Bible Pay

Read 3710 times

Greetings!
I would like to introduce to all the Russian and Ukrainian Bible translations for BiblePay! I will be very happy if speakers of these languages can read the Bible in their own language!  :D

The translation and editing process took more than 68 hours.

The requested amount is 1M BBP.

For Rob: The text of the translations is not changed, but the numbering of some books and texts (for example, the book of Psalms) does not coincide with those in the original translation, because it is brought into line with those of the King James Bible. The total number of lines in each translation corresponds to that in the translation of King James and amounts to 31102 lines.

God bless you!

By the way, source code of the program with new translations of the Bible, you can find in my repository: https://github.com/Marcus-Antonio/biblepay

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Greetings!
I would like to introduce to all the Russian and Ukrainian Bible translations for BiblePay! I will be very happy if speakers of these languages can read the Bible in their own language!  :D

The translation and editing process took more than 68 hours.

The requested amount is 1M BBP.

For Rob: The text of the translations is not changed, but the numbering of some books and texts (for example, the book of Psalms) does not coincide with those in the original translation, because it is brought into line with those of the King James Bible. The total number of lines in each translation corresponds to that in the translation of King James and amounts to 31102 lines.

God bless you!

Sorry for the delay (I wasnt watching for new forum threads) but now I am watching this thread.

So this is very impressive, thanks Marcus and - God bless you too.

It looks like you did a complete translation like we did from CNV (but, I assume the KJV was not readily available so you had to do a lot of work by hand!).

Im looking at the Russian translation now:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Marcus-Antonio/biblepay/master/src/rst.cpp

So, I assume you made it so they can choose to read in RST somehow.

The great news is now that we have RandomX, I believe we can safely merge this into testnet.

Ill try to move this in tomorrow.

Yes, we should have a dropdown so we can choose:  EN, CNV, RST (and whatever the Ukraine is also)!

This is very helpful because I can see as we near Daniels 70th week, those that are left behind in the trib, Or those that are persecuted might end up having the internet shut off and the bibles taken from them.  This is a very important step to having an extra bible available to people in strange places, etc.

Thank you - brother Marcus!

EDIT:  I see we already have a drop-down on our Bible viewer page (EN | CNV).  Sweet.  I will ensure this works with the two new translations after merging into testnet!

So the only downside with more big classes is we will increase our compile time, but for God, anything is worth the effort to serve HIM!  Praise God.  Besides we require a pretty big memory footprint now with RX (so raspberry pi-s are probably out of this game anyway at this point).

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:35:01 PM by Rob Andrews »