Read 178 times

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    more
Compensation for Jaap's work with BiblePay
« on: May 08, 2018, 03:05:40 am »
Hi everyone,

Ever since I found this project I've been pretty passionate about it, and I have done a lot of work, most of which I don't think I have to explain. They include giving guidance and advice in every way possible to CameroonONE and Habib, being in several focus-groups, and right now working very hard to get our new website online.

While I see most of what I do as voluntary, and it is in my self-interest to see this coin grow since I am already invested, I also have paid others to do work for me and lately I've pretty much been working full-time on the website.

So I've decided to classify some of the things that I do as 'work' and ask the community if they want to pay me for my added value at a flat-rate of 15$/hour (which is about minimum wage in the Netherlands, where I'm from).

I'm using the current value of BBP, which is 0,0029 EURO.

I would like to receive compensation for the following things:

Proposals that I have submitted for CameroonONE (round 1 & 2), Habib (round 1&2), and the New Exchange Fund (round 1&2). From here on I will add 2500 to these proposals to compensate for the cost of submitting, but I have given all the BBP to the concerning proposals until now, so I would like to ask the community for compensation = 15.000 BBP

I had a designer design a PowerPoint-template for BiblePay for a total cost of 40 euro = 13.793 BBP

I had an external expert do research on CameroonONE for a total cost of 60 euro = 20.689 BBP

I made a PowerPoint-presentation from the ground up for Habib, which took me 8 hours x 15 = 41.379 BBP

I send Habib extra BBP to share with the people present at the presentation because he already spent everything to be able to do the things that he did = 5000 BBP

I had two conference calls to discuss the website-upgrade 4 hours in total x 15 = 20.689

I've spent 60 hours on the website thus far (may 8th) (see attachment) x 15 = 310.344 BBP

I've also been approached to be in a tv-series about cryptocurrency, where I will be representing BiblePay. If everything pans out the right way, this will give our project great exposure. I can't give you any details at this point, but I'd like to ask BiblePay for compensation because a lot of time has gone in getting this off the ground (calling, mailing, writing scripts, etc). I would like to ask the community to compensate me for the time spent on this. Until today (may 8th), I have spent about 20 hours on this x 15 = 103.448 BBP

So in total, that's: 509.673 BBP

I will aks for this compensation from the IT-budget (since the website is the majority of the proposal), although it could also be PR. Or I could also make two separate proposals. This is just a pre-proposal to ask the community what they think about it. After receiving feedback, I will go ahead and submit the proposal.

Thanks!

Jaap

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 am
    more
Re: Compensation for Jaap's work with BiblePay
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:30:29 am »
I think it's a good idea that one gets compensation for the efforts, and in your case they have been outstanding.

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 am
    • Texas, USA
    more
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 12:14:15 pm »
Totally Voting Yes! 
and Id totally vote yes for a higher pay rate too, youve done amazing work Jaap!
(now we need to persuade Luke to create a proposal for all of his great work too ;))

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 pm
    more
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:45 pm »
Hello!
Yes I will vote yes... but you need to get this proposal submitted into the pool ASAP!
The superblock is only ~10 days away.

Thanks.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 02:17:23 am »
Hello!
Yes I will vote yes... but you need to get this proposal submitted into the pool ASAP!
The superblock is only ~10 days away.

Thanks.

Yes, I know ,:( I don't have enough funds in the pool at the moment. I've asked Rob if he could deposit some funds in my account so that I can make some more proposals for this superblock...

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 04:02:41 pm »
Thanks for the support guys!

I see that I made an error by taking the euro exchange rate but calculating my hours in dollars. The exchange rate is actually $0.003/BBP now, so it doesn't really make much difference. I'll just give myself a raise of 50 cents an hour and keep the proposal as it was :p

• Rob A.
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 12:20:32 pm »
I will be voting yes; the brethren are worthy of their wages.

• zthomasz
  • Administrator

• October 30, 2017, 02:45:30 pm
    more
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 03:57:15 pm »
Excellent work Jaap, I'm voting YES on your proposal. Thanks for all you do!