• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
** Increased Dynamic Whale Stake Rewards after block 199,000 ! **

Type in 'exec dws' into the console and retrieve the latest whale stake quote:
43.3% return on your stake!

Post here if anyone needs help burning BiblePay for an annual whale stake reward.

EXAMPLE BURN:

exec dws 212000 180 I_AGREE

The above command burns 212K for 180 days for a 32% reward.

(Shorter durations have a lower reward than longer).

I think this caught someones interest, because I see 5 mil in burns over the last 24 hours and 4 mil missing in SX sell book.

I'm happy about that because we really need a free floating environment again (on SX).  Those 40 mil coins (for sale) have been sitting there since we retired the first version of PODC.

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
Hmm, can you please provide your BBP address and I will need to add some type of trace and confirm if you are mining against foundation.biblepay.org also?

PS:  We do disconnect if the BBP address is not 34 chars long (its in the password field), but I doubt thats it since you had it working for hours.
Hi Rob - thanks for the quick reply. Here is my address: BG4qhDsU8oDWp9ZN42Q395KJvUFvupZGM8
I have been using this address for quite some time now and have been mining actively since yesterday afternoon. BTW - I want to ensure that you understand that I have just today downloaded XMRig plain and have not had success using it yet.
Lastly, the instructions on the Getting Started page say to place your User Name as the BBP address and then the command is in the password position. Was this on purpose? Thanks again.

• Radar_Dude7

more
Sorry - I messed up. I meant to say that I have been mining regularly UNTIL yesterday afternoon.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hi Rob - thanks for the quick reply. Here is my address: BG4qhDsU8oDWp9ZN42Q395KJvUFvupZGM8
I have been using this address for quite some time now and have been mining actively since yesterday afternoon. BTW - I want to ensure that you understand that I have just today downloaded XMRig plain and have not had success using it yet.
Lastly, the instructions on the Getting Started page say to place your User Name as the BBP address and then the command is in the password position. Was this on purpose? Thanks again.

Oh OK, then you probably dont need a trace, because I havent heard any other problems and my test miner is still running.

So really the primary issue is the config changed.  You just have to change the params as noted (BBP in the password position).

Then it should not disconnect.

This is so now merge miners can create a multipool configuration (if they want our satellite pool(s), our pool, and other XMR pools in the same failback json conf file, they can do that now, etc).  I think it will also attract some of the players who didnt want to deal with a different EXE and config (than XMR), now they can simply add us to their configs.

• Radar_Dude7

more
Rob,
I played with the config.json file creator online until I got a config that worked. I am now mining and I see that my hashrate dropped. Understood, that is what I was getting when I was mining straight XMR. I should see some BBP come into my wallet in a few hours then?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob,
I played with the config.json file creator online until I got a config that worked. I am now mining and I see that my hashrate dropped. Understood, that is what I was getting when I was mining straight XMR. I should see some BBP come into my wallet in a few hours then?

Its interesting because I see we do have these keys (--username and --password) listed in two places on the GettingStarted page.
(This is probably what Dave was talking about yesterday - sorry for the confusion; anyway this is now updated in both places in foundation.biblepay.org) and Ill mention this to Song (who owns bbp.miningpool.fun).

As long as you see some solved shares in the leaderboard, on both BBP and XMR, then yes your payment will register in the Block History page (as soon as the pool solves that block).  Then payments follow once every 4 hours.

But just to clarify everyone, you can still use the command line.  This exercise was to ensure both the command line or the conf file will work.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
** Merge Mining difficulty update **

We had a quirk on the pool side where our solutions were not always being submitted to biblepay properly across threads.
(This fortunately was completely random, so no one benefitted from this). 
This is what has been keeping our difficulty exceptionally low.

The problem has been fixed.

We will upgrade the pools now.

• Kroket

• April 10, 2020, 02:55:07 AM
    more
** Merge Mining difficulty update **

We had a quirk on the pool side where our solutions were not always being submitted to biblepay properly across threads.
(This fortunately was completely random, so no one benefitted from this). 
This is what has been keeping our difficulty exceptionally low.

