• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BIBLEPAY - RANDOMX INTEGRATION
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2020, 07:36:04 PM »
1.5.0.3-Mandatory Upgrade for TestNet

- Ensure with chainlocks disabled, we can still sync from 0
- Ensure RX performance does not impact initial sync performance
- Add mutex around multithreaded rx queries, and solve initial singlethreaded lock issue
- Merge Marcus Antonios language translations from https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=494.new#new
- Ensure VersionMessage is handled properly in this branch

** All versions are ready **
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 10:04:07 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2020, 09:21:09 PM »
XMRIG - 5.6.1-Leisure Upgrade for TestNet

- Pass actual share difficulty through to miner as first solved
parameter, and Solved share difficulty as second param (in brackets) for
each solved share, and add network latency to each solved share
- Modify code to be more compatible with future xmrig changes

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2020, 08:44:57 AM »
XMRIG - 5.6.1-Leisure Upgrade for TestNet

- Pass actual share difficulty through to miner as first solved
parameter, and Solved share difficulty as second param (in brackets) for
each solved share, and add network latency to each solved share
- Modify code to be more compatible with future xmrig changes

ill be trying out 5.6.1 out later tonight on both windows and linux over the weekend.
Been running 5.6.0 on linux for 18h and it seems real stable for me,  not many rejects at all. accepted 1776/22 this with  Bbp 10 difficulty.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2020, 09:03:08 AM »
ill be trying out 5.6.1 out later tonight on both windows and linux over the weekend.
Been running 5.6.0 on linux for 18h and it seems real stable for me,  not many rejects at all. accepted 1776/22 this with  Bbp 10 difficulty.

Thats great!

Yeah, I think the issues were on my end due to hardware.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2020, 10:06:01 AM »
So it looks like all the testnet versions have been compiled.  Once you all upgrade can we please do a hash test?  Here is my hash test:

10:04:55

getblockhash 30197

10:04:55

2275f97ab020e94e4c4298798f55290764941daa92ef49a07b5fbef31adc2d4a

Once I know the entire network agrees then we can move on to testing that sancs still work properly.

Feel free to recreate your sancs.

Btw, they all say ENABLED in testnet because when chainlocks is off, they don't get ddosed.  So please ignore the status until we turn on chainlocks again.

Another words, they are all most likely down actually and they actually need revived.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2020, 10:08:02 AM »
Do you guys feel optimistic about this idea?  IE have we come up wtih something good for orphan charity?
Imo, I think its a pretty good pool/system, in that you get two reward streams.  If I was a monero miner I think Id do this , even without helping charity.  Adding orphans on for me is a huge plus on top of that even.

I feel this is an underestimated idea.  As if it should attract a few thousands miners in one year.  I see there are 50,000 connections to minexmr, so we have plenty to pull in if they get wind of this.

We will probably need to run multiple pools to handle the load; probably one pool per 1000 users, etc.  But we can do that, given that our price should rise for each 1000 miners.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2020, 10:34:07 AM »
From my perspective i was really hyped for the monero changing alghorithm from cryptonight to randomx because i already  had a bunch of cpus, and i think monero has a bright future so i want to support them.

Same time i really liked the idea of Bbp, giving to charity and all.
So then it was like shall i mine xmr or bbp cant do both on my cpus.. well dilemmas were rising.

Now  i think you might have hit the  jackpot, i mean xmr preety stable in price and all.  Also hopefully alot more help for those in need.  I belive alot of people are intrested in dual mining aswell. In the end i support monero network , bpp aswell and also can help some people in need. Cant ask for much more.

• oncoapop

• October 23, 2018, 12:31:17 PM
    more
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2020, 11:06:37 AM »
From my perspective i was really hyped for the monero changing alghorithm from cryptonight to randomx because i already  had a bunch of cpus, and i think monero has a bright future so i want to support them.

So then it was like shall i mine xmr or bbp cant do both on my cpus.. well dilemmas were rising.

Now  i think you might have hit the  jackpot, i mean xmr preety stable in price and all.  Also hopefully alot more help for those in need.  I belive alot of people are intrested in dual mining aswell. In the end i support monero network , bpp aswell and also can help some people in need. Cant ask for much more.

Thank you.

1. Firstly as you realized that I have not been able to recreate my sancs as somehow none of wallets were able to sync past 28010 and those that did at the correct hash as you published were empty.

2. Hence I would appreciate it if you could kindly send sufficent tBBP to be able to recreate the number of sancs that you would require me to setup in testnet. Address: yfAMxhGyQUXSAaPeV7d7YfhmQnY9o6utwA. Thank you.

3, I have been dual mining XMR + BBP at the moment (without synced BBP wallets). This innovative strategy is great, I really like the pace of innovation at BBP, though it can be challenging to keep up at times! I like the idea but have no idea how it will affect the long term economics. One needs to calculate the optimal ABN such that it manages to sustain the price of BBP assuming a large percentage of new XMR+BBP miners liquidate their BBP.

