Bible Pay

Read 4553 times

BiblePay.org Website: Work by zthomasz (Feb 25 thru Apr 16)
« on: April 16, 2018, 03:53:15 PM »
Thanks to everyone for approving my previous proposal for website improvements. I finished the makeover as planned, and since then have continued to work on the site, edit and add content, links and do some general maintenance.

I’m also working with Jaap, April & Togo on a new site that will provide viewers easier access to resources tailored for individual needs. It is designed to enhance the web experience for both novice users and experienced cryptocurrency enthusiasts alike. We’re excited about this new phase of our web strategy and anticipate completion within the next few weeks.

This proposal is an invoice for the hours I’ve worked since completing my original proposal. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Time Log:

Current website: 23 hours
   Create new content
   Edit existing content/text
   Add links for various resources
   Manually update roadmap
   Create object to auto-update wallet version
   iFrame to auto-update Roadmap
   CSS for section alignment
   Add auto .png for wallet version updates 

New Website: 9.5 hrs
   Setup a test WordPress website
   Install Avada Theme & Charity demo
   Design & Planning calls with web team
   Correspondence review
   Layout & wireframe drafts
   Images research, selection & edits
   Boilerplate submission review & editing

Total Hours: 32.5

1 BBP = $0.003147 (coinmarketcap.com April 16, 2018 1:00 PM CT)
Hourly Rate: $35.00 = 11,122 BBP

32.5 hours x 11,122 BBP = 361,465 BBP

The requested amount for this proposal is 361,465 BBP.

Thanks again!

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Re: BiblePay.org Website: Work by zthomasz (Feb 25 thru Apr 16)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 04:33:04 PM »
Awesome!

Just a heads up, currently if all proposals currently passing pass that comes out to 15,058,821 BBP
There is only 15,375,000 BBP in the budget, leaving 316,179 BBP leftover which is below the amount requested for this proposal.
So this proposal may knock out another proposal, or be pushed to next budget cycle.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 04:42:02 PM »
Awesome!

Just a heads up, currently if all proposals currently passing pass that comes out to 15,058,821 BBP
There is only 15,375,000 BBP in the budget, leaving 316,179 BBP leftover which is below the amount requested for this proposal.
So this proposal may knock out another proposal, or be pushed to next budget cycle.

Yeah, I just added a proposal for 316,000 BBP for Cryptoshots 'Awareness Tour Phase 2', but then I realized that Thomas' proposal wasn't included in the available total budget yet. Well, if there are more budgets than there is budget, I guess we'll have a 'battle of the votes'?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »
Im glad we are making the site even better!  Great job!

We have a complex system, so I think we require a little more than the average site, with active Orphanage partners, PODC, Mining guides, Blogs, Governance, etc, but we'll get there.

One concern I did have is the use of wordpress plugins.  Our host gave me a call and said we pegged the servers performance within 48 hours, so I upped the monthly service level to the "supreme" plan, but then the server ran out of memory.  We looked at the plugins briefly and the host seems to think some of these are chained together (IE one developer of one plugin doesn't know it affects the performance of another).  So maybe when we have some time, if we could try to eliminate all the plugins and go with native wordpress?  (Or move away from wordpress altogether).

Btw I know Im supposed to look at the test site and the roadmap, I will do that soon, the families taxes have interfered this week.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:31:54 PM »
Awesome!

Thanks Togo!

I deleted the old Compassion proposal and re-entered a new one for 4.6MM to rectify this issue.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:40:13 PM by Rob A. »

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 07:30:26 PM »
Im glad we are making the site even better!  Great job!

We have a complex system, so I think we require a little more than the average site, with active Orphanage partners, PODC, Mining guides, Blogs, Governance, etc, but we'll get there.

One concern I did have is the use of wordpress plugins.  Our host gave me a call and said we pegged the servers performance within 48 hours, so I upped the monthly service level to the "supreme" plan, but then the server ran out of memory.  We looked at the plugins briefly and the host seems to think some of these are chained together (IE one developer of one plugin doesn't know it affects the performance of another).  So maybe when we have some time, if we could try to eliminate all the plugins and go with native wordpress?  (Or move away from wordpress altogether).

Btw I know Im supposed to look at the test site and the roadmap, I will do that soon, the families taxes have interfered this week.

You're going to love the new site, it will be far more extensive than the current one. We'll give you a peek within the next couple of weeks. :)

The only plugins we use at biblepay.org now are BeaverBuilder and a basic back-up plugin. I've had several WordPress websites running smoothly on a single server for 3 or 4 years, they all use a variety of plugins with no issues. Please send me the Vultr diagnosis info and I'll look into it, hopefully it was just a bug in one of the plugins that we no longer use that came with the initial install package.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 04:30:10 AM »
Maybe we could make use of cache server plugins (like WP Super Cache) and run database optimizations with WP-Optimize for example.

There are even plugins that render the entire site as a static html for faster processing.

In my personal experience, the Wordpress site should absolutely not run on high resources in it's current simple incarnation.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 05:30:08 PM »
yes, I agree.