Bible Pay

Read 303019 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Sounds good on the promo codes, certainly very neat idea, and one that I certainly think could attract some more users. One quick note, if someone did make an offer of an NFT, how does the seller see and/or accept that offer? Thanks for your help,
May God bless you all,
twinkle

Our current marketplace is not very advanced, not yet like ebay lol, but it does have a couple simple rules to get us off the ground.
1) If you set a Reserve Amount, the item can receive offers (making it an Auction or a buy-it-now item).
2) Offers must be higher than your minimum bid amount.  People can see the high offer inside the marketplace under high offer.
3) If an Offer is made that is Greater than your Reserve amount, that offer is memorized by the pool.
4) If your item has an offer greater than your reserve 14 days after the first valid high offer on the nft, we automatically accept the *highest* offer on that 14th day and sell it to them, charge them, and we email you and them notifying you of the sale.
5) We do not have the ability to 'approve offers' yet.  We simply have a wait til 14 day duration (after the first valid offer) rule ends.
6) If you do not want offers you can set reserve price to 0 and it is then just a buy it now nft.

8000 BBP
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 12:56:51 PM by Rob Andrews »

• twinkle

• May 12, 2021, 09:05:47 AM
    more
All right, thanks a ton, that clears up a lot! I am actually glad that this is the answer to the NFT confusion, and not that I messed up in the NFT minting process or whatever. Also, nice work on the text change you did in the NFT browser section, that definitely makes it a lot easier to read out the descriptions, especially for the longer ones, like the one that I did! Furthermore, thanks for the bit on how the offers work, definitely makes sense.
Thanks again for the clarification/help.
May God bless you all,
twinkle

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Sounds good on the promo codes, certainly very neat idea, and one that I certainly think could attract some more users. One quick note, if someone did make an offer of an NFT, how does the seller see and/or accept that offer? Thanks for your help,
May God bless you all,
twinkle

And thanks for testing it Twinkle, I think we just made the system better because of these basic operations.

I find it extremely interesting that your John 3:16 verse pops up with the 'reftagger' expansion on the NFT...  Thats because we put the reftagger in the pool site for the benefit of the wiki articles about Jesus, never realizing they would pop up with NFT verses (LOL), thats good.

8000 BBP

• twinkle

more
Totally, no sweat at all! I saw that thing pop up with the Bible verse too, it is actually really neat, and definitely adds to the overall feel and user interface offered. I am going to be composing the last edition of this letter (email, actually) that I will send to some companies, but I want to make it as official as possible. I will post my rough idea of it before I send it to the companies, and I was thinking that it might look a bit better if: a: I don't sign it personally, but rather as "Team BiblePay" or something like that, and b: if it is sent from a reputable looking business related address. So, maybe I send it from the inbuilt BBP email in PC wallet or through my account here? That should work, right? I honestly have not tried out the PC wallet email address yet, but just want to make sure that we send the right impression with this letter, so I will definitely not rush the process at all.
Thanks again for your help,
May God bless you,
twinkle

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Totally, no sweat at all! I saw that thing pop up with the Bible verse too, it is actually really neat, and definitely adds to the overall feel and user interface offered. I am going to be composing the last edition of this letter (email, actually) that I will send to some companies, but I want to make it as official as possible. I will post my rough idea of it before I send it to the companies, and I was thinking that it might look a bit better if: a: I don't sign it personally, but rather as "Team BiblePay" or something like that, and b: if it is sent from a reputable looking business related address. So, maybe I send it from the inbuilt BBP email in PC wallet or through my account here? That should work, right? I honestly have not tried out the PC wallet email address yet, but just want to make sure that we send the right impression with this letter, so I will definitely not rush the process at all.
Thanks again for your help,
May God bless you,
twinkle

Well the biblepaycore smtp sender does not actually support sending into the internet yet-- it can only either A) Receive pop3 from other biblepaycore addresses, or B) Send SMTP to other core wallet users.  So yeah you would have to send it from your personal e-mail address.  We have a Tweet-from-pool feature where we send it to the 1,500 pool e-mail addresses but thats pretty limited to our current user base.  I can give you some free credits in the pool if you ever need to use that feature (to tweet something out).

8000 BBP

• twinkle

more
Alright, I will definitely keep that in mind, I will probably have an answer within a few days or so, but thanks for your feedback on the emailing, I was definitely not sure about its capabilities, so your response definitely cleared up some things.
Have a great rest of your day, and may God bless you all!
twinkle

1000 BBP

• talisman

• March 26, 2018, 07:42:24 AM
    more
Hi Talisman,

I believe the issue you are running into is probably something very simple disguised by a confusing error message.

