Bible Pay

Read 8860 times

• Shoko

• September 02, 2017, 03:53:17 am
    more
Re: TestNet Testing Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 08:25:44 am »
I totally missed the part where you said you switched to cloudflare, I just realised that after looking more closely at the latency and the whois of the IP. I totally feel stupid now :P.

So I'm still having issues with deploying my new miner (0 connections) and thought it was an IPv6 issue first but it seems to actually be more of a Cloudflare issue.

I'm not sure how Cloudflare works exactly but I remember the wallet initially tries to connect to node.biblepay.org on port 40000 and I was wondering if this was still forwarded to the actual server. I tried doing telnet node.biblepay.org 40000 with no success. I tried to do the same with the actual IP of the server and it worked this time.

Concerning IPv6, I don't think there should be any issue since Cloudflare does a 6to4 tunnel so it should be totally transparent for the biblepay server.

It also might be a good idea to get a new IP for the biblepay server as it would be easy to just look at the first pages of the bitcointalk forum to find the actual IP address of the server and DDOS it, totally bypassing Cloudflare.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 08:36:59 am by Shoko »

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 10:13:11 am »
Westwarnsworth, I finally reproduced the crash you experienced in 1027.
I made a change, and deployed overnight.  V1028 is out there now.  Please try it.

In my case, it crashed when every thread received "Miner IP banned".  After upgrading, I got past that issue.

Also, on pool2.biblepay.org, I raised the thread limit to 200 threads, and, raised the IP ban threshhold to 10,000 hits (IE basically removing it).
If any bigdogs want to hit it now, hit it.

I'm downloading it as we speak, will let it run all day while I'm at work and have a report for you tomorrow.

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 02:15:49 pm »
I totally missed the part where you said you switched to cloudflare, I just realised that after looking more closely at the latency and the whois of the IP. I totally feel stupid now :P.

So I'm still having issues with deploying my new miner (0 connections) and thought it was an IPv6 issue first but it seems to actually be more of a Cloudflare issue.

I'm not sure how Cloudflare works exactly but I remember the wallet initially tries to connect to node.biblepay.org on port 40000 and I was wondering if this was still forwarded to the actual server. I tried doing telnet node.biblepay.org 40000 with no success. I tried to do the same with the actual IP of the server and it worked this time.

Concerning IPv6, I don't think there should be any issue since Cloudflare does a 6to4 tunnel so it should be totally transparent for the biblepay server.

It also might be a good idea to get a new IP for the biblepay server as it would be easy to just look at the first pages of the bitcointalk forum to find the actual IP address of the server and DDOS it, totally bypassing Cloudflare.
Hmm, yeah, you have some good points here.  Before I go further with cloudflare, could you tell me if you got your miner working, and if not, did you try both pool.biblepay and pool2.biblepay with it?  I would assume both would be blocked.  Im confused on that because even though I have cloudflare enabled, to not reveal the servers IP, my web server can mine against the public pool2.biblepay.org DNS resolved address.

But, your right about that telnet test.  I normally tell people to try to telnet to 40000 on the node.biblepay.org, and it is definitely blocked.  However, I have 740 connections right now, so I can see the traffic is finding the node.

Ill go to the dashboard and see if I have any control over exposing telnet.

As far as hiding the public IP, I do have a new second ISP running a line in here next week, so Ill keep that second line private if possible.

• Shoko

more
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 05:24:51 pm »
I had to manually do "addnode" to be able to get my first connection and download the blockchain. I did wait a few hours before doing that but I'm not sure how IPs of node are advertised and if it would have been able to find a connection by itself after some time. (Could that also interfere with trying to hide the IP of the server behind Cloudflare?)

My new miner seems to be working on both pools. Did a tcpdump and it looks like the miner and the pool are using port 80 to talk to each other? If so, it would make sense that it is still working with Cloudflare since port 80 is forwarded to the actual server.

I did find this article:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169156-Which-ports-will-Cloudflare-work-with-

It looks like Cloudfare wouldn't be able to be used with port 40000 :/

I'm wondering if the connections you see are from nodes that had established connection with the biblepay server before you enabled Cloudflare?

As a side note, I know it's not really a priority right now but did you see my post where I wouldn't be able to log in and was getting an error 500 on pool2 depending on what password I was using?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:14:43 pm by Shoko »

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 07:16:31 pm »
I had to manually do "addnode" to be able to get my first connection and download the blockchain. I did wait a few hours before doing that but I'm not sure how IPs of node are advertised and if it would have been able to find a connection by itself after some time. (Could that also interfere with trying to hide the IP of the server behind Cloudflare?)

My new miner seems to be working on both pools. Did a tcpdump and it looks like the miner and the pool are using port 80 to talk to each other? If so, it would make sense that it is still working with Cloudflare since port 80 is forwarded to the actual server.

I did find this article:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169156-Which-ports-will-Cloudflare-work-with-

It looks like Cloudfare wouldn't be able to be used with port 40000 :/

I'm wondering if the connections you see are from nodes that had established connection with the biblepay server before you enabled Cloudflare?

