Bible Pay

Read 980 times

• Lichtsucher

• January 09, 2018, 03:27:09 am
    more
Purepool Biblepay Pool
« on: February 21, 2018, 04:16:35 am »
Hi everyone,

I just realized that I hadn't announced the Purepool Biblepay Pool here in the Forum.
As most users might now, more is always better. And as long as PoDC isn't ready, a pool is always a good way to earn coins :)

If you are looking for an easy to use pool, you might try the Purepool Biblepay pool: https://www.purepool.org
It is easy to setup and use, and is - for now - without a pool fee.

The source code will be release in the next days, when all is tested well on reference purepool installation.

• Lichtsucher

more
Re: Purepool Biblepay Pool
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 04:42:52 am »
As promised, I just released the source code of the Purepool Biblepay Pool:

https://github.com/Lichtsucher/purepool

Important: The software is designed to be easy to use for the miners and the pool admins, BUT the pool admin still needs to be an experienced linux admin.

The software is written in python and is based on the django framework. It was tested on Ubuntu 16.04. Everybody who wants to install and run it needs knowledge in the topics: Apache, Python, MySQL, Linux, RabbitMQ, Celery, Memcache (or at least must be able to dive into these topics).

There is currently no step-by-step installation guide, but the README will guide most linux admin in installing the pool.

Small note: The README only talks about the standard installation on multiple servers. You can install it on one server, I simply won't advice you to do that.

And yes, I'm aware that the pool might not be required with PoDC, but it might still be useful for a short time, or the base for some future development :)

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 06:20:23 pm »
As I said on bitcointalk: I really like the simplicity of your pool. I wonder why not more people are mining on your pool right now, since you don't have any fees at the moment...

• Lichtsucher

more
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 06:57:53 am »
As I said on bitcointalk: I really like the simplicity of your pool. I wonder why not more people are mining on your pool right now, since you don't have any fees at the moment...

I think people got scared away by the 5 days without a block. But if you compare the blocks/day with the main pool, it looks quite normal, the main pool is simply 100 times bigger ;)

We will see what the future brings. If it isn't a success, then at least I tried ^^