Bible Pay

Read 19425 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Its a coincidence that we had a couple religious discussions today - because I was thinking of adding a new forum feature where we monetize religious discussions also (in a dedicated thread).

I'm going to work on that soon so we can get that started, but note that we may not be able to deploy it to prod for about 9 days - otherwise it will disrupt the go live of POOS (POOS has some fractional sanc code waiting in foundation.biblepay.org to be deployed).

4200 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Please read to discuss making BiblePay a Dash Backed cryptocurrency:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=595.new#new

4200 BBP

• sunk818

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more

This is a great idea. We are doing God's work, but part of the call is to share the Good News.

Its a coincidence that we had a couple religious discussions today - because I was thinking of adding a new forum feature where we monetize religious discussions also (in a dedicated thread).

I'm going to work on that soon so we can get that started, but note that we may not be able to deploy it to prod for about 9 days - otherwise it will disrupt the go live of POOS (POOS has some fractional sanc code waiting in foundation.biblepay.org to be deployed).

4200 BBP

2600 BBP
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• sunk818

more
First, thank you for setting up a fantastic free service for fractional sanctuary. It is super easy for BBP users to participate in. Setting up a server up is a bit harder, costly, and I know a few people I helped setup quit after a mandatory upgrade.

Did the deposit limit change to 4.25M? What was your reasoning for the deposit limit? It must be more work for you the more BBP you have to manage because a new sanctuary has to be spun up every time? If we could deposit more BBP, what are your thoughts on a daily charge to cover your hosting costs at least? I know you've mentioned that if a sanctuary holder sponsors a child, it is more personal and it becomes a 1-on-1 type of relationship, where a frac sanc sort of makes it a group effort. That in itself is not bad, but I suppose, it makes the investor less vested in the child than a 1-on-1 type of situation?

2600 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
First, thank you for setting up a fantastic free service for fractional sanctuary. It is super easy for BBP users to participate in. Setting up a server up is a bit harder, costly, and I know a few people I helped setup quit after a mandatory upgrade.

Did the deposit limit change to 4.25M? What was your reasoning for the deposit limit? It must be more work for you the more BBP you have to manage because a new sanctuary has to be spun up every time? If we could deposit more BBP, what are your thoughts on a daily charge to cover your hosting costs at least? I know you've mentioned that if a sanctuary holder sponsors a child, it is more personal and it becomes a 1-on-1 type of relationship, where a frac sanc sort of makes it a group effort. That in itself is not bad, but I suppose, it makes the investor less vested in the child than a 1-on-1 type of situation?

Could you please check the post and edit it to make sure its visible - I dont want to give the impression to the users we are hiding anything.

As far as Deposit Limits, these changes were set to be released to prod in 12 days (for POOS), but, today, we had some type of script kiddie attacking the pool so I had to make a release and therefore some of the new rules got released for September to prod (which is OK, none were created yet that charge for orphans attached to fractional sancs).

The idea is that I believe I will want to limit fractional sanctuaries to 4.25MM once we cut over to POOS, because I want them to sponsor their own orphans (with their own sanc, if they have that much capital), and not rely on the pool to do it.  This is primarily because I want the maximum chance of an investor paying USD or fiat for the orphan (and not using the pool to liquidate BBP to sponsor orphans as that drives our price down).

As far as hosting costs, I incur a lot of fees and at this time Im not seeking rewards.  The pool does support charging fees (from miners) so this in no way stops another pool from starting and charging fees (they can set 1%, 2%, etc whatever they want).  Id rather see bbp grow first so Im trying not to hamper the sponsorship of orphans.

Yes, fractional sancs definitely make our children feel alien, as compared to a single sanctuary.  A single sanc has more of a propensity to write to an orphan.  However, we also need an onboarding method for some of the 240 sancs that are about to be unplugged on September 5th that might feel like $40 a month is too much but want to help our cause.

4200 BBP
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 01:48:38 PM by Rob Andrews »

• sunk818

more
Sorry, the small text is not intentional. I seem to have problems with font sizes even after I click on remove formatting.

The text that is small says the following:

2600 BBP

• Sammyolami

• August 16, 2020, 11:59:57 AM
    more
A CALL FOR HELP!

