteering to port the whitepaper from English to German.

4300 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
** Religious Discussions have been Moved here **

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=670.new#new

Please 'Notify' (IE Watch) that thread for breaking religious alerts.  And I will also try to tweet them out of foundation.biblepay.org when they are important.

Please use the new thread for general religious discussions, and going forward we will use this thread for general biblepay-core discussions.

Thanks!

4300 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
** Our Future Features **

Note that what I write below does not materially affect the current roadmap.  If we do decide to program any of these new features, they will instead be ADDED to the roadmap.

So, I have three ideas that appear to be 'relatively good' and appear to have strong potential.

However, not every idea that has potential is worth doing, especially if it is not aligned with God's vision.  (Mark 8:36).  What profiteth a man if he gains the whole world... applies here.

Idea A:   However, I prayed about this one, and did NOT receive a green light.  So, I am putting this on the back burner.  (For those Christians out there who ask, what do you mean, I actually heard prepare for the rapture instead.  I realize this is hard to comprehend, but realize if you have the Holy Spirit living in you, we need to listen to HIM).

Idea B:  This idea adds a DWU (dynamic whale unit) marketplace to BBP allowing us to establish 'stake' rewards for other currencies.  In essence a user would hold many long cryptos and use biblepay to receive the stake component of the reward.  For example, if you have 10MM BBP you may lend the part of the component to the other party, to complete the contract.  This idea, I believe is still possible in the future but I have not prayed about it.

Idea C:  This new idea came to me (all credit to the Holy Spirit) the other day.  I felt that it would be useful for BBP to reward those who create Christian Content.  Now when I thought of this, the idea had more to do with coinbase (mining rewards) going to a person who created an original article that is read on the WWW.  But I thought about it for a while, and I think this in general can be expanded to make BBP a place that make Christian Content available.

Lets break Idea C up into some smaller components:  A markdown editor.  This allows a BBP user to go directly in and use an editor to create a new article (or a paraphrased edifying article), or rework a very long bible chapter, etc.  The idea is to give them the tool that will allow lists, tables, images, fonts, etc, similar to a blog and also similar to steemit posts, where we can take the emitted markdown and store it in the chain (or in the pointer to our BBPIPFS storage), and retrieve it and display it as html. 
Somehow, we would have the ability to browse and upvote/downvote the content (this is for monetization and popularity).
And, possible a BIBLEPAY version of google for Christians.  I could see a new Christian Search Engine that pulls up all the content via a search bar.
We might also want to compensate users for adding links into our search engine.
And, possibly embed public keys into URLs, to have the URLs with monetization (IE require payment of 1bbp to read an article) etc.

4300 BBP
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 08:21:07 AM by Rob Andrews »

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
And, possible a BIBLEPAY version of google for Christians.  I could see a new Christian Search Engine that pulls up all the content via a search bar.
We might also want to compensate users for adding links into our search engine.
And, possibly embed public keys into URLs, to have the URLs with monetization (IE require payment of 1bbp to read an article) etc.
4300 BBP

Interesting idea Rob. Another way to look at it would be to set aside a daily pool. Either traffic driven to the articles, upvotes/downvotes, or some other metric could be used to pay all authors from the pool. Might need to ban IPs from known VPNs, proxy, etc and stick to unique IP addresses if you go the upvote/downvote idea. The metric would only apply for the UTC date traffic was received, upvoted, etc.  The daily pool idea is already something BBP has been doing a long time with GSC contracts (PoDC, Healing, etc). The final data is embedded into the daily superblock that is agreed upon by the sanctuaries.

2700 BBP
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

Interesting idea Rob. Another way to look at it would be to set aside a daily pool. Either traffic driven to the articles, upvotes/downvotes, or some other metric could be used to pay all authors from the pool. Might need to ban IPs from known VPNs, proxy, etc and stick to unique IP addresses if you go the upvote/downvote idea. The metric would only apply for the UTC date traffic was received, upvoted, etc.  The daily pool idea is already something BBP has been doing a long time with GSC contracts (PoDC, Healing, etc). The final data is embedded into the daily superblock that is agreed upon by the sanctuaries.

2700 BBP

Yeah, good points.  I don't see why the GSC system could not pay out the daily content related rewards (based on article popularity and content originality and traffic etc).

Im thinking now of making Gas for the system, so that navigation in the system requires payment.  So for example, imagine if we had 5,000 contributed URLs in our search engine, and 100 were original content.  Any click made to any URL automatically charges an amount of GAS (which could be of course, a BBP debit).  Im trying to design the changes to the web browser.  If we keep chrome and firefox without using any plugins, we could have it so clicking on a BBP URL requires the browser to send the Gas in the header of the Get request.  So basically we extend the IETF spec for HTTP 1.1 to include an additional Get and Post header (containing the Gas).  Then the gas could probably go into the pool of rewards for original content (to held reduce coinbase emissions).

Also, Im going to create a proof of concept for the markdown editor.  So far I am using opensource version of 'editor.md' which is very powerful.  My goal is to make a public facing page in c#
 - in the pool - that lets someone create an article and save it in the chain.  Then we can adapt it to this project after that.  (Its 100% javascript, so it could theoretically be used inside biblepaycore also).

4300 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
Yeah, good points.  I don't see why the GSC system could not pay out the daily content related rewards (based on article popularity and content originality and traffic etc).

Im thinking now of making Gas for the system, so that navigation in the system requires payment.  So for example, imagine if we had 5,000 contributed URLs in our search engine, and 100 were original content.  Any click made to any URL automatically charges an amount of GAS (which could be of course, a BBP debit).  Im trying to design the changes to the web browser.  If we keep chrome and firefox without using any plugins, we could have it so clicking on a BBP URL requires the browser to send the Gas in the header of the Get request.  So basically we extend the IETF spec for HTTP 1.1 to include an additional Get and Post header (containing the Gas).  Then the gas could probably go into the pool of rewards for original content (to held reduce coinbase emissions).

