Bible Pay

Read 51237 times

• satoshi0x

• September 22, 2020, 11:04:40 PM
    more
Re: February 2021 Testnet Thread (Tribulation)
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2021, 02:05:05 AM »
I got the SMTP e-mail feature working in Windows.
Basically, it was a pesky problem with \r\ns (carriage returns) becoming 1 1/2 carriage returns (\r\r\ns). Meaning that the feature didnt work at all on windows.

So this will be fixed on the next release, but first, let me look through the punchlist and see if we have any other issues to check in.

SMTP? Add another amazing and underappreciated way to send bits in and out of DAC Core wallets :)

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2021, 06:07:05 AM »
1.5.3.5 - Mandatory Upgrade for TestNet

- Rename Foundation to DAC in Send Coins
- Add multiple recipient support to SMTP (and fix SMTP bug)

MIP, can you please build MAC again?

Version 1.5.3.5 ready for MacOS

And we have good news!! I could connect my Thunderbird to Core client email account!

I don't see any mails in my inbox, so if you sent me anything in the past, it is not here.
I sent an email to Rob now and it generated a transaction and it seems it succeeded.
So this is pretty exciting!

I also received 2000 tBBP last 13th Jan into my CPK.

I will leave my client open in case you want to send me anything. I will also have the general chat window opened.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2021, 07:20:10 AM »
Version 1.5.3.5 ready for MacOS

And we have good news!! I could connect my Thunderbird to Core client email account!

I don't see any mails in my inbox, so if you sent me anything in the past, it is not here.
I sent an email to Rob now and it generated a transaction and it seems it succeeded.
So this is pretty exciting!

I also received 2000 tBBP last 13th Jan into my CPK.

I will leave my client open in case you want to send me anything. I will also have the general chat window opened.

Thats awesome MIP, but I actually still have to check in the fix for SMTP that breaks windows, etc.  Thats why I stopped sending emails etc.

I will check it in in the next hour.

I have a meeting though in an hour so I cant test chat right now but Ill post asap.

Thanks!

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2021, 08:21:53 AM »

Also, we need to verify we get the coinbase reward (and not the miner) once we send a successful utxo stake (I did that a few times locally but Id like testers to see it too).  You can probably do that by shutting off your miner after you send a successful utxo that is accepted, then you know you will not be the "miner" and then when you get the reward you will know.

Hello Rob.
I got my first UTXO stake smart-contract reward today, looks like it works.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2021, 01:44:01 AM »
Thats awesome MIP, but I actually still have to check in the fix for SMTP that breaks windows, etc.  Thats why I stopped sending emails etc.

I will check it in in the next hour.

I have a meeting though in an hour so I cant test chat right now but Ill post asap.

Thanks!

just a note to say I received all pending emails since 14th Jan.

• satoshi0x

more
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2021, 11:14:16 AM »
Just letting you all know the development UI works great on production net :) Still configuring my Internal Email :P

• satoshi0x

more
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2021, 11:53:32 AM »
Code: [Select]
[quote author=Rob Andrews link=topic=748.msg9890#msg9890 date=1610564818]
So hopefully, everyone here may potentially agree with the vision for UTXO mining.

It obviously needs an in depth explanation and wiki page.

On a side note, its a pity that Biblepay hasn't appealed to a broad range of Christians yet.  We've not only not scratched the surface but we haven't even scratched the wax on the surface.  We only need 3BTC of crypto buyers on SX to put our ticker back on track for free-floating.  Its a real shame to start out in the hole on anything.  So that is prayer #1 - Im praying that God sends a few mystery buyers to buy up the latent coins on SX to start us off with a 'square' start.

Anyway, the idea with UTXO mining is for us to sort of act as a cryptocurrency with return on investment for holding the currencies, similar to a CD in a bank, but for multiple homogenized coins:  BTC+BBP, DASH+BBP, or BBP (to start).

The leaderboard is replaced with Stakers instead of PODC miners.  The entire daily GSC reward is split among the stakers (except for the 5% that goes to healing - I left that in).[/quote]

I really love PODC mining. I don't have BTC DASH etc. I am too poor to afford amounts for UTXO staking :( BOINC is altruistic and free and I love doing something I don't get paid directly to get a little more BBP than I had a day earlier through GSC :) I value BBP GSC payments from PODC like I value my BOINC credits or WCG points. I don't spend them or plan on benefitting myself, they're a token reminder of who I helped across the global initiative.