The problem has been fixed.

We will upgrade the pools now.

Hey!

when do you think the mining issue is fixed? I am still not be able to get shares, and i also see the username / password has been switched so i changed that in my config also. However, the mining part still not work.

• earlzmoade

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
Have finally upgraded all my miners to latest xmrig...  Looks like it works really good.   Thanks for your time and effort Rob!

Hence we use official xmrig miner now, is it possible to have a backup pool ?  Like this for example in the config.json:

Code: [Select]
"pools": [
        {
            "url": "foundation.biblepay.org:3001",
            "user": "your_monero_adress",
            "pass": "your_biblepay_adress",
            "keepalive": true,
            "nicehash": false
        },
        {
            "url": "bbp.miningpool.fun:3001",
Make your walls to doors

• earlzmoade

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
Hey!

when do you think the mining issue is fixed? I am still not be able to get shares, and i also see the username / password has been switched so i changed that in my config also. However, the mining part still not work.

You can come to discord and we can try to help you with the configuration.
Make your walls to doors

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Have finally upgraded all my miners to latest xmrig...  Looks like it works really good.   Thanks for your time and effort Rob!

Hence we use official xmrig miner now, is it possible to have a backup pool ?  Like this for example in the config.json:

Code: [Select]
"pools": [
        {
            "url": "foundation.biblepay.org:3001",
        },
        {
            "url": "bbp.miningpool.fun:3001",

Thats great Earlz! 

Yes, you should now be able to use all the features of Xmrig that were broken before - including the xmrig proxy and the json conf files and backup pools list.

I see our diff has increased to 2.1, so that is good news also.

• Costa82

• April 23, 2020, 09:10:05 PM
    more
Good morning everyone. Oops there seems to be another version of the wallet availiable, is the upgrade manadatory ?. I wonder if this is the reason why BBP payments  dont reach me since we moved to the new miner.
My address appears on the leaderboard BRjjPsFm818gPkWibTBrDaXnYzre1yFs89 and the monero mining seems to work just perfectly.

any insight about the lack of BBP payments? Thank you

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Good morning everyone. Oops there seems to be another version of the wallet availiable, is the upgrade manadatory ?. I wonder if this is the reason why BBP payments  dont reach me since we moved to the new miner.
My address appears on the leaderboard BRjjPsFm818gPkWibTBrDaXnYzre1yFs89 and the monero mining seems to work just perfectly.

any insight about the lack of BBP payments? Thank you
Good morning Costa!

So looking in block history and typing a few chars of the Brjj address, I see the last txid sent out was:
7c0915131420f3f1abaf6732ab1095c2962b9e4764a2abb969eaf0076902a565
(which looks fine)
You can see if its in your chain by typing 'getrawtransaction txid 1' in the console, and I see its on the main chain.

The biggie I have for you is if you go into tools | info are you running 1.5.1.4 yet? 

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/releases

If not please upgrade - and please ensure your hash matches this one on chainz:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/

Good luck-

PS The mandatory cutover height was 199,000.

• Costa82

• April 23, 2020, 09:10:05 PM
    more
Good morning Rob. seems i am too lazy to do all the upgrades. :D
I m alreay running the necessary updates. Thanks for rewieing my stats

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Good morning Rob. seems i am too lazy to do all the upgrades. :D
I m alreay running the necessary updates. Thanks for rewieing my stats
No problem -- and just FYI for anyone who hasn't followed our history:

We generally try to have a mandatory upgrade at the beginning of each quarter (IE Jan, March, June, September and December), as long as we have new features waiting for the core wallet.  (This keeps the exchanges relatively happy).

The features that usually come up are upstream changes from bitcoin or dash, and usually some project that we are working on that we believe will propel us to the top 100 coins list.

Now for example, I'm working with MIP on faster offchain transactions (something similar to Bitcoin Lightning), and we are working on a sidechain that will allow us to store documents for the public (IE public users host non-censored documents on the web through biblepay).