Read 3190 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Helping Widows in their Distress
« on: October 13, 2018, 01:28:20 PM »
In the spirit of James 1:27, I would like to introduce BiblePay to "Hope For Widows", asking BiblePay to be kind enough to consider that we also help Widows. 

I feel that helping widows will not only help display our compassion globally, but it will also help convince God that we are listening to his commands: to be cheerful givers, and follow his commandments.  We also will be involved in something that is for women primarily (although I am not deliberately singling out females), but we will be introducing some non Christians who have never helped a widow to watch our example, and have less risk of hearing "Depart from me you workers of iniquity... I never knew you".

First I did check the top 3 (via google) Widow organizations, and I do not claim by any means that Hope for Widows is absolutely #1.  I felt after reading their FAQ about what they do for women (they comfort them in a time of grief, they talk to each other as a community and help work out each others problems, they donate money to widows who are going through financial issues), and HFW has more than 10,000 enrolled widows, but I got the feeling when I researched HFW that the money was spent efficiently (more appears to be done with each dollar, in contrast to some of the others who hold meetings in central places and require everyone to fly there etc).

Take a look at the FAQ page first before deciding, see what the widows say about HFW:
https://hopeforwidows.org/resources/widows-weve-helped/

To spearhead this initiative I feel we should start small (especially with our small budget), so let's just start at $300.00 for the month of October 2018 and also, if some would like to call HFW and do more research feel free to vet the organization, and make more recommendations on if we should increase/decrease next month based on what we accomplish.

(BTW: We will be receiving a credit this month for Compassion, so the funds for this are definitely available this month.)

Edit: 
I went ahead and donated since I was already on the web site, hopefully this will be voted in :).

http://pool.biblepay.org/san/Expenses/hfw_oct2018.pdf

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:58:53 PM by Rob A. »

• strayapple

• September 04, 2017, 08:12:57 AM
    more
Re: Helping Widows in their Distress
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 03:52:24 AM »
i want to help orphans not widows,so i voted NO,maybe a new widowscoin could help them.