Bible Pay

Read 298347 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
So I'm pretty excited about the ideas that have been coming in on our weekly prayer call (which still happens on Sunday btw, I'll repost it in case anyone has missed it).

I have a list of priorities and this next item seems to be surfacing near the top so I'll explain it a little.

On a side note, I'm still working on the Amazon integration in the UK.  I heard that MIP is interested in testing and buying a few things through it.  We have Germany mostly available, but I would need someone like Dave_BBP to volunteer to help test it (IE agree to have a few things shipped to your house).

So, this next idea is making Portfolio Builder positions compatible with Orphan-charity.  The idea is to provide a checkbox that allows 10% of your portfolio builder earnings to go to orphan charity (and this would be designated on each new position record).  So for example, if you create a new position and check the box for "Tithe 10% to orphan charity" that new position would automatically give 10% to orphans; however positions that Don't have it checked would still earn 100%.  You can also mix and match positions of course. 

I'm also adding an option to create and/or export a portfolio builder position for another person.  The idea here is if you are a fund manager, you can create a position for another address, and export it to a flash drive.  When that person is old enough or reaches the milestone, they will import it into their biblepay core wallet and have the option to spend it.  (This is a managed retirement account).

8300 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Recurring - Weekly BiblePay Prayer Call - Business Update

Continuing this Sunday at 2PM CST/7PM UTC (July 10th, 2021) we will be holding our third 60 minute prayer call (and business update):

The agenda:
30 minutes: Prayers with Evangelist Patrick & Rob (this includes prayers for the world, our prayer list, warfare, healing, and finally
 BiblePays future).
15 minutes: Business Update (what we are working on and important immediate issues, new ideas for the Christian dashboard)
15 minutes: Questions from Pat or the audience

Who is Evangelist Pat?  He is our prayer co-captain and founder of Haven of Refuge, a ministry that specializes in deliverance from PTSD.

Please join us on Sunday:

https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/rob8694/host

NOTE:  This is a recurring prayer call for every Sunday, so unless we change the schedule we will automatically continue this every week.

8300 BBP

• dave_bbp

• April 11, 2020, 12:25:14 PM
    more
1) On the sanc wallet resyncing, could be that it needs the "-erasechain=1" done once.  The old block chain is no good to this code branch.  Once its up and running and synced, it will not resync by itself again.

2) The command on the controller should be 'exec upgradesanc MN1'.  Maybe the manual omitted that part.

3) Your sancs list will be empty until you get past the upgradesanc (then it will show a sanc with a bad IP address), then after the revivesanc, it should show the correct info.

Thanks. indeed, the "exec" is missing in the guide (with upgradesanc as well as revivesanc).

The upgradesanc worked fine now, but I was then stuck on the "revivesanc" with  "masternode with proTxHash 87...." not found.
 The issue was, that it used my old proTxHash (from when I did the deterministic sanc many months ago).
I then deleted the old output from deterministic.conf and now it is running.

Of course it's currently POOS_BANNED (700), but that's probably because it's basically a new sanc. I'll E-Mail Todd the new child-ID and everything should be fine. ;)

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Thanks. indeed, the "exec" is missing in the guide (with upgradesanc as well as revivesanc).

The upgradesanc worked fine now, but I was then stuck on the "revivesanc" with  "masternode with proTxHash 87...." not found.
 The issue was, that it used my old proTxHash (from when I did the deterministic sanc many months ago).
I then deleted the old output from deterministic.conf and now it is running.

Of course it's currently POOS_BANNED (700), but that's probably because it's basically a new sanc. I'll E-Mail Todd the new child-ID and everything should be fine. ;)

1000 BBP

Great, I just added Exec to the guide in 3 places.

There is an instruction manual online for Dash, on how to create a deterministic masternode, however, it is very complicated and I feel this easysanc method is still the easiest way.  As a matter of fact, I still use this method to create new sancs now.  The only advantage to using dash's method is you can choose a 'voting address' (a distinct address to vote from) and custom payout percentages, but we can expose that later anyway.  (Actually the user can still change those with the dash proRegUpdSvc methods at a later time).

The POOS Banned is OK as long as you dont go above 700 to 800.  700 means your sanc is functioning and working, so thats great.  I had to switch my sanc IDs with Todd also, please give him a few days just in case....  In a couple hours, your 'masternode status' should show READY... 

Awesome!

Btw chainlocks are enabled, if you want to see the chainlock status, type 'getblock height'.

8300 BBP

• sntjo2847

• May 21, 2021, 02:55:13 PM
    more
Is the EasySanc guide the way to setup a tier 2 sanctuary? Obviously without sending the 4.5 million BBP.
I was thinking about setting one up to help the network since I do not have enough BBP for a regular sanctuary.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Is the EasySanc guide the way to setup a tier 2 sanctuary? Obviously without sending the 4.5 million BBP.
I was thinking about setting one up to help the network since I do not have enough BBP for a regular sanctuary.