Thank you.

• oncoapop

more
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2020, 11:30:45 AM »
Could you also kindly post the updated binaries for linux_x86. For some reason, the wallet is not able to start when using the downloaded binaries:

Code: [Select]
.error: couldn't connect to server: unknown (code -1)
(make sure server is running and you are connecting to the correct RPC port)

My larger servers can compile 1.5.0.3+ from source code and the wallets sync to the published height and hash but my smaller machines are unable to complete the task.

>cli -version
BiblePay Core RPC client version 1.5.0.3

>block

>cli getblockhash 30211
82a5ef56631f932affee373ec8151f42e4472d0081969ceddc720d2ab305afda

Thank you.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2020, 12:45:18 PM »
Thank you.

1. Firstly as you realized that I have not been able to recreate my sancs as somehow none of wallets were able to sync past 28010 and those that did at the correct hash as you published were empty.

2. Hence I would appreciate it if you could kindly send sufficent tBBP to be able to recreate the number of sancs that you would require me to setup in testnet. Address: yfAMxhGyQUXSAaPeV7d7YfhmQnY9o6utwA. Thank you.

3, I have been dual mining XMR + BBP at the moment (without synced BBP wallets). This innovative strategy is great, I really like the pace of innovation at BBP, though it can be challenging to keep up at times! I like the idea but have no idea how it will affect the long term economics. One needs to calculate the optimal ABN such that it manages to sustain the price of BBP assuming a large percentage of new XMR+BBP miners liquidate their BBP.

Thank you.

i  have no sanctuaries yet.  I have alot of these  tbbp i send over for you.

• oncoapop

more
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2020, 01:03:47 PM »
i  have no sanctuaries yet.  I have alot of these  tbbp i send over for you.

Thank you, earlzmoade!
Blessings,
Oncoapop

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2020, 01:57:07 PM »
Btw Rob i noticed diff seems ok on output in xmrig now, just wondering all Xmr charity chares always show 0 ms for me.

Shouldnt it be mixed like normal xmr shares like some show 60 ms, others 77 ms and so on..

Anyways great job on latest release!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2020, 06:18:02 PM »
Btw Rob i noticed diff seems ok on output in xmrig now, just wondering all Xmr charity chares always show 0 ms for me.

Shouldnt it be mixed like normal xmr shares like some show 60 ms, others 77 ms and so on..

Anyways great job on latest release!

Thanks a lot!
So trying to reproduce the 'latency' display, Im running 5.6.1 for windows:  I can see the Diff, (solved diff) then the latency.

For XMR I see 121 ms in parentheses and for BBP 120 ms in parentheses.

EDIT: OK - I see what you mean on XMR-Charity, yes, something is wrong in there, I will look at this!

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 06:30:14 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2020, 06:22:17 PM »
Could you also kindly post the updated binaries for linux_x86. For some reason, the wallet is not able to start when using the downloaded binaries:

.error: couldn't connect to server: unknown (code -1)
(make sure server is running and you are connecting to the correct RPC port)

My larger servers can compile 1.5.0.3+ from source code and the wallets sync to the published height and hash but my smaller machines are unable to complete the task.

>cli -version
BiblePay Core RPC client version 1.5.0.3

>block

>cli getblockhash 30211
82a5ef56631f932affee373ec8151f42e4472d0081969ceddc720d2ab305afda

Thank you.

1) Thanks, thats great on the hash btw, ours match.

2) On the binary, could you please tell me, on the downloaded linux binary, tell me the version in your getinfo?  It should be 1503 (or from the RPC tab).  Btw, you can try re-syncing with -erasechain=1 first.  (If you are running 1503).  If its not 1503 we need to make a release, which I dont mind making if its not 1503.  But it could be you have a bad block in the file from 1502, as we had a bug in 1502.  Once you resync your old funds should reappear as we did not veer off the big time original 300 million we made when we created the sancs.  Just let me know on the version and ill be glad to add a compile step to keep pressure from asking MIP.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2020, 06:29:40 PM »

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better; I think a lot of miners will share the same thoughts!

And I think miners will be more compassionate than we think, especially if they can earn two coins that might be worth more in the future.

The other nice thing this clears up is the issue where we view mining as an expense (like I originally did in the early days).  I feel with the charity aspect in the mix, this makes the miners more of the 'heroes'.  Another words, I look at a miner as 'helping' our cause now, as they are paying for the orphans and donating precious electricity to sponsor orphans.  So they become the heroes in this case, which I think is huge for the total team morale; another words in the early days, it was sort of a union vs. company mantra, the miners are spending the money but providing security.  In this system its more of the miners are donating compassionately , and are not an expense, but the co-mvp's for success, etc.