Bible Pay

Read 12004 times

Re: Proposal - listing BBP on GIN MN platform
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 12:12:39 PM »
I'm not disagreeing with anything...just some more thoughts.

Gin has a huge platform but really half their traffic it their own coin and a few other fairly cheap coins.   So, right now we've got 309 MN (they have close to 2000).   But they certainly have utility built into their token.  And the shared MN idea is a good one, but not implemented yet.

I've said time and time again, I'll help anyone set up a MN, I've helped 3 other people so far.  Right now there are enough people willing to help that, again to me, spending on a service that is likely to only be used by a few MN isn't worth it at this point.

But to continue the thought, how do we do something (even if it's not just hosting our own MN as a service) to improve the utility of our coin?

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 08:41:39 PM »
I like the idea, but the timing is off in my opinion.
Right now we have a full monthly budget and this would push us over budget. With our low price we are struggling to pay our charity expenses.
I'd be open to this in the future when the market recovers (same for your other proposal MCT+)

• jmmc

• December 09, 2017, 05:54:33 AM
    more
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 07:39:09 AM »
VPS for 1$ sounds almost unbelievable. If the spec if enough for MN then it's really something to think about.

• jmmc

more
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 08:19:14 AM »
I understand that BBP price and budget is tight but BBP needs to be expanding and be visible to various platforms to keep pace. To be on GIN is imho more significant than be listed on CoinExchange.IO which is just another (not very significant) exchange. BBP doesn't need to be on more small exchanges but there should be complete ecosystem around BBP in terms of various services and uses cases. It means:

1) small exchanges(5) : SouthXchange, C-CEX, CryptoBridge, CoinExchange, QIEX
- DONE (not one of them is in TOP100 exchanges), no need to invest in this area even single BBP in the future imho
2) MN hosting platforms(0): this is where GIN goes (and you can already vote for it)
3) Alt P2P / escrow platforms(0): this is where MCT+ goes (you can also already vote for it)
4) payment processor(0): like bitpay, coinbase, etc. (beyond BBP size budget right now)
5) big exchanges(0): like bitfinex, binance (TOP10 exchanges - that's beyond BBP size and budget right now)

You see, BBP has 5 small exchanges but nothing else from this list. That's why I believe we need to leave any effort to list another small exchanges but to focus on other types of platforms where BBP is yet missing. Big exchanges and payment processors are currently beyond BBP budget. What we can do now is to make BBP present on MN hosting platform (like GIN) and P2P escrow trading alt platform (like MCT+) for decent money. That would mean to have 3 of 5 ecosystem groups covered plus bringing additional exposure and PR to BBP.

Whoever wants to build special BBP hosting platform, feel free to do it but it imho doesn't substitute being listed on GIN. It would be similar effort like to build your own exchange and thinking that is the same like to be listed on Binance. It's not.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:22:07 AM by jmmc »

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 05:06:28 PM »
I understand that BBP price and budget is tight but BBP needs to be expanding and be visible to various platforms to keep pace. To be on GIN is imho more significant than be listed on CoinExchange.IO which is just another (not very significant) exchange. BBP doesn't need to be on more small exchanges but there should be complete ecosystem around BBP in terms of various services and uses cases. It means:

- DONE (not one of them is in TOP100 exchanges), no need to invest in this area even single BBP in the future imho
2) MN hosting platforms(0): this is where GIN goes (and you can already vote for it)
3) Alt P2P / escrow platforms(0): this is where MCT+ goes (you can also already vote for it)
4) payment processor(0): like bitpay, coinbase, etc. (beyond BBP size budget right now)
5) big exchanges(0): like bitfinex, binance (TOP10 exchanges - that's beyond BBP size and budget right now)

You see, BBP has 5 small exchanges but nothing else from this list. That's why I believe we need to leave any effort to list another small exchanges but to focus on other types of platforms where BBP is yet missing. Big exchanges and payment processors are currently beyond BBP budget. What we can do now is to make BBP present on MN hosting platform (like GIN) and P2P escrow trading alt platform (like MCT+) for decent money. That would mean to have 3 of 5 ecosystem groups covered plus bringing additional exposure and PR to BBP.