Also, Im going to create a proof of concept for the markdown editor.  So far I am using opensource version of 'editor.md' which is very powerful.  My goal is to make a public facing page in c#
 - in the pool - that lets someone create an article and save it in the chain.  Then we can adapt it to this project after that.  (Its 100% javascript, so it could theoretically be used inside biblepaycore also).
N00b question here:
Would the authors of any articles or content need to understand C#, python or any other languages to do so? Or, would that be a part of what you are describing as a solution to type, save and "pay for" text in the form of an article? TGIF!

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
N00b question here:
Would the authors of any articles or content need to understand C#, python or any other languages to do so? Or, would that be a part of what you are describing as a solution to type, save and "pay for" text in the form of an article? TGIF!

1000 BBP

TGIF to you too!

No, the end user would not have to understand c#, but instead, it would be a similar learning experience to wiki pages.  But I checked out steemit, and they also use markdown (like github does).  So basically we would have a markdown editor page that would either come up in the wallet (or on the pool website), it would be a full featured article editor.

I believe the markdown is very compatible, so the only learning curve would be learning markdown to write an article.  The editor has GUI buttons too, so they don't really need to learn markdown to make an article. 

I'll keep working on some type of proof of concept and we can test it.  One thing I learned already in the process is a person can design professional flowcharts and logic diagrams using markdown in a very simple way (IE you can just type in variable names and outputs, and the renderer will draw the logic graph or the flowchart automatically).  So I think you can make some impressive articles with markdown.  The images will be a little bit of a challenge since most people will have to figure out how to host images.  However we have a big leg up on that cause we have document storage in biblepay (BIPFS) and I think we can make a separate utility to store users links.

Ill comment more on the GAS a little later, as Im still trying to make a browser.  At this point Im getting a little more excited about GAS.  I was thinking if everyone had to pay a pay-per-click fee as they clicked around, we could make an entire economy out of the web without ads, etc.  I think this is going to need a custom web server and a custom browser.  But let me expiriment on that.

4300 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
https://www.biblepay.org/freebbp/

Graviex no longer has BBP.

Not sure on FreeFaucet - I will ask.

SX, I can put some more BBP on there, but wanted to use bounty funds for pay-to-click ads for announcing wells, dash stake, etc. So, I'll ask a small amount < 1 BBP.

The unfortunate part with faucets is that although there is ROI, it is incredibly hard to measure what kind of conversion you get from faucet users as opposed to it being anonymous welfare. We should at least have banner ads linking to internal pages of biblepay.org so there's a purpose for the faucet beyond just giving out BBP.

2700 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
https://www.biblepay.org/freebbp/

Graviex no longer has BBP.

Not sure on FreeFaucet - I will ask.

SX, I can put some more BBP on there, but wanted to use bounty funds for pay-to-click ads for announcing wells, dash stake, etc. So, I'll ask a small amount < 1 BBP.

The unfortunate part with faucets is that although there is ROI, it is incredibly hard to measure what kind of conversion you get from faucet users as opposed to it being anonymous welfare. We should at least have banner ads linking to internal pages of biblepay.org so there's a purpose for the faucet beyond just giving out BBP.
Good morning, Sun.

Thanks for the update on the faucets / exchanges.
As for FreeFaucet = https://freefaucet.io/claim/index.php?coin_name=biblepay&faucet_key=freefaucet1&claim=Claim+Biblepay
That link still works, but it is hidden. Biblepay is in the wallet, but you can't get to the faucet without knowing how to reach it.
Also, you cannot withdraw BBP from freefaucet. I have found that their "server is temp. down" banner comes up every time if you try to withdraw BBP. But, if you exchange to Brazio, you can then move that currency anywhere you want... yeah.

Not sure on the SX faucets. Most of the time, the faucets have some coin that you can't do anything with anyway. Adding BBP there again may just cause confusion? just my two cents.

1000 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
Good morning, Sun.

Thanks for the update on the faucets / exchanges.
As for FreeFaucet = https://freefaucet.io/claim/index.php?coin_name=biblepay&faucet_key=freefaucet1&claim=Claim+Biblepay
That link still works, but it is hidden. Biblepay is in the wallet, but you can't get to the faucet without knowing how to reach it.
Also, you cannot withdraw BBP from freefaucet. I have found that their "server is temp. down" banner comes up every time if you try to withdraw BBP. But, if you exchange to Brazio, you can then move that currency anywhere you want... yeah.

Not sure on the SX faucets. Most of the time, the faucets have some coin that you can't do anything with anyway. Adding BBP there again may just cause confusion? just my two cents.

Will take a look at freefaucet BBP again.

Put 50k more on SX @ 0.777 BBP

I have 40k BBP left, will use to advertise the:
* water well: https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=566.0
* forum activity reward: https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=586.0
* and maybe the main biblepay.org page: https://www.biblepay.org/

Will ask 100k BBP more and see if we can continue the ad traffic. The sources I've found are much cheaper than google adwords, paying crypto btc/doge, etc and ends up being less than 1/10th of a penny for clicks.

2700 BBP

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
I received this listing proposal via discord

hello friend,sorry for contacting you without your immediate consent.I am Renata from FINEXBOX exchange.

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/finexbox/

We have 6 pairs to choose, BTC, ETH, DOGE, LTC,USDT,TRX. Each pair is 0.2btc.

Any thought?