Bible Pay

Read 298196 times

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
BiblePay (Oct 2020 to March 2021) Updates
https://medium.com/biblepay-news/biblepay-oct-2020-to-march-2021-updates-787bd419b6c3

Any and all feedback welcome!, had trouble deciding on a picture for UTXO mining (staking)

===

Thank you all for the welcome backs!
Sorry I disappeared and shutdown my explorer server :(

Thank you MIP for taking over Twitter!
I recently cleaned and updated the Reddit and added MIP as a moderator

Ill be testing UTXO mining soon, and then spreading the update article

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
I'm receiving some feedback via e-mail and will try to accomplish this today:

First, if you are having trouble with a new utxostake, be sure you save your nickname first (this is just so you can see yourself in the leaderboard), and also be sure you either have a few tx's in the wallet less than 100 bbp, or that you ran the 'exec bankroll' command at least once (this provides enough change for a utxo stake): (See this addendum):
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=517.msg10300#msg10300

- I will add this addendum to the utxo wiki page today.  EDIT:  I added the 3 common problems to the FAQ:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/UTXO_Mining

- New users have no idea where to go on the forum (I guess our forum is a little out of order).  I will attempt to move this thread up to the top and make a blurb about this thread on our front page (maybe I will be able to make this one bold also) etc. 
EDIT:  I moved this thread up to the top.  I will make a new user FAQ.

- If anyone else has any helpful hints that are crucial let me know.  I think I need to make a New User FAQ wiki page.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 08:25:33 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Please forgive me for the "n00b" questions here - trying to make the most of my BBP.
1. You mentioned RPC - what is that? Is that the same as the console in the tools window?
2. You discussed using a fresh wallet for testing. That makes sense. I currently have one main BBP wallet. Would you recommend that I create a second one specifically for staking? If so, can I do that on the same computer?
Hi Radar,

On #1, yes RPC = the "Tools | Info  | Console" command line.  For example where you type 'getmininginfo'.
On #2, I do not recommend using a new wallet, no.  Going to a new wallet erases your rsa key, nickname, hoses up the podc purse key in the config file, etc.  I only meant that I was testing our utxo system for a new user with a clean wallet to ensure they did not run into problems spending the last coin.  For all of us with established wallets, I highly recommend Not moving to a new wallet (unless you plan to deliberately make a new wallet, put a stake in it , put it on a usb flash drive and put it in a safe and let it sit there as a long term investment).  Because if you have e-mails or any CPKs or any social interaction with your current wallet.dat, you will just want one wallet so that all of that remains working. 

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
Hi Radar,

On #1, yes RPC = the "Tools | Info  | Console" command line.  For example where you type 'getmininginfo'.
On #2, I do not recommend using a new wallet, no.  Going to a new wallet erases your rsa key, nickname, hoses up the podc purse key in the config file, etc.  I only meant that I was testing our utxo system for a new user with a clean wallet to ensure they did not run into problems spending the last coin.  For all of us with established wallets, I highly recommend Not moving to a new wallet (unless you plan to deliberately make a new wallet, put a stake in it , put it on a usb flash drive and put it in a safe and let it sit there as a long term investment).  Because if you have e-mails or any CPKs or any social interaction with your current wallet.dat, you will just want one wallet so that all of that remains working.
Rob,

Thanks for the input! I utilized the easystake function in the wallet to stake just under half of my holdings. I guess I will see how that goes before staking the other half+.

You stated to look at coin control to review all of your staked coins, with little locks next to them. I do not see where to do that within the wallet. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks again!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob,

Thanks for the input! I utilized the easystake function in the wallet to stake just under half of my holdings. I guess I will see how that goes before staking the other half+.

You stated to look at coin control to review all of your staked coins, with little locks next to them. I do not see where to do that within the wallet. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks again!

Sure!

So if you go to "Send | Inputs" (if there is no inputs button please enable Coin Control from Settings first).  Then click Inputs.
From there make sure you have "List mode" selected.

You should see a Lock with a cylinder on it next to every locked utxo.  On a side note if its a normal locked coin (like a sanc) it just has a normal lock.

This just shows the utilization level of the utxos in there.

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
I created a guide for UTXO Mining:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/UTXO_Mining_Setup

Any and all feedback welcome!, All praise to Rob for his documentation,
please feel free anyone to use or edit

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
I created a guide for UTXO Mining:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/UTXO_Mining_Setup

Any and all feedback welcome!, All praise to Rob for his documentation,
please feel free anyone to use or edit

Easy to read, nice spacing and such.
I suppose you could add in how to enable coin control feature.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
Thanks earlz! added!

===

Website TODO?:
- front page
--- replace dynamic whale staking with UTXO mining

- mining page
--- add UTXO mining

- masternode page
--- add info about orphan sponsorship requirement

- get coins menu
--- remove dynamic whale staking
--- exchanges submenu, replace graviex with bobolex
--- faucets submenu, remove graviex and cancer, add Randomx reward?

