Read 4011 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Letter Writing Bounties
« on: April 10, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »
Currently, we have a deficit in letter writing primarily because of our transition to PODC (heat mining rewards are lower, so the letter writing budget dropped) so people are not participating in writing for financial rewards.  In addition with the launch of purepool, most heat miners have navigated away from pool.biblepay.org to take advantage of the lower fee mining and avoiding the penalty that exists on the main pool.

Some have floated the idea of rewarding letter writers out of the p2p budget, others have floating sponsor-a-child feature (where one person owns a child, and takes responsibility for all communications with that child).

This proposal seeks 500,000 BBP to be split into two buckets:
Bucket 1: (250,000 BBP):   Used to reward letter writers in pool.biblepay.org for writing letters at approximately 1000 bbp per letter out of this fund.

Bucket 2: (250,000 BBP):  This will be reserved in the sponsor-a-child account, while Rob creates the feature.  Rob will make it so children who are sponsored by a miner do not appear in the general write-to-a-child business logic flow.  Instead the user will navigate to an available children list for sponsorship, and sponsor the child.  They will receive funds from this bucket as they write letters.

We will remove the writing penalty at the same time this bridge system goes into effect.

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Re: Letter Writing Bounties
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 11:45:55 AM »
You have my vote! Great work Rob!

• noxpost

• April 10, 2018, 07:24:15 AM
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 12:44:34 PM »
I really like this idea. My votes are a yes.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 06:26:06 AM »
I like this proposal :)

Looking forward to the sponsor-a-child feature!

One think I'd like to say: the current system seems to be gamed by certain people that write letters and upvote them as a group. I think it's good at this point that Rob has a final say in which letters get send and which don't. But it's clear that the current system is being games.

I was thinking that Mike's Commission could handle the letter reviews (thus offloading Rob of this task), and we get rid of the voting system in the end. I know this puts a certain power in the hands of a few, but the current system also isn't working as intended because there are too few people voting to really have a efficient system.

• Lichtsucher

• January 09, 2018, 03:27:09 AM
    more
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 03:14:25 AM »
Sounds like a great Idea :)