Bible Pay

Poll

Do you trust the integrity and information flow from Rob - the coin creator?

He has high integrity, I trust his information, I dont think we need a spokesperson except where he works hand-in-hand with social media posts - and as we grow
14 (42.4%)
He has integrity, I trust his info, I think we only need a PR spokesperson for campaign purposes, but not one to replace Robs post contents on the forum.
13 (39.4%)
He has integrity, I trust his info, but I think we need both a PR spokesperson and a Spokesperson to represent all communications and Rob should not post
5 (15.2%)
He has integrity but I do not trust his info
0 (0%)
I do not trust his integrity or his information
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: November 10, 2018, 10:39:03 pm

Read 660 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Trusting the Integrity and Information Flow from Rob (Lead Dev)
« on: October 21, 2018, 11:39:03 pm »
This is a general poll in response to a message I received where the person claimed I was not operating in a democratic manner, and in general, an attempt to gather the feel of the trust level of the community.

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 am
    more
Re: Trusting the Integrity and Information Flow from Rob (Lead Dev)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 03:00:36 am »
Rob: can you change my voting to this.... i missed,thanks

He has integrity, I trust his info, I think we only need a PR spokesperson for campaign purposes, but not one to replace Robs post contents on the forum.

Rob= concept  of BBP is great,but what i wrote= we need massive PR guru,bloggers=ány proffesinal person and more bloggers,advisors...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:05:32 am by klondike »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 12:20:25 pm »
Rob: can you change my voting to this.... i missed,thanks

Rob= concept  of BBP is great,but what i wrote= we need massive PR guru,bloggers=ány proffesinal person and more bloggers,advisors...

I cant change anything - I dont have access, but when I set up the poll, I selected User can Change Vote, please try changing your vote.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 02:25:02 am »
I agree with klondike: we really do need more 'external exposure' (such as bloggers and journalists writing about us). That would give us more legitimacy. So I'd like to invite anyone who has some PR-experience to contact me. With some help I've gathered information on creating pitches, and I've collected a list of contact information of journalists. Unfortunately I'm really burnt out at the moment, so I'm looking for someone (or a little group) to prepare and send pitches and provide journalists with information if needed. This is just a small part of PR of course, but I think it can prove an important one.

Anyway, what I'm sometimes concerned about is the public's perception of us when they look at our forums. Because there IS toxicity, no doubt.

I've talked to a few people that have 'quit', and most said that they really liked the project, but that they had trouble with your personality Rob. I hope this doesn't come across too harsh. I'm just stating what I've observed.

Now, of course, when something like this happens there are two people involved, with two backgrounds, and two personalities. I'm not here to judge. I just know that sometimes I read someone's reaction (yours and others), and I just feel in my guts that it's going to escalate (or already has). I'm not pointing fingers. It's just a feeling that I sometimes have.

What I also know, is that some of the people that 'quit' really were initially willing to put a lot of time in BiblePay. And I think it's really a shame that they got alienated from the project, because in my opinion they were good people at heart. I agree that there are people that are really annoying and even damaging, but I think drawing a line is a tricky thing. We're all just 'peopeling around' with all our human shortcomings, in my opinion.

I think that we should try to work on incorporating loving values in all of our communication. Again and again. If we as a group are representing a Christian community to the outside world, my personal opinion is that we should try to have room for each-others feelings as much as possible. I'm not just trying to be sappy here, I also look at this from a business perspective, because I want BiblePay to be able to help as many people as possible. But I only want to be involved in a project that tries to have room for people 'as they are'. That's just because of my personality. The toxicity has probably contributed to my current burnt-outness, since I'm pretty sensitive to it.

I'd like to end this post with saying that I'll be abroad for the next two weeks, and I'll have (and also want) very little internet.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:36:36 am by jaapgvk »