- cryptoguru page
--- update block reward breakdown from front page

- charities page
--- update accountability link

- faq page
--- remove letter writing?

- resources menu

You guys see anything else?

====

Bitcointalk threads

ANN is open!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.new#new

Mining
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226080.0

Pools
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2657167.0

===

Next I want to write article for Dash Easter Egg Rewards and spread it to Dash community
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 11:33:54 AM by sunk818 »

• Radar_Dude7

more
Hi everyone! Happy Saturday.
I am trying to figure out this whole UTXO thing. I was listed on the leaderboard yesterday and have received two "superblock payments". However, I found that I was not listed on the leaderboard this morning. Is there a hierarchy that I am not aware of? Did I fall off? I am not looking for glory - just wondering how the system works and if my stakes that are still active in my wallet somehow are no longer listed. Thanks for the help!
Radar

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hi everyone! Happy Saturday.
I am trying to figure out this whole UTXO thing. I was listed on the leaderboard yesterday and have received two "superblock payments". However, I found that I was not listed on the leaderboard this morning. Is there a hierarchy that I am not aware of? Did I fall off? I am not looking for glory - just wondering how the system works and if my stakes that are still active in my wallet somehow are no longer listed. Thanks for the help!
Radar
Hi Radar,
There is no daily requirement to stay in the leaderboard day after day, except that the coins dont get spent.
To find out if you are still in good standing, type 'listutxostakes 0 1' into the rpc, and see if they all have a status code above 0.

I see you with 135 points currently in the leaderboard-- not sure if this is wrong?

A -1 status code means spent.

• Radar_Dude7

more
Hi Radar,
There is no daily requirement to stay in the leaderboard day after day, except that the coins dont get spent.
To find out if you are still in good standing, type 'listutxostakes 0 1' into the rpc, and see if they all have a status code above 0.

I see you with 135 points currently in the leaderboard-- not sure if this is wrong?

A -1 status code means spent.
:-[  I swear it wasn't there when I pulled up the wallet this morning....
Anyway, glad to see that I am still listed. The results of the listutxostakes confirmed that mine were still active. Thank you!

• talisman

• March 26, 2018, 07:42:24 AM
    more
:-[  I swear it wasn't there when I pulled up the wallet this morning....
Anyway, glad to see that I am still listed. The results of the listutxostakes confirmed that mine were still active. Thank you!

The UTXO details of the leaderboard are the last ones to sync when you fire up the wallet. It is normal for the first 5-10 minutes not to see any UTXO points in the leaderboard (details tab).

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
Hello Rob.
I was thinking perhaps we could do a fundraiser for some more water wells, im thinking it was a great way for us to maximise the amount of people in need that we can help.

Or perhaps if you have some other intresting project on your mind.
Have a good one!
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hello Rob.
I was thinking perhaps we could do a fundraiser for some more water wells, im thinking it was a great way for us to maximise the amount of people in need that we can help.

Or perhaps if you have some other intresting project on your mind.
Have a good one!

Hi Earlz!

Yeah, I would not mind that. 
You know we were able to do a *lot* for a village of children for the cost of one well.

And Sonny from Paani seems to be a pretty cool guy and they appear to be reputable.
I would definitely be interested in donating part of it.

Do you think we should start a fundraiser thread for a well?  Actually if you want would you like to start the thread here?  This will give us more horizontal community participation I think if you did it.

Thanks and good idea bro.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I just want to let everyone know what's going on in the background.  This project is ramping up in interest.  I'm getting e-mails from a lot of wayyy overpriced services (for example rock stars who want to run PR for biblepay, but charge thousands per month, a billionaire in Dubai that wants to charge us hundreds of thousands for an IEO, magazines who will link us if we link them, etc), good news.

Anyway my primary focus over the next 90 days is this:

- We are rebasing BiblePay to be compatible with Dash 0.16.  This is a Major milestone.  (Hundreds of thousands of lines of code must be ported).  The positive side of this is we inherit the very latest bitcoin code (HD wallets) and the very latest DASH code (llmq instantsend and daaps).  I'm pushing to have this in testnet by mid April.  We will need a Lot of help with this one as we have to thoroughly test instantsend-llmq with many sanctuaries.
- Testing Ethereum with Biblepay, so we can stake more extensively.
- Setting up a weekly prayer call.  I have set up a conference call number for this, and Im working on the schedule.  So far we have two prayer captains set up (Evangelist Pat and myself).
- Debugging the final leg of biblepay unchained.  This is going to be a separate testnet thread (distinct from BiblePay Core) that is focused on a google chrome plugin that allows you to spend biblepay on the web for things like pay-per-view videos, etc.
- Improving the documentation.  I'm working on a more consolidated guide to explain what biblepay is to new users.
- I see above from Togo that the web site needs modified to reflect our latest UTXO mining.
- We need to reach out to large XMR pools that would be interested in XMR+BBP merge mining.  I would not mind if some volunteers would help us with this? 
- Investigating adding NFTs (Non-fungible-tokens) to biblepay for orphan sponsorship
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 07:06:29 PM by Rob Andrews »