Read 14000 times

• Christblood
  • Developer

• April 20, 2022, 11:30:44 AM
    more
Wallet is not syncing
« on: September 17, 2022, 12:43:00 PM »
Greetings,

I have Biblepay on a Mac and since I'm a windows user I do not use the Mac as much.  It's strange that so much time has passed since I ran the wallet.

I love this project just have staked about 25 other coins and only about 5 have been worthwhile to this day.  About 5 others are still going but not that great.

So, I booted up the Mac with a commitment to keep it going and found that after about a day Bible pay is still not sync'd.  I looked in the Repair Wallet function
and was going to try one of those but thought I would check here first.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: Wallet is not syncing
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 07:32:46 PM »
Greetings,

I have Biblepay on a Mac and since I'm a windows user I do not use the Mac as much.  It's strange that so much time has passed since I ran the wallet.

I love this project just have staked about 25 other coins and only about 5 have been worthwhile to this day.  About 5 others are still going but not that great.

So, I booted up the Mac with a commitment to keep it going and found that after about a day Bible pay is still not sync'd.  I looked in the Repair Wallet function
and was going to try one of those but thought I would check here first.
Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't get the auto e-mail notification on this.

Are you still having this problem?

• Christblood
  • Developer

more
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 06:54:53 PM »
Yes. 

I don't always have the machine on but I've been trying to sync for about 3 days and it's not making much progress.

I do show connections. 

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 09:16:51 PM »
Yes. 

I don't always have the machine on but I've been trying to sync for about 3 days and it's not making much progress.

I do show connections.

Please tell me what wallet version you are running and if its QT and what OS are you on?
If your height is less than:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/

Then please post your log or e-mail it to [email protected] and we will get to the bottom of it.

No syncing problems imho have existed for about a year now on any of my machines or sancs.  Randomx has been Rock Solid.

• Christblood
  • Developer

more
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 03:29:29 PM »
1.6.2.9. Harvest.

It says "About QT " in the Mac menu so its probably a QT

OS 10.13.6

It's at 90% of Syncing Headers and it's stuck there.

I'm not sure how to find the log you mentioned.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 09:16:46 PM »
1.6.2.9. Harvest.

It says "About QT " in the Mac menu so its probably a QT

OS 10.13.6

It's at 90% of Syncing Headers and it's stuck there.

I'm not sure how to find the log you mentioned.

Oh yeah that explains it; we are up to 0.17.2.6 now.  Any version past the last mandatory upgrade wont sync anymore.

Btw, check out this wallet download page, we have the Latest Release (0.17.2.5) version listed as 'text' which shows the last mandatory version that actually works.
Whenever that changes, please upgrade.

https://www.biblepay.org/wallet/

The other problem is I'm not sure if the mac version was even released so I re-released it (click on the DMG to redownload it).
See me screen shot to show it syncing on the mac.

If you have any problems now, after confirming you are on 0.17.2.6, you can delete your :
~/Library/Application Support/Biblepay/  (Block chain specific folders, such as blocks), or easier you can restart the app with
Tools | Wallet Repair | Rebuild Index

Note: Always back up your wallet.dat before deleting chain files.

Good luck--

Rob

• Christblood
  • Developer

more
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 07:05:21 PM »
Thanks.

The problem now is that it's been five hours since I've shut down the old wallet, and I still cannot launch
the new one because it says the app cannot use the blockchain since the app is probably already running

Not being an advanced Mac user, I'm not sure how to kill a process, but it's probably easy to find.

I hope that won't corrupt the chain if its terminated.

• Christblood
  • Developer

more
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 07:17:51 PM »
It's looking good.

I killled the process and launched the new wallet and it's syncing fine!

So, I guess the coins mature which finishes the first stakes you created,  and then you reinvest your balance again if you want to get more stakes?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 07:22:43 PM »
It's looking good.

I killled the process and launched the new wallet and it's syncing fine!

So, I guess the coins mature which finishes the first stakes you created,  and then you reinvest your balance again if you want to get more stakes?

Hi CB,

Awesome man, great to hear you synced!  Sorry that was such a hassle to get synced.

As far as earning rewards, check out https://unchained.biblepay.org.  Right now there are 3 ways to earn (randomx mining, staking or running a sanc).

To stake you should set up a portfolio builder position over at unchained, and then it earns daily rewards.  Check out the portfolio builder page, there should be a wiki link on that page to get started.

• GeorgeCig

• February 05, 2024, 07:55:21 AM
    more
Help set up bbp mining.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2024, 09:04:25 AM »
Hello everyone, I am new to mining BiblePay and I could use some guidance on setting up my mining operation. I have downloaded the necessary software and created a wallet, but I am not quite sure how to start mining. Can someone please walk me through the steps to get started with bbp mining? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!