Bible Pay

Read 298512 times

• sntjo2847

• May 21, 2021, 02:55:13 PM
    more
Thanks!

Its using the BBP/BTC market on SX;  right now it only updates our price hourly and the pool takes the risk to lower volatility; Im sure there will be wild swings but the way I look at it is our price is low so the pool should be fine in the long run.
That's good that it is using the BBP/BTC so the volatility should be a lot less than with the BBP/USD.
By the pool, do you mean the foundation mining pool? Either way it should be fine in the long run. As well as great for the future of BiblePay!

• twinkle

• May 12, 2021, 09:05:47 AM
    more
DUDE THIS IS INSANE. This Amazon integration is literally something that I think no other cryptocurrency has at the moment. Man, I am so pumped. This really does sound like a fantastic time to do a lot of the reaching out to companies. I have been really busy with college lately, so that has been keeping me from working on the email and emailing list too much. But, I am going to re-double my efforts. This really does seem like this has to make the currency so much more appealing and useful to everyone. I just looked it up, and the only way I could find online for people to be able to spend their crypto was to first convert it into fiat or gift cards, and THEN spend it. This really does streamline the process so much! Really nice work, let's keep it up!
May God bless you all, and may all glory go to Him alone from this project,
twinkle

1000 BBP

• twinkle

more
One quick Q I had for it, though. Rob, are you having to order all of this yourself after we "buy" it on the store page? Or, is there some sort of system by which it can actually convert the spent BBP to fiat and then spend it on the item immediately through Amazon? I am just wondering about how this sort of thing could scale in the future.
Thanks, and may God bless you all!
twinkle

1000 BBP

• twinkle

more
WOW THIS IS SO CLEAN! I just added a product to the store, and it IMMEDIATELY went up. Insane. So, just to be clear, what would happen if I tried to add a product that was not prime? I will definitely help with getting as many products on here as I can!
May God bless you all,
twinkle

1000 BBP

• twinkle

more
Also, real quick, how is it that I am supposed to update to 1.6.2.9? I am having some issues with it, as I download the zip file that is updated, but I cannot find the correct application area, or how it is that I am supposed to actually update my existing wallet. I honestly just don't know how to use Github that well, or the file management stuff. I also tried re-downloading the release to see if it was updated, and I still got the older 1.6.2.5 release. Thanks for your help.
May God bless you all,
twinkle

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
As an addition to this:

This appears to be serious as it appears there are 2 divergent chains!

Each mining pool is on a different divergent chain.  The foundation pool is on the chain that the bbp explorer is on, but the miningpool.fun pool is on the chain that my wallet (1.6.2.8 ) is on.

So for one, I take security very seriously, and couldnt possibly imagine having RandomX + Chainlocks in our community and ending up with a sidechain, so I've been vehemently trying to find the root cause of this and I believe I found the root cause and it should be fixed now. 
Basically the first part of the explanation is correct; we were transitioning over to chainlocks and the chainlocks started successfully, I can see this because yesterday morning we didnt have blocks locked at the tip and now we have hundreds of blocks locked and we are locked to the tip, so that part is good, the delay was due to normal quorum formation (which takes 2 days from my experience in testnet) and it took about 2 days in prod.

Now the second part of the issue, how we were jittering in and out of the go live and having a side chain form for a few hours (which, to my knowledge is the Only side chain we ever had since randomx started) - I honestly dont remember any sidechain even forming while on randomx because its a very expensive algorithm and it clearly keeps our consensus.

So what I found when debugging my server #6 which has multiple sancs on it was all the instances of BBP went down at the same time (during that height range of the sidechain), and fortunately I was able to find the problem in the debug logs on the server and this leads to a Fix.....  The problem is in our memorize prayers function believe it or not.  Its hard to fathom how that could cause a problem like this; but here is how.  We serialize the prayers based on a filename location that works for Single nodes only.  When more than one node instance on a sanctuary tries to write to that file at the same time it can crash the node (and that can cause database corruption because its an immediate non flushed berkeley db exit). 

