Bible Pay

Read 160 times

• JeyJey

• February 20, 2020, 03:23:34 AM
    more
POBH or PODC: Which is more profitable and when?
« on: April 05, 2020, 05:45:46 AM »
Hello everyone,

Although I don't have exact numbers at hand, I have noticed that mining (POBH) with a specific machine I have available provides more coins than using PODC on the same machine. On the other hand, I read that most of the coins produced go towards PODC, so I would expect the opposite to be true.

I was wondering whether up to some point indeed POBH is more profitable than PODC and if there is a "sweet spot" (combination of available coins and RAC) where PODC becomes more profitable. Does anyone who knows more details regarding BiblePay have any comment to make on this? I think this could also be an interesting guide for beginners in BiblePay, that would help them decide how to start with the coin.

Thank you in advance!

• sunk818

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
Re: POBH or PODC: Which is more profitable and when?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 09:01:27 AM »

POBH and PODC are always moving targets.

POBH I can track and converted BBP mined per day to BBP coins and USD fiat equivalent. I can do the same for Sanctuaries (masternodes).

PoDC is a bit harder, but you tell how much you earn in a day after you've done it for a few weeks.

As you may comprehend, the computing power changes the dynamic every day. What complicates it more is that PoDC will keep paying (RAC decay) so even if you are not completing tasks you get paid for a few weeks. And other question is would you rather heat mine or contribute your computing power to science like Cancer Research or perhaps OpenPandemics (when it is released by WCG).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 03:46:19 PM »
POBH and PODC are always moving targets.

POBH I can track and converted BBP mined per day to BBP coins and USD fiat equivalent. I can do the same for Sanctuaries (masternodes).

PoDC is a bit harder, but you tell how much you earn in a day after you've done it for a few weeks.

As you may comprehend, the computing power changes the dynamic every day. What complicates it more is that PoDC will keep paying (RAC decay) so even if you are not completing tasks you get paid for a few weeks. And other question is would you rather heat mine or contribute your computing power to science like Cancer Research or perhaps OpenPandemics (when it is released by WCG).

I personally think we can come up with a "relatively" accurate figure (of earnings per month for an average processor for each type) for the users that changes once per week, but, I am currently derailed on the fractional sanc project.

I promised to make some kind of report for this, but I just cant get to it for a few more days.

I'll update as soon as possible, for now I put this on my todo list.

• sunk818

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 12:42:40 PM »
With POBH & XMR - only the pool side would really know how much you can earn. Anyone can join and leave a pool (other than PPLNS) encouraging long-term mining, so what you can earn based on hash rate will fluctuate. Then you need to calculate how much energy your particular rig is using and factor in the electricity cost. Add the fluctuating value of fiat to altcoin, so it really makes it difficult to calculate. I guess it is up to each miner to figure how much they pay for electricity.

On the PoDC side, I can see it is roughly 1 BBP for 3 points (or BOINC RAC). As more PoDC miners join, the ratio increases. Its definitely a good thing more people are participating.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 10:29:51 AM »
With POBH & XMR - only the pool side would really know how much you can earn. Anyone can join and leave a pool (other than PPLNS) encouraging long-term mining, so what you can earn based on hash rate will fluctuate. Then you need to calculate how much energy your particular rig is using and factor in the electricity cost. Add the fluctuating value of fiat to altcoin, so it really makes it difficult to calculate. I guess it is up to each miner to figure how much they pay for electricity.

On the PoDC side, I can see it is roughly 1 BBP for 3 points (or BOINC RAC). As more PoDC miners join, the ratio increases. Its definitely a good thing more people are participating.

This is all true, but from an API perspective what I was alluding to with my comment of empowering them with an rpc command, is possibly providing the wallet with some type of factor that it is missing (similar to how we provide the price of dash/bbp to the core wallet when it asks the api for the price).  So we can probably get the pool 'factor' from foundation.biblepay.org through an api call.  Then we could probably make an rpc command that shows the two profitability levels in the output.

Lately Ive been working on the emergency (to enforce all hashes to be charitable) ive had to derail over to that project.  Its almost finished now. 

Id like to make a new bbp public spreadsheet with tasks and priorities again; Ill make an attempt to get that done.