Bible Pay

Read 3077 times

• sunk818

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
Re: Economical model thoughts and current state
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 10:28:11 AM »
Imho, solid POG, a place to watch rapture videos, upvoting childrens letters, these things alone are very exciting for a Christian wallet.

I think more refinement for PoG is necessary. I haven't met any grandma yet that can use PoG. There are still too many things that require command line or editing biblepay.conf ... I think the concept of PoG can attract many people but the GUI is not friendly enough to attract grandma. Consolidating bankroll still needs some work IMO. But since DASH evolution is the high priority, I guess PoG will be on standby? Or you do want to market PoG as-is?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 01:22:27 PM »

I think more refinement for PoG is necessary. I haven't met any grandma yet that can use PoG. There are still too many things that require command line or editing biblepay.conf ... I think the concept of PoG can attract many people but the GUI is not friendly enough to attract grandma. Consolidating bankroll still needs some work IMO. But since DASH evolution is the high priority, I guess PoG will be on standby? Or you do want to market PoG as-is?

Yes, I didnt mean to imply POG was complete and the rapture videos would be higher than day to day maintenance or ease of use for POG either (I wanted both projects to thrive at the same time).

But, in light of biblepay-evolution moving to the forefront, most likely we will end up making a generic contract interface between BiblePay core and the sancs, this is so that in the future we can vote on nuances about the generic contract in general rather than having constant mandatory upgrades to adjust bad parameters.  For instance we can vote on the mix between Pog and POS in the future etc, as long as the contract still totals 100% of the superblock, these kinds of things wont require a mandatory, just a mandatory sanctuary upgrade.

But to answer your question, I think the next version of biblepay will be plug-n-play for mining, and we may not even have the POG leaderboard in the wallet (we might ask if TheSnat can write a web-ui for whatever contract we have that goes live) - as I really want to re-create the generic contract and re-release evolution first, then we regroup and really focus on making it better.  On one hand although this sounds a little harder for Grandma, I think we will also have a pro involved  in the release where the defaults work better (than adding keys to the config file) in the next version.

• sunk818

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 08:40:32 PM »
I would have thought a spork value for pog and POS would not require any upgrades. But I'm probably missing something.

With all these changes, I do think the concept of 10% tithing coming from your profits is a good idea. What you mine via pog or pobh or something else could really be called tithing if you're offering to God what is his anyway , a small offering of the blessings you received . I never felt good about this pog donation scheme being called tithing.

Anyway, more bbp to donation address would help ease the proposals being requested as well. If there's not a need, we don't have to extract 100% from the budget every time.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 08:11:08 AM »
I would have thought a spork value for pog and POS would not require any upgrades. But I'm probably missing something.

With all these changes, I do think the concept of 10% tithing coming from your profits is a good idea. What you mine via pog or pobh or something else could really be called tithing if you're offering to God what is his anyway , a small offering of the blessings you received . I never felt good about this pog donation scheme being called tithing.

Anyway, more bbp to donation address would help ease the proposals being requested as well. If there's not a need, we don't have to extract 100% from the budget every time.

The whole topic of mandatories and deterministic chain logic and business logic is a discussion for a whole thread, as its complicated and requires at least a year of study in blockchain programming.  But from a very high perspective, having POG in the core and not in the sanctuary requires a mandatory upgrade for almost any change, so its not modular this way.

Im not too concerned about using the term Tithe, as I still feel that was relatively solid, like Sancs are.  The thing I dont like about pog is the spaminess in the transactions.  Ill be happy to lose that in the next iteration. 

Yes, I do agree more bbp to the foundation with no tithe limit is probably good also, as we got hung up on "difficulty level" in v1, so we can talk about this particular model when we get to the smart contract phase (which wont be long as Im aiming for something by the end of this month).

The reason I want to prioritize Evolution is also so that we have a backup switch ready to go if we Ever experience another fork.  The forks were catastrophic to me, and I want a breaking change/permanent improvement in response to that.

• way2

• November 06, 2018, 05:15:25 PM
    more
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 05:20:36 AM »
What is the primary purpose of BBP from the developer's standpoint?

• EmmittD

• October 02, 2019, 05:52:00 AM
    more
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 07:35:49 AM »
Has there been any development in blockchain for you to be able to get the clearer picture at this point, Rob?

• sunk818

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2019, 01:06:27 PM »
What will it cost to create another BiblePay like this one that will produce the same economic benefits for orphans?

What are the other crypto projects worth that are similar to BiblePay?

If I invest time, money and effort into BiblePay, what economic benefits and when will it provide me?

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2019, 05:45:38 PM »
What is the primary purpose of BBP from the developer's standpoint?

"I created it primarily to be a better alternative to a greed based inefficient system.  Proof of Work (POW) miners waste heat because they are all solving a single blockhash and clustering blackboxes in a greedy rat race. 

We require full nodes, providing POSE (proof of service) and help orphans at the same time, and we are more efficient because you cant run the algo on an ASIC. 

Once people say "its better over here", then they may also financially benefit over the long term.  The deflationary aspect should bear out to be true over the long term, for each dollar invested for the orphans. 

The highest benefit we provide is the pass through to compassion.  If we end up in the top 100, then we will be helping thousands of orphans per month.  That is the True end goal.

The central banks print money to fund wars and to get themselves out of hot water, as they have bills due, budgets to pay, and since they have the authority to print as much as they want, they never have to ask the general public if its OK.  We on the other hand, are confined to a budget and to a deflating reward.  We actually cant print money from thin air.  That means we are part of the solution and not the problem.

Geeks spreading the gospel through the blockchain."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.msg24523973#msg24523973

=

"BiblePay is a secure deflationary blockchain developed to benefit those in distress.
10% of the emission of the blockchain goes directly to sponsoring Orphans,
with provable contributions, contributed to organizations that are more than 75% efficient."

https://web.archive.org/web/20171123013343/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042657.0

=

"Launched July 23rd 2017 by Rob Andrews, with no premine and no ICO, BiblePay describes itself as a decentralized autonomous cryptocurrency that gives 10% to orphan-charity (using Masternode (Sanctuary) governance). The project is passionate about spreading the gospel of Jesus, having the entire KJV bible compiled in its hashing algorithm (POBH). BiblePay (BBP) is deflationary, decreasing its emissions by 19.5% per year.

The project views itself as a utility that provides an alternative method for giving to charity. With Generic Smart Contracts, the project seeks to become the go-to wallet for Christians. In the future, the team intends to lease file space on its Masternodes and release corporate integration features, such as C# access to the blockchain. The BiblePay platform is a derivative of Dash-Evolution. Located in Dallas, TX, the team seeks to help orphans globally. The roadmap can be viewed at: wiki.biblepay.org/Roadmap"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

=

From reading these, the goals are:
- helping orphans
- spreading Christianity
- deflationary asset (better alternative to government fiat)
- energy efficient mining
- utility for Christians
- top 100 cryptocurrency