Bible Pay

Read 51272 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: February 2021 Testnet Thread (Tribulation)
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2021, 09:25:40 AM »
Sort of. I can help with specific tasks within my current knowledge, but if I have to do intense research about a topic which is completely new for me, then it may take me much longer.

I don’t know what this development would mean, but I would be happy to help if it is within my means.

Hi bro-

Yes that makes sense, it doesnt make a lot of sense to baptize you in fire for something when you can utilize your time somewhere else in BBP development more efficiently.

Also, we need to discuss the dynamic of going with plain vanilla merge mining - that might be a good idea for us since the sanctuaries fund our orphans.

Do you think we should do away with XMR raised orphan charity and make it plain vanilla merge mining, IE would that give us hundreds of more XMR miners, hence more users?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:37:37 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2021, 09:36:35 AM »
Hello Rob.

First of all yeah that AWS situation sucked, 25% sounds abit low i think they could have been generous and give you a 90% discount atleast but what can you do, life has to go on.

Hmm yeah its intresting perspective. And i suppose even if the 10% tithe would be removed, the donation adress still could exist.
Yeah i recon the userbase would go up quiet abit  with  fully merge-mining.

Looking at blockchains like decred, sia coin , etc etc that was  "merge-mining" compatible in claymores eth mining program.  those coins saw some huge userbase increase...

Indeed, i dont think merge-mining is a bad idea, but more how can we get the maximum response out of it.  More users and more trading, potentially more sponsorships for diffrent projects are all positive in my book.

Stay safe guys and speak to you laters.

PS: Looking forward testing out new UTXO staking on mainnet!

Yeah it should be interesting to test out UTXO on mainnet.

So good points, Im starting to think of other pros that plain vanilla merge mining might give us.  Theoretically if like you said, we gain a lot of users because of the freedom for a miner to go any mining pool and choose 'xmr+bbp', then we could effectively let those pools know how to add us (whereas right now its a rediculously high bar if you look at our pdf, you have to qualify as an engineer and a dba to launch a pool, plus make an honorable covenant and a lifetime pledge for support, and even a financial cost per month is high because of the way the VM is set up).

If we had a plain vanilla merge mine option and we did away with the 10% mining-tithe (and just to clarify very clearly BBP would still be giving to charity through both governance options + sanctuary sponsored orphans so Im not proposing to ditch our charity side at all proposing that the mining side might consider to drop this tithe), thereotically we would probably make up the charitable emission in other areas (as there is no free money or magic bullet anyway) - but let us assume that if our price stays where it is now, with 100 merge miners, first of all our sancs are actually underwater right now -- (the monthly expenses exceed the bbp revenue).  If more merge miners (with 0 spend for orphan charity) cause more interest and a higher price, then the sanctuary expenses become positive again (this is because expenses would again be less than revenue when bbp price > 1 satoshi).  I can't guess accurately, but I assume if we moved up from 2 microsats to even 2 satoshis, I believe our 50 sancs would then be generating a tiny profit.  That exceeds the current ecosystem where we raise $30-$300 per month in orphan revenue from XMR.  (Last month we only raised $30 through XMR revenue but sancs paid $1600).  As you can see our orphan expenses - the lions share is paid by the sancs anyway.

Im also thinking this might be good for our codebase.  We need to stay relatively clean and simple for new users to even understand us.  If our pool side gets cleaner, it might be better for us.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2021, 10:47:17 AM »
Aye i hear ya intresting thoughts.

Mmm thats why i was thinking in them terms , maybe we would gain more by , like you said, "plain vanilla merge mining"  instead of the tithe from the randomX mining.

Potentially more users and what not.

Yeah im also thinking if changes like that would come to the randomX part then wouldnt make much sence in putting in alot of hours just to make another pool option available, if u catch my drift..
So yeah alot of solid points there.

On another note  on mainnet i was making the user record but it didnt go thru for confirmations even tho i had like 11 connections. So i have now in middle of reindexing and i will try again and see if i can make a user record again.
I have mixed around on my home router abit so its possible i suppose i have changed some settings, port forwarding or what not.

Update: Well it seems the user record works now , probably i was stuck or something because the same user record that i created that wasnt broadcasting i see now has several hundred confirmations.
Aye will set up mail then and send you a letter Rob.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:12:31 PM by earlzmoade »
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2021, 11:21:44 AM »

Do you think we should do away with XMR raised orphan charity and make it plain vanilla merge mining, IE would that give us hundreds of more XMR miners, hence more users?

I think bringing new users is always a good idea, that means exposure, even if 1 out of 10 stays with us eventually, a 10% of many is still a good number.

• Ezequiel89

• March 10, 2021, 06:46:25 PM
    more
« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2021, 10:44:28 PM »
Hello, I would like to know more about this easystake innovation.
could someone do a tutorial with the step by step how to make this kind of stake? Please help me.
and also can i start with 500 bbp or can it only be done with high values?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #260 on: March 19, 2021, 10:37:06 AM »
Hello, I would like to know more about this easystake innovation.
could someone do a tutorial with the step by step how to make this kind of stake? Please help me.
and also can i start with 500 bbp or can it only be done with high values?

1) The biblepay coin must be between 10K-1MM.
2) We have a video for easystake here (see bottom area):
https://wiki.biblepay.org/UTXO_Mining

Thanks!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #261 on: March 23, 2021, 11:30:54 AM »
Thank you to everyone who helped us with the Tribulation version.

I would say it turned out to be a success overall, we are sending/receiving POP3 and we are UTXO staking!  Praise God!

Anyway, please join us in our Harvest testnet thread for testing of the next version of BiblePay.

I will be archiving this thread.

Thanks.