Bible Pay

Read 693 times

• thesnat21
  • Administrator

• March 28, 2018, 06:37:05 pm
    more
Re: Add Proof-of-Giving
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2018, 05:25:42 pm »
I didn't see anyone else ask this, so I apologize if this is redundant, but what about doing a fork and running with the current system and POG?

hard fork, or branching fork?

I don't see people wanting to run 2 chains,  and any other change would require a hard fork

• way2

• November 06, 2018, 05:15:25 pm
    more
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2018, 04:11:46 pm »
My thought was running two coins.  Since the new concept is so different from what is currently working, launching it from scratch made the most sense to me.  That would give two options -- one for the more advanced users and the other that is so easy to use, anyone, can set it up.  I don't see any way to have such a significant fundamental shift without massive devaluation. 

Most of us probably mine multiple coins already, so if doing the other system on my cell was easy, I would do it.  If you focus the marketing nearly exclusively on mobile devices, it shouldn’t be a direct competitor for the current BBP system. 

• thesnat21
  • Administrator

• March 28, 2018, 06:37:05 pm
    more
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2018, 07:26:33 pm »
My thought was running two coins.  Since the new concept is so different from what is currently working, launching it from scratch made the most sense to me.  That would give two options -- one for the more advanced users and the other that is so easy to use, anyone, can set it up.  I don't see any way to have such a significant fundamental shift without massive devaluation. 

Most of us probably mine multiple coins already, so if doing the other system on my cell was easy, I would do it.  If you focus the marketing nearly exclusively on mobile devices, it shouldn’t be a direct competitor for the current BBP system.

Without more people to pick it up,  a fork like that would split already limited resources..  Plus would be difficult to get on to any exchanges at this point.

Not a bad idea overall,  but I don't see it workable in the short-term.

• way2

more
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 09:08:59 pm »
I guess I am trying to walk a fine line.  The idea does have merit, and I certainly don't want to be disparaging.  However if the new idea is unable to stand on its own, it may be best to wait until the audience is better developed, there is a strong foundation of success to build from and there are corporate partnerships in place.  The current BBP does have bugs to work out, so improving the current product offering by making it more new user friendly seems like a better approach than a fundamental change. 

Here is an example concept for PR: Giving to charity is a good thing and the current donation recipients are certainly good candidates.  But there may be a way to add some strategic donations that can help with some of the lingering issues.  For example, if BBP set up a $500 -- 1,000 scholarship for essay writing with Regent, Southeastern, Liberty, etc. you would get targeted students looking at the program closely.  Some of those essays may be decent candidates to be published in school publications which could get the author an additional scholarship.  Something like this would expose you to people that could potentially help solidify the support needed to keep the system viable or better, help it really thrive.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2018, 10:35:21 am »
I guess I am trying to walk a fine line.  The idea does have merit, and I certainly don't want to be disparaging.  However if the new idea is unable to stand on its own, it may be best to wait until the audience is better developed, there is a strong foundation of success to build from and there are corporate partnerships in place.  The current BBP does have bugs to work out, so improving the current product offering by making it more new user friendly seems like a better approach than a fundamental change. 

Here is an example concept for PR: Giving to charity is a good thing and the current donation recipients are certainly good candidates.  But there may be a way to add some strategic donations that can help with some of the lingering issues.  For example, if BBP set up a $500 -- 1,000 scholarship for essay writing with Regent, Southeastern, Liberty, etc. you would get targeted students looking at the program closely.  Some of those essays may be decent candidates to be published in school publications which could get the author an additional scholarship.  Something like this would expose you to people that could potentially help solidify the support needed to keep the system viable or better, help it really thrive.

I think thesnat makes the best point; we have limited resources and in a fork scenario you need two strong groups with a heart for each branch.  If we forked two versions of biblepay you would have Me supporting the one that appears to be good for easy adoption and the other one wouldnt get any support or upgrades and would endanger it.  You would need two competing devs I think.  (Also, it costs $50,000 to be listed on an exchange and Fork #2 would not be tradeable LOL).

But anyway, I think we will still have a microcosm of what you want over the next 90 days.

Im writing POG2 in testnet in a way (primarily based on SunK's first idea to replace POBH with POG), but with the expectation that POBH will be extended to be POG - with the existing POBH rewards for the pool - with PODC still running.  So then if it works, we can just go live with it in prod and we will have POG for heat mining in prod with PODC.  (IE 480~ bbp reward for POG per block - as POBH is now).   

Then as a further step after we feel good about it we vote to promote it to replace PODC (as a sanc poll) then during that future cutover block it replaces PODC (if the poll passes). 

• way2

more
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2018, 04:36:17 pm »
Thanks Rob!

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2018, 12:21:53 am »
Thanks, Rob, I understand it better after reading your post and the comments posted. I really didn't get it before when you emailed. It does sound like a good idea and will make the crypto more simple and usable for people. I also like the reward system, but as inblue said it needs to be agreed upon by the community.
I do love Biblepay and how there seems to be a good innovation. I don't know of any other coin that works on the proposal system to give to charities.

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2018, 12:25:09 am »
Rob, you had previously mentioned the proof of orphan mining to me, not POG. my mistake.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2018, 08:44:53 am »
Rob, you had previously mentioned the proof of orphan mining to me, not POG. my mistake.

Thanks Andy,

Yes, the POOM (proof of orphan mining) doesn't seem to be going over very well due to the closed API issue and people are reluctant to let a 3rd party scan their info (which makes sense). 

We can test POG in testnet and see what kind of reception we get - then baby step 1 is to use it as extension to our existing heat mining.
If we can allow people to heat mine without cpids and with POG, that should give us an indication if we have easy adoption.