Approximately 2-3 months ago,Moises cabrera got really sick and was told he had a bacteria in his stomach. As the days went by, we noticed he didnít get any better and due to the severity of the issue he was hospitalized last month. For an unknown reason the bacteria started causing heart failure. Moises cabrera had an open heart surgery in the past so this is a major problem. The doctors are not 100% sure what caused it but his heart is not doing good or getting better. The medicine he is on at the hospital is what is keeping his heart going. After speaking to the doctors today, 8/4/20 the next steps would be to get him an LVAD surgery that can cost up to $200,000 while he is on the list for a heart transplant. Without this, he doesnít have much time left. He will need to stay on the medication that is making his heart work and this will cost $2,000 per month. Moises cabrera was the sole provider for his wife and two young daughters (ages 17 and 8 ). We are doing what we can to help provide but we cannot afford the surgery or the medication for him to have it at home. I know times are extremely hard right now but if there is any way you could give a small donation or share this, it would mean the world to us. We are hoping this can help us afford his medications, any treatments and help the family with essential expenses. Thank you in advance for helping and donating. Please keep moises cabrera and family in your prayers, we truly need it more than ever. We know God works in amazing ways so we are trying to stay as optimistic and positive for him as we can. Once again, thank you and may God bless you .

BBP:BAVxQTzeFXJaYnpNehSr7dfoJuLQQ2YcVw

BTC:1EsxWygFxNJnLShFB2WpsGBLNcayquRk12

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Sorry, the small text is not intentional. I seem to have problems with font sizes even after I click on remove formatting.

The text that is small says the following:

2600 BBP

Thank you for the compliments, Sun.

4200 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
A CALL FOR HELP!

Approximately 2-3 months ago,Moises cabrera got really sick and was told he had a bacteria in his stomach. As the days went by, we noticed he didnít get any better and due to the severity of the issue he was hospitalized last month. For an unknown reason the bacteria started causing heart failure. Moises cabrera had an open heart surgery in the past so this is a major problem. The doctors are not 100% sure what caused it but his heart is not doing good or getting better. The medicine he is on at the hospital is what is keeping his heart going. After speaking to the doctors today, 8/4/20 the next steps would be to get him an LVAD surgery that can cost up to $200,000 while he is on the list for a heart transplant. Without this, he doesnít have much time left. He will need to stay on the medication that is making his heart work and this will cost $2,000 per month. Moises cabrera was the sole provider for his wife and two young daughters (ages 17 and 8 ). We are doing what we can to help provide but we cannot afford the surgery or the medication for him to have it at home. I know times are extremely hard right now but if there is any way you could give a small donation or share this, it would mean the world to us. We are hoping this can help us afford his medications, any treatments and help the family with essential expenses. Thank you in advance for helping and donating. Please keep moises cabrera and family in your prayers, we truly need it more than ever. We know God works in amazing ways so we are trying to stay as optimistic and positive for him as we can. Once again, thank you and may God bless you .

Sammy, if you go to foundation.biblepay.org, you can populate the Forum Rewards address in Account Settings and get rewarded for posts here also.

4200 BBP

• sunk818

more

What country is Moises in? If Moises is in the United States, I can forward some resources to you. Can you explain who you are? Unfortunately, unless transplant patients are financially secure or have a sponsor, they are not likely to receive a new organ even if they are a good physical match. Many pharmaceuticals offer financial assistance if the patient does not health insurance or poor. What drug is Moises on?   

A CALL FOR HELP!

2700 BBP

• Sammyolami

more
Sunk818 ,he is in mexico ,I am samola Walter Revoal one of Moises best friends and family member since I am married to his sister so he is my inlaw,please continue to support us with you prayers and don't forget to support us financially too as we will be needing all the support we can get  ,we thank you all in advance
BAVxQTzeFXJaYnpNehSr7dfoJuLQQ2YcVw

1000 BBP

• Sammyolami

more
My apologies for such a late reply. We have been trying to continue
contacting various hospitals to hopefully get moises the surgery he needs.

He is soon to be moved to Denver, Colorado.

Thank you very much.

1000 BBP

• sunk818

more

I will pray that he gets the help he needs with a new heart.

Thank you very much.

2700 BBP

• Sammyolami

more
May the God that listens to the prayer of  all people answer your prayers!

1000 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more

Thank you very much.

1000 BBP

Thank you for letting us know about Moises' situation. We are praying that God would heal him and provide for his family. I am sending some support as well. God bless!

1000 BBP