Bible Pay

Read 452 times

• Slowww

• December 30, 2017, 05:14:07 pm
    more
Solo mining ..anyone still doing this?
« on: February 16, 2018, 11:04:49 am »
Just wondering if anyone is having any luck solo mining .

I have one rig running about 6300 H/s and have not found a block since Feb 2nd.

• 616westwarmoth

• September 01, 2017, 09:57:50 am
    more
Re: Solo mining ..anyone still doing this?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 10:05:04 pm »
I still solo mine.  It's been pretty sparse lately, I run about half to three quarters that on each of six rigs.  So I probably have three to four times your solo hash rate, found a block yesterday but prior to that was the 14th.  I'm pretty sure that was my worst run of luck and really outside what had been statistically normal in January where I was averaging about a block every two and a half days .  Its believed that botnets have hit us pretty hard since we're CPU mining.  Monero is suspected to be mined at about 50% by botnets, so if we're not there already we're likely heading that way.  That is why the PoDC mining method is being refined and worked on...it's suspected the botnets won't follow in significant numbers to BOINC.

• Lichtsucher

• January 09, 2018, 03:27:09 am
    more
Re: Solo mining ..anyone still doing this?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 04:42:05 am »
I'm pretty sure that was my worst run of luck and really outside what had been statistically normal in January where I was averaging about a block every two and a half days .

Same here. In Januar, 1 Block every 2 days, but now it took up to 9 days to hit a block.
Just look at my pool (https://www.purepool.org), it took a whole weak to find a block with multiple miners. Wow. It is really hard now to find a block.
I think solo-mining isn't working for a lot of people anymore. PoDC might be here at the perfect time.