[quote]The main appeal to this is we have about 500 million distinct users across the two tickers who could become biblepay stakers.  They can earn returns on their native currencies plus either or BBP.

Can you consider adding my Project I am part A-team member of then since its Merge Mined with Bitcoin since 2012 and was born of Bitcoin's bare bones codebase back in 2011? It was the guinea pig for merge mining. I could get you set up with our lead dev @develcuy. He's a genius much like yourself. Great coder, leader, finds great initiatives. (We're also looking for an artist to pay handsomely for some (Deviant)Art work for our first NFTs. :) You have some skin in that game and the expertise shows!

Take a look at the leaderboard and once you are in, you can double click to see your positions.

I wasn't too crazy for the in Wallet leaderboard it never showed the correct accounting for my BOINC crunching contributions. But that's okay. I don't mind there not being a leaderboard as long as we still can do PODC in some helpful way. It'd be a shame to kill the Team BiblePay group... I had fun being involved. Since January 6, 2020.

EDIT: Maybe we can add ETHER+BBP stakes also, soon.

I'm 100% in favor of that. Could that bridge us to other types of Ethereum Blockchain and Layer 2 apps using BBP? Maybe BBP could transition to a token at some point once initial mining distribution is done. Although it seems ever since this distribution and mining started this project wasn't doing it's POW variations to distribute coins generally (like SHA, SCRYPT, etc) - but it was distributing its coins to cross-script, cross-networks, merge and acquire functionality of various projects as it grew. Just look at where the functionality is today. A lot of it, UI - Which thanks to you Rob we have some of the best UI I've ever seen in crypto (functionality wise, I could careless about pretty graphics, I'm talking menus, account keeping - etc. This is becoming a very good example of a charity/kickstarter type DAC or B Corp as they're called in the UK. In the US, Benefits Corporations. That's a bit what my Project Devcoin has been like, except it focused mainly on BTC and the more ancient projects so its a lot more alpha to this unique project. This is where I would love to see it get though. It's because of your UI UX work I was able find SMF Shop/possible future WooCommerce/WP/Facebook Messenger plugins for the forums themselves. Messenger for WordPress is open source btw... Can only imagine the users we could attract that way. This Forum however is almost like a portal/bank of its own. A DAC where the team accounting is there for all to see our legitimacy. Kudos!

The Sanctuaries are the oracles-- they make calls to assess the utxos as they assess the blocks.

Exploring your san.biblepay.org forward path to the video/mp4 file using HTML 5 from your "Random X" mining view-source on that page I was thoroughly impressed with the video embedding and noticed the copyright for the embedded script to retrieve that video/mp4 was a form of NAS from a company I deeply respect Synology, Inc..  As a matter of fact the ties to Microsoft employees and the company spreading from Taipei to worldwide since 2000 reminds me a lot of a project that has talented people in countries that have conflicts or authoritarian blocks on the censored country they migrated away from as well as too much overreach in the America they thought they came to escape censorship by way of litigation and stupid senseless trade wars/restrictions/tariffs. Ugh... The app layer protocols we're using in this project has me excited we can get around these stupid bureaucratic and intergovernmental political roadblocks the more ways we can message, chat, mail, and communicate BBP to the masses :). One way I'm helping is by mining BBP+XMR using [email protected]'s MiningPool.fun ;) - after all, his old personal website once used an embedded Google WWW and Site search widget, QQ Online Chat, and registered DNS at quite a few domains back in December 2006. Recent web crawls show 400 and 500 level errors at crawl time, but the last grab from 2016 was overrun by state media, PRC licensing, an expired copyright, and just far too much mandate info. Maybe drorow is using BBP+XMR mining himself to get around the Great Firewall himself. Maybe :) - he also has a peculiar history of email addresses, one [email protected] - that must've been hard to get :) - then again he may have other reasons for using Monero as of 2016 his website tab title and about us section was all about gambling online and live in Macau (Checkout the "Texas" bulletpoint - we're from "Texas" as a project - or at least a datacenter that's potentially block storage and safely stored with fast enough 10gbps wired directly to our physical on site servers)  - where you can use google free of persecution and without VPN :) :) :) - IF Macau was a country it ranked as one of the top richest nations in the world - its a former Portuguese colony, and retains some of those colonial rights even though the 1500's were a long time ago. Lorem Ipsum type persistence - it lives on in writing on many platforms. Sans ink, now in binary code, or hardcoded into software hehe.