Hi,
On a side note do you prefer to be called bro. Joseph, or is your handle based on St. Joseph with the coat of many colors?

The tier 2 sanc still requires the normal 4.5MM collateral; but does not require sponsorship of an orphan.  So basically, with the full collateral + sponsorship, you receive the full reward.  With full collateral without sponsorship, you receive the 250BBP per block (tier 2 reward)...  Thanks for thinking of us though...  You can still invest a fractional sanc of course but it doesnt help the network in the same way a real sanc does.

8300 BBP

• twinkle

• May 12, 2021, 09:05:47 AM
    more
Quick q, everyone. Is there a reason why all of a sudden I have -30k bbp in my Foundation account? Maybe some weird effect of the Amazon coupon? I had like +6k in it before.
Thanks so much, and may God bless you all, and your loved ones.
twinkle

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Quick q, everyone. Is there a reason why all of a sudden I have -30k bbp in my Foundation account? Maybe some weird effect of the Amazon coupon? I had like +6k in it before.
Thanks so much, and may God bless you all, and your loved ones.
twinkle

I was doing a little db maintenance to consolidate the forum reward and sanc reward records into one; I see there was an issue; should be fixed now.

8300 BBP

• sntjo2847

more
Hi,
On a side note do you prefer to be called bro. Joseph, or is your handle based on St. Joseph with the coat of many colors?

The tier 2 sanc still requires the normal 4.5MM collateral; but does not require sponsorship of an orphan.  So basically, with the full collateral + sponsorship, you receive the full reward.  With full collateral without sponsorship, you receive the 250BBP per block (tier 2 reward)...  Thanks for thinking of us though...  You can still invest a fractional sanc of course but it doesnt help the network in the same way a real sanc does.

8300 BBP
I actually like both of those, so either way is fine.  :)

I guess the only reason to run a tier 2 sanctuary is to help the network then. Since it currently rewards less than Portfolio Builder. That is as compared to with external currency, it is close enough to the same as bbp only.

• sntjo2847

more
The explorer has been down for a few days. Do you have someone that you can contact to get it fixed?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
The explorer has been down for a few days. Do you have someone that you can contact to get it fixed?

Wow, I didnt know that.  Actually Chainz has been stellar for us for long swaths of time so this is unusual.

Alright Bro. Joseph-- I notified chainz.

Yeah, 10-4 on sancs paying less than portfolio builder...  One handy piece of advice I give is the Fractional Sanctuary page actually shows the exact ROI earned for a sanc including the expense, so its a handy gauge to know when our sancs actually pay more than portfolio builder.  (There are times when they paid 100% ROI, because our price was higher therefore the expense component was negligible).

Thanks!

8300 BBP
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 01:46:28 PM by Rob Andrews »

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more

We have created a new backup explorer using Trezor’s Blockbook codebase

https://blockbook.biblepay.org/

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
We have created a new backup explorer using Trezor’s Blockbook codebase

https://blockbook.biblepay.org/

This is truly an amazing improvement, MIP!

Thats awesome!

And its also so cool that we will be able to add Biblepay to Trust Wallet soon!

Its also very exciting that we will be one step closer to integrating with actual Trezor hardware too!

What astounding improvements for BiblePay.

Thank you.

Also, thank you for donating the computer time and running another explorer for us on your hardware!

8300 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
We need more testers for Unchained:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=780.0

I will make a post explaining the new feature that needs tested:
It has to do with Distinct upvoting- please see the latest post.

8300 BBP

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
  They don't know how to get the BBP out.  We have a tool that you can use to move your funds out of BRD and into the PC.  Ill ask MIP if he can post that here.

The way to get funds back from mobile wallet 12-word seed are:

- Open the BIP39 mnemonic tool https://www.biblepay.org/mobile/Mnemonic.html
- Preferably, go offline.
- Populate the 12-word seed in "BIP39 Mnemonic" box
- Choose BBP in the "Coin"  select (preferably choose BTC, then back BBP for the interface to react and recalculate)
- Go to "Derivation Path" section and choose "BIP32" tab
- Choose "Custom derivation path" in the Client select.
- In "BIP32 Derivation Path", enter m/0'/0 to obtain account addresses, and m/0'/1 to obtain change addresses of the mobile wallet.
- You will see below the list of addresses and the private keys of your mobile wallet.
- Take those with funds and do a "importprivkey private_key" for each one on the Desktop client console.
- You will see your funds in the Desktop Wallet.