As a side note, I know it's not really a priority right now but did you see my post where I wouldn't be able to log in and was getting an error 500 on pool2 depending on what password I was using?
Thanks for the article on cloudflare, didnt know it could only handle certain ports.  Thats cool, yes its certainly possible the 725 or so nodes were present and whitelisted before cloudflare was enabled.  Just to be safe, I disconnected cloudflare on port 40000 only, and now, I can telnet to node.biblepay.org. 

As far as your 500 error, yes, got it, Ill have to fix that sometime.  As a test, could you try entering a Ticket in the pool and assign it to bible_pay for programming?  This is just to see if the tickets work.

Its good to here you are mining now.  I assumed the entire forum would light up with problems if cloudflare started blocking the mining traffic :).

• Shoko

more
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 09:47:40 pm »
I tried to create a ticket just now and it doesn't seem to be working unfortunately. I filled all the fields and this is the error I get when pressing the save button:

POST http://pool2.biblepay.org/pool.ashx 500 (Internal Server Error) jquery-1.12.4.js:10254

I'm also a little bit confused by how we're supposed to fill that form. What are we supposed to write in the "Ticket Number" field? I tried putting 1 in my attempts but is it supposed to be a number automatically generated instead?

Also, I was wondering if everyone could see all the tickets submitted or if they could only be seen by the account who submitted them. If it's the latter, would it be better to have the author of the ticket automatically be handled by the server instead of the "Submitted by" field? For example, in the case of someone pretending to be someone else and claiming they have issues accessing their account, etc.

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 02:12:28 am »
Ran the 1.0.2.8 all day, no issues, I'll run it all night and hopefully the same there.

On the pool2 website, Orphan Fundraisers page doesn't display the date/time it was auctioned like it does currently on main.  Also, it would be interesting (feature request) to see the current balance of the Orphan Fund account "live" on that page in terms of BBP.  And furthermore, it would be handy to have a short, written report with each auction, or even just once a month or so, of how the previous funds were applied.

On pool2, the Sponsored Orphan List, shows 11 children as "Birthday Today", all show birthdays as August 19, so a date error on two counts I would believe.

Feature request, on Home screen, would be ideal to see pool balance (maybe broken up by mature and immature)

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2017, 07:03:26 am »
I tried to create a ticket just now and it doesn't seem to be working unfortunately. I filled all the fields and this is the error I get when pressing the save button:

POST http://pool2.biblepay.org/pool.ashx 500 (Internal Server Error) jquery-1.12.4.js:10254

I'm also a little bit confused by how we're supposed to fill that form. What are we supposed to write in the "Ticket Number" field? I tried putting 1 in my attempts but is it supposed to be a number automatically generated instead?

Also, I was wondering if everyone could see all the tickets submitted or if they could only be seen by the account who submitted them. If it's the latter, would it be better to have the author of the ticket automatically be handled by the server instead of the "Submitted by" field? For example, in the case of someone pretending to be someone else and claiming they have issues accessing their account, etc.

Hi Shoko-

The ticket system was written by my company and included in a prior product that I never released, so its just being shoehorned in to see if it is valuable for the web issues (in contrast to the qt-Client issues on github), so thats why its kind of malfunctioning as it has not even been configured for its intended use.

So looking at this, the ticket number field is supposed to auto increment when a new ticket is added.  FIXED.

The submitted by field is supposed to be populated with the submitters name: FIXED

The permission-view behavior by the other users on the system is supposed to respect the permission tree of the system based on the roles they play.  Since the roles are missing, everyone can see everyone elses tickets.  I am just going to leave it like that for a little while, so we can send each other tickets and escalate things to each other who want to become managers in the phase between now and the masternodes burn in period.  I could see assigning certain things to my team members who start in IT, and non-IT issues to non-it team members.

So if you want to go ahead and add it again, and then see if you can view the ticket list and click on it also.

Thanks.

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2017, 07:22:30 am »
Ran the 1.0.2.8 all day, no issues, I'll run it all night and hopefully the same there.

On the pool2 website, Orphan Fundraisers page doesn't display the date/time it was auctioned like it does currently on main.  Also, it would be interesting (feature request) to see the current balance of the Orphan Fund account "live" on that page in terms of BBP.  And furthermore, it would be handy to have a short, written report with each auction, or even just once a month or so, of how the previous funds were applied.

On pool2, the Sponsored Orphan List, shows 11 children as "Birthday Today", all show birthdays as August 19, so a date error on two counts I would believe.

Feature request, on Home screen, would be ideal to see pool balance (maybe broken up by mature and immature)

On burning in 1028: Great, because that kind of thing really hampers progress, lets hope we nailed it.
On Orphan Fundraisers List: I added the Updated column.
I agree, it would be nice to have a field to show the current orphan wallet balance.  The problem is, the listunspent command can only access the local wallets addresses, so I cant call out to get the balance from the pool.  The BX keeps track of it because it has elaborate code to map every address.  However, we can probably reverse engineer the value by running the rpc contribution report and subtracting the expenses spent.  The problem with that is, we currently only track the recurring expense amount and not the recurrent expenses payable items.  Im going to add payable items before the next orphan payments are due however, so we can track those, then we can add the field.  If you want to put a ticket in for the Orphan balance, go ahead and assign it to me.