Whoever wants to build special BBP hosting platform, feel free to do it but it imho doesn't substitute being listed on GIN. It would be similar effort like to build your own exchange and thinking that is the same like to be listed on Binance. It's not.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying there was no budget for it this month.
Hopefully the market can recover soon and things like this can be moved forward

• jmmc

more
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2018, 03:07:26 AM »
I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying there was no budget for it this month.
Hopefully the market can recover soon and things like this can be moved forward
Although I agree with that, investment into project and ecosystem so project can grow is necessary, though. Without that, resources for charity might dry to zero in no time as well.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »
Although I agree with that, investment into project and ecosystem so project can grow is necessary, though. Without that, resources for charity might dry to zero in no time as well.

Its a bear market for everyone since BTC price is down. I do agree BBP liquidation potentially causes more downward pressure especially if the buy orders are not there to balance it out.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:25:40 PM by sunk818 »
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 06:42:08 PM »

I generally agree with your assessments, although I would say we've not seen much request for MN hosting or P2P escrow.  I'm pretty sure that anyone wanting to start a MN that has issues would not be more helped by something like Gin than the community.  P2P escrow I've never understood the need for when you have reliable markets...for coins that have no markets, yes, but to me P2P escrow is not a high priority.

I firmly agree we don't need any more exchanges at this point, unless we can luck into a top 25 one.  But to me, Gin is not providing a service that our users are clamoring for, MCT+ is not providing a service that is needed if we have reliable markets, and given the budget at this point, either proposal amounts to very expensive advertising.

• jmmc

more
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 03:57:03 AM »
Sure I agree what you write, it is as valid view as any other.

I can give you one one example where MCT+ might be handy right now. In current market situation we could use MCT+ to perform secure private Sanctuary sales to some investors without collapsing the market on usual exchanges (where market is already in a pretty bad shape). That's just one case where MCT+ might be very helpful imho. In the past I was doing some p2p trades and it was always pretty poor ad risky experience.  I would be super happy to have MCT+ available at that time.

Second common use case is diversification between various MN holders. MN generates some coin and you often want some other MN to diversify portfolio. Of course you can buy it on usual exchange, but why to trade it through BTC when you don't want BTC but some target coin for another masternode. In this case p2p alt platform is perfect place.

Related to GIN, the day one BBP is supported there I will migrate my sanctuaries there and even acquire some more. Before that I'm not planning to get more sanctuaries and in terms of other MN projects as long as these projects are not support on GIN platform they are like non-existing form me as an investor (entirely due to  practical reasons even though I'm a technical guy and have no problem with VPS administration and things like that in general).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 03:59:22 AM by jmmc »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2018, 03:41:35 AM »
I think we need to look past the price of $14 on this one, and have a hosted service (like GIN) available in our arsenal for the Non Technical users.

I see we have the same sort of arguments in this thread repeating (people with closed minds who view things one way).  We need to start thinking out of the box, and thinking of newbies.

(A technical minded entrepeneur may go out and start their own version of Gin and charge $1 a month and see if you can live on that, but it may go out of business).

I support this proposal, but our budget is too small this month.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2018, 09:39:02 AM »
I also like this proposal :)

• jmmc

more
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 12:23:41 PM »
I have good news - BiblePay was just listed on Gin platform so we can save some listing budget here.
Feel free to host BiblePay Sanctuaries on GIN if you like - https://p.gincoin.io/#!/

• jmmc

more
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »
One more update about BBP sanctuaries hosted on GIN platform. To those who considered GIN hosting price way too high there is new cheap cloud node possibility to host BBP sanctuary for $4.5 per MN/month (select Cloud node for this price).  It's no-brainer now for this price IMHO. Check - https://p.gincoin.io/ .