PS 2:  Remember the concepts related to 'portfolio mining', 'long portfolio positions', and interest rate marketplace.  This is all, I believe fulfilled, with UTXO mining.  We may want to create a better name that is user friendly, for the position manager.  This is one thing that has not been done with biblepay yet:  making it user friendly.

I'm sure I'll understand why we have to move on from BOINC crunching and GSC to UTXO mining. It is the lords work, and that of both our Christ as Christians and the Hebrews Yahweh since the days of translations of bitcoin-qt and bitcoil.co.il functioning as an alt exchange to Mt. Gox within Bitcoin's (OTC) Web of Trust that these motions were set forward. With Serbia reversing course on its rulings against digital asset issuance and trading this past week, Israel and UAE, other middle eastern countries making historic treaties and deals to open lines of commerce with eachother for the first time in history, and China having 80% of the world's Bitcoin miners (funded in the Bitcoin they mined!) that use hardware and not rented hash to produce coin we need to bypass every possible way the DAC/B Corp/future DAC's charitable and idealistic efforts can be crushed and blocked by authority. We're not doing anything wrong, we're just innovating. And a day is coming where we realize maybe governments we're on board with this for a long time - merely making us develop and persist harder to develop and compute the rest of the internet connections and protocols for them at our own expense. Which is why in the end, whatever currencies we issue in bits of transmitted message and cryptographically immutable on the blockchain files/ledger passed from node to node at such a fast rate Bittorrent will seem like transmission by the telegraph once our mesh is finsihed. So like I said, the more I see the more I like and this is your lead Bob, ;). We are a worldwide community working together in ways that will go down in history because of the way we connect allowing us to accomplish so much more.

God bless.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2021, 01:44:13 PM »
just a note to say I received all pending emails since 14th Jan.

Thats awesome.  Yeah, I havent tested this yet, Ive been waiting to release the windows version and I planned on starting the e-mail testing phase over with all of us again (so we know we are all on the same version).  Ive been away from the machine fixing a part that blew out in our shed. 

I will try to check in this windows compile within the next few hours then we can all try some brand new emails.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2021, 01:53:51 PM »
1.5.3.6 - Mandatory Upgrade for TestNet

- Fix SMTP for Windows

MIP, will you please notify us when MAC is ready?

Others:  Please send a couple test e-mails to me and/or each other (Im  [email protected]  ).

I will send an email to :  MIP, Earlz, and foundation as one email (please test Multiple recipients).
NOTE:  We still do not support CC or BCC, but we do support Multiple Recipients in the "To" field.

Lets also test receiving in Windows.

I will post more test cases also.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2021, 02:14:32 PM »
** Tackling the DAC Donation Test Case **

So lets go ahead and tackle the test cases for 'giving to the decentralized autonomous charity' through the UI and the RPC.

Our brand is still 'BiblePay' and we have no intention to be called DAC.  DAC is our organization structure (not yoked to 501C3, and fully decentralized away from govts and corporation structures). 

The DAC allows a charitable person, or a crypto-whale, to come in and easily contribute to help orphans in distress.  IE they dont have to go and sponsor an orphan for a long term commitment, they can be confident the money is spent properly, and they can do it with crypto in one shot.

The way we do this is the DAC engine automatically allocates the payment across our voted in charities and first to our sponsored children.  Later it expands or shrinks (children) automatically as time passes.  We do this in a decentralized way so even if our key members die, the existng sancs have the authority to expand or shrink both the orphans and the charities.  We will talk about the sporks for doing that in another test case but lets focus on the rich crypto whale who is passing by and wants to simply give $1000 to our DAC to help orphans. 

Method 1:  Give from the UI (Send Money):
Click into Send Money, check Donate to DAC.  Enter amount.  Click Send.