First ensure that the wallet is unlocked, and that your unspent coins are between 1000 and 10MM bbp each.  If they arent, try the 'bankroll 10 100000' for example, just to ensure thats not the problem.

Im leaning towards the wallet being locked.  It should be that simple; technically we auto-allocate the amount from PM now not requiring the bankroll.
If it does not work, please check the debug.log for a strange error message and let us know.

8000 BBP

Hi Rob!

It was indeed the wallet lock preventing the submission. Once I unlocked, Portfolio Builder did its job smoothly.

I like the new look and features available. Thanks and kudos for the great job!

1300 BBP

• alee67

• May 25, 2020, 05:29:56 AM
    more
I had no problems creating a BBP only stake.  Thanks for the referral reward, Rob!

Now I'm trying to create a BTC stake, but when I paste the BTC address I copied from Trust Wallet, bc1q08tkcyac8dzwm5wzxacy898g2fu69nsj2kf7fc, Portfolio Builder says "Address invalid." when I click on either "Submit" or "Query UTXO."  Why isn't this working for me?

• sntjo2847

• May 21, 2021, 02:55:13 PM
    more
I had no problems creating a BBP only stake.  Thanks for the referral reward, Rob!

Now I'm trying to create a BTC stake, but when I paste the BTC address I copied from Trust Wallet, bc1q08tkcyac8dzwm5wzxacy898g2fu69nsj2kf7fc, Portfolio Builder says "Address invalid." when I click on either "Submit" or "Query UTXO."  Why isn't this working for me?
My guess is that it is because it is because that is a Bech32 format address, which I think is not as widely supported. That is in contrast to P2SH or the (legacy) P2PKH, which are 34 characters long. Bech32 is longer, and there is more than one option for length.

I just checked and it looks like the code checks for the BTC address to be 34 characters long, and gives an Address Invalid error message if it is not.

• sntjo2847

• May 21, 2021, 02:55:13 PM
    more
To add to this:
It looks like the api provider BiblePay uses (blockchair) supports Bech32 format addresses just like the other addresses. So theoretically it should fix it by changing the length check in rpcpog ValidateAddress3.
Notes:
Bech32 address is variable in length, so it should not be checked against a static number. Instead it should be checked against min/max length, as well as starting with the correct prefix.
Note that it appears that LTC also supports Bech32. These have a different prefix than bitcoin Bech32 prefixes.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
BiblePay - 1.6.2.8 - Leisure Upgrade

- Fix the supply figure in 'gettxoutsetinfo' rpc call (it was doubled in error).
- Machine language fix for arm64 compatibility
- Correct the DWU% calculation in Portfolio Builder to be accurate (and the drill in the leaderboard) and increase font size.
- Correct the global transaction fee calculation to be accurate (IE lower than 100 bbp, ~IE 1-5 bbp for small txs)
- Add support for BTC/Bech32 (42 character) addresses
- Chainz, our block explorer, has upgraded!  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/

8000 BBP
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 09:25:41 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

Yeah, it was due to our address length check on BTC; I have added the 42 char (bech32) support to 1.6.2.8 - please see latest release above.

Please try now!

8000 BBP

• alee67

• May 25, 2020, 05:29:56 AM
    more
Yeah, it was due to our address length check on BTC; I have added the 42 char (bech32) support to 1.6.2.8 - please see latest release above.

Please try now!

8000 BBP

It seems to be accepting the address now, though now it doesn't seem to be working because I didn't have enough BTC to put a '0' between the PIN and the rest of the amount.  I think I'll be converting it to something else, which means I'll have to spend even more on network fees to send my BTC to an exchange.  I'm certainly never going to use BTC to buy coffee or pizza.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
It seems to be accepting the address now, though now it doesn't seem to be working because I didn't have enough BTC to put a '0' between the PIN and the rest of the amount.  I think I'll be converting it to something else, which means I'll have to spend even more on network fees to send my BTC to an exchange.  I'm certainly never going to use BTC to buy coffee or pizza.

Yeah, I hear you, I was going through the same thing in TestNet when I wanted to test BTC.  If you add three zeroes before your pin, (IE .00012345) it gets it down to about $20 at the end, but nevertheless thats a lot of money to make an 'adjustment'.   (Same goes for ethereum, as far as network fees).

DOGE is turning out to be very valuable for those type of things.

Of course Stellar only costs .01 to make an adjustment.

8000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Congratulations to whoever bought an NFT!  Someone bought someone elses NFT, the one with the clock, for 55K.

At least we are starting to see a use case for these!

Todd is in the process of creating a few Orphan NFTs for us, he's got the mac client working.

8000 BBP