Regarding Birthdays:  those birthdays were on the days that the orphan was initially sponsored (IE the Added date of the record) so those really were the birthdays, on that day, but obviously not Today. 

Regarding the Home page feature to show the users balance, I just added a home Announcement window, which I think we will need, and I added those two fields in there, and deployed.

Thanks for testing. 

• Shoko

more
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2017, 07:58:18 am »
Hi Shoko-

The ticket system was written by my company and included in a prior product that I never released, so its just being shoehorned in to see if it is valuable for the web issues (in contrast to the qt-Client issues on github), so thats why its kind of malfunctioning as it has not even been configured for its intended use.

So looking at this, the ticket number field is supposed to auto increment when a new ticket is added.  FIXED.

The submitted by field is supposed to be populated with the submitters name: FIXED

The permission-view behavior by the other users on the system is supposed to respect the permission tree of the system based on the roles they play.  Since the roles are missing, everyone can see everyone elses tickets.  I am just going to leave it like that for a little while, so we can send each other tickets and escalate things to each other who want to become managers in the phase between now and the masternodes burn in period.  I could see assigning certain things to my team members who start in IT, and non-IT issues to non-it team members.

So if you want to go ahead and add it again, and then see if you can view the ticket list and click on it also.

Thanks.

Hi Rob,

I saw your ticket and can only see the ticket 902 and can click on it to see the details.

Apologies for not replying using the ticket system but it seems I am still having troubles with submitting/updating a ticket. I'm still getting the same error 500 when pressing the save button. This happens whether I'm trying to create a new ticket or update yours.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:13:08 am by Shoko »

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 08:15:05 am »
Hi Rob,

I saw your ticket and can only see the ticket 902 and can click on it to see the details.

Apologies for not replying using the ticket system but it seems I am still having troubles with submitting/updating a ticket. I'm still getting the same error 500 when pressing the save button. This happens whether I'm trying to create a new ticket or update yours.

Alright maybe the update didnt push, I updated, please try now.  You can first try editing the ticket and saving, then editing and reassigning, this way you can tell me where exactly it breaks with a 500?

Thanks.

• Shoko

more
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2017, 08:26:56 am »
I did try first to just edit it first without modifying anything else. I also tried different combinations of just modifying the the "body", "submitted by" and/or "assigned to" . I also tried to just open it without modifying anything and just clicking on save but it was throwing the error 500 in every case :(

I was about to try again but I'm now having  a different issue. The pool (old and new) doesn't seem to be recognising my password anymore?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:29:46 am by Shoko »

• Shoko

more
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2017, 09:18:06 am »
So I tried different things:

-I tried creating a new account on pool.biblepay.org. I can log in on pool.biblepay.org but not on pool2.biblepay.org (getting the invalid username/password error).
-I tried creating a new account on pool2.biblepay.org. This time I can log in on both pool.biblepay.org and pool2.biblepay.org.

Unfortunately I still can't log in on either pool with my original account :(

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 09:25:26 am »
So I tried different things:

-I tried creating a new account on pool.biblepay.org. I can log in on pool.biblepay.org but not on pool2.biblepay.org (getting the invalid username/password error).
-I tried creating a new account on pool2.biblepay.org. This time I can log in on both pool.biblepay.org and pool2.biblepay.org.

Unfortunately I still can't log in on either pool with my original account :(

I set your password to null, so now you can log in with an empty password.
Note: the password must be completely empty, not a space.

Then you can change it.

Earlier this morning, I edited the ticket as you and saved it, so it might possibly be your browser.  After you get back and try again let me know the browser details if you still receive the 500 on save.
Ensure you have no plugins etc.

• Shoko

more
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2017, 09:39:04 am »
Thanks!

Usually I'm testing things using Chrome in incognito mode so that I have nothing from previous sessions (cache, cookies, etc.) and also no plugins enabled. I do the same thing in Safari and Firefox if I see that it is not working in Chrome just to be on the safe side.

I managed to successfully edit your ticket and reassign it back to you. I also managed to create two tickets:
-One with the body field empty.
-One with test2 in the body field.

The reasons I did is that is that I first tried to submit a ticket with this content in the body field:
"
I have a long (25+ chars) and complex (lots of special characters) password and for some reasons I couldn't log in on the new pool. This is the error I was seeing in the console (Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) /pool.ashx)

I changed my password to something more simple and I could log in on the new pool. I tried to switch back to my original password and I was getting the error 500 again.

This is the password (not used anymore) that wouldn't work with the new pool. Hopefully it will help with debugging:
[4i.r2Zugkb4WxbTTLy&GJJ@MdCzzH.
"

For some reasons, I get the error 500 when trying to send that.

Also I was thinking, would it be possible that Cloudflare keeps in cache some of the files you're updating? As we're probably not using the same CDN servers, maybe if don't flush it manually we're getting different versions of theses files when rapidly updating them?