Method 2: From the RPC:
From the RPC, type 'exec give amount' (TODO: Rob will remove the word exec ASAP).

Copy the TXID to the clipboard.
To see how it was distributed type 'getrawtransaction txid 1'.  Note that the tx went out to multiple partners based on a smart allocation.  The allocation has to do with how much we are currently paying monthly for our orphan commitments.

To see the projected breakdown, type 'exec dacengine'.
Right now in testnet, we only have 2 charities:  Cameroon-One and KAIROS.  The cameroon one % is currently 76%, and the kairos is 23%.

Verify that your donation went to the two charity addresses and that the percentages are correct?

I will also explain how the DAC reports each orphan and the monthly amount in a separate post.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2021, 02:22:27 PM »
Hi Rob!
Yes, that machine was a left over from last testnet! I had left my VPS on and recently just upgraded to the latest testnet wallet 1.5.3.5 and it automatically joined with all the credentials from last testnet session.
Blessings
oncoapop

Aha, good to know, thanks!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2021, 02:28:41 PM »
SMTP? Add another amazing and underappreciated way to send bits in and out of DAC Core wallets :)
Lets hope we get appreciated for *something* eventually.  I can see at least being a top 500 coin, but not a top 2000 coin.

- Ability to donate to our 'dac' from anywhere
- RandomX merge mining
- Long portfolio positions and ROI for those
- SMTP/POP3 (anti censorship features)
- RSA encrypted chat

Future:

- Bible Verse memorizer UI
- Christian certification degree training (multiple choice certification tests for Christianity in-wallet) and possibly a printable PDF

Other:

- Fill the gap in the places where Big Tech failed humanity.  They are obviously censoring freedom of speech now.  Pro freedom of religion, anti-censorship (social network) features.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2021, 07:16:35 AM »
1.5.3.6 - Mandatory Upgrade for TestNet

- Fix SMTP for Windows

MIP, will you please notify us when MAC is ready?

Others:  Please send a couple test e-mails to me and/or each other (Im  [email protected]  ).

I will send an email to :  MIP, Earlz, and foundation as one email (please test Multiple recipients).
NOTE:  We still do not support CC or BCC, but we do support Multiple Recipients in the "To" field.

Lets also test receiving in Windows.

I will post more test cases also.

I was getting this message in Thunderbird
Code: [Select]
Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) localhost was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again.

To see if error message was still coming i shut down testnet and started up again. I dont get that error message any longer.

Also i got ur e-mail that you sent yesterday(19th) Rob, still i dont see the picture just the random letters/numbers.
At the time that you sent the message i belive i still was running the older biblepay core wallet 1.5.3.5 but now i have latest version installed.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2021, 07:19:37 AM »
Update:  I test sent a picture to myself and also a normal letter and it seems like i got the picture in the inbox that i sent and i see in transactions section in testnet wallet  that the transactions went thru  and getting some confirmations.

So i suspect maybe it was that i was still running old wallet maybe can you try and send email again rob with a picture.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2021, 10:11:08 AM »
Update:  I test sent a picture to myself and also a normal letter and it seems like i got the picture in the inbox that i sent and i see in transactions section in testnet wallet  that the transactions went thru  and getting some confirmations.

So i suspect maybe it was that i was still running old wallet maybe can you try and send email again rob with a picture.

Note: I need to reply to you about the mining reward, for the utxo also, thats great.

Hey I do know why you didnt get the pic , despite upgrading:  The email hash was still stored on the windows drive, and since it didnt change it still had the original 1.5crlfs...  So to re-test this, I can also send a brand new mail - which I will do now, but also just as a side mention:  On windows, you can delete :  %appdata%\biblepay\SAN\email*  if you want.  That should force the machine to pull in the old e-mails again and rewrite them.  You dont really have to do this as they will erase eventually anyway, just wanted to mention it.

On the thunderbird e-mail error, I think that one would have recovered by itself.  Every 5-10 mins the ports recycle and it was probably just recycling the port during pop3 retrieval.  So I think during the next poll, the email client would have gotten through...  let me know if you have any unrecoverable errors going forward.  I think even if you did not reboot the biblepaycore, it would have recovered, theoretically.

Let me send one now, and Ill get back again.