So the fix is now checked in, I have upgraded my sancs.  The fix is working (cause I can see the prayers file has a distinct name now per server instance etc) and they are not clashing anymore. 

Now we need to let everything run for a week and monitor chainlocks and instantsend and see if chainlocks keeps us on one main chain for long periods of time, and my feeling is that we are going to be successful this time; I think we have fixed our bugs and we have a solid chain to build on. 

Obviously I invite as many people to run sancs as possible so we can keep this decentralized; but the issue is you have to sponsor an orphan from cameroon-one to receive full rewards for sancs (or you can run a tier-2 sanc);  Please God send us more volunteers and investors who want to be sanctuary owners!

Praise God - I think we are getting back on track again.

On a side note, to my knowledge the 3 hour sidechain resolved itself and transactions went out on both chains anyway (I believe it can be considered a temporary reorganization).

8200 BBP

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
Also, real quick, how is it that I am supposed to update to 1.6.2.9? I am having some issues with it, as I download the zip file that is updated, but I cannot find the correct application area, or how it is that I am supposed to actually update my existing wallet. I honestly just don't know how to use Github that well, or the file management stuff. I also tried re-downloading the release to see if it was updated, and I still got the older 1.6.2.5 release. Thanks for your help.
May God bless you all,
twinkle

Evenin.

You could try https://www.biblepay.org/wallet/ and download your wallet from there.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• twinkle

more
Nice, thanks, I think it worked!
May God bless you and your loved ones!
twinkle

1000 BBP

• twinkle

more
To whomever bought my NFT I had listed the other day in the store, I just finished donating all of the funds from that to a global Christian missions outreach. I honestly don't have a very good way of verifying this without giving away a lot of personal info, so there will have to be some trust with this process. I just took the rate of BBP, converted it to USD, and then tithed it to this mission trip program.
May God bless you all, and your loved ones,
twinkle

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
DUDE THIS IS INSANE. This Amazon integration is literally something that I think no other cryptocurrency has at the moment. Man, I am so pumped. This really does sound like a fantastic time to do a lot of the reaching out to companies. I have been really busy with college lately, so that has been keeping me from working on the email and emailing list too much. But, I am going to re-double my efforts. This really does seem like this has to make the currency so much more appealing and useful to everyone. I just looked it up, and the only way I could find online for people to be able to spend their crypto was to first convert it into fiat or gift cards, and THEN spend it. This really does streamline the process so much! Really nice work, let's keep it up!
May God bless you all, and may all glory go to Him alone from this project,
twinkle

1000 BBP
Thank you Twinkle for the compliments!  This keeps me excited for our future, praise God!

8200 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
One quick Q I had for it, though. Rob, are you having to order all of this yourself after we "buy" it on the store page? Or, is there some sort of system by which it can actually convert the spent BBP to fiat and then spend it on the item immediately through Amazon? I am just wondering about how this sort of thing could scale in the future.
Thanks, and may God bless you all!
twinkle

1000 BBP
No, I think it can scale fine because its actually completely automated.  My API has very low latency (it places an order in a couple seconds of computer time completely by itself), and the integration with BBP and the exchange for USD is all automatic.  I have to do a little bit of work every so often when I move a batch of crypto from the pool or something but that can be automated later once the process is entirely established.  I think this could be sustainable even with relatively large growth.  Our price might sink, but as long as we gain new users it might rise more that it sinks due to picking up more investors.

WOW THIS IS SO CLEAN! I just added a product to the store, and it IMMEDIATELY went up. Insane. So, just to be clear, what would happen if I tried to add a product that was not prime? I will definitely help with getting as many products on here as I can!
May God bless you all,

Thanks!  I am happy that any product in the whole $300 billion store can be added in a couple seconds and purchased with free shipping.

On our conference call today, Pat & I and MIP were also talking about how nice it would be if we could get it working in India, so the unbanked can buy groceries with it. 

8200 BBP
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 05:04:22 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
To whomever bought my NFT I had listed the other day in the store, I just finished donating all of the funds from that to a global Christian missions outreach. I honestly don't have a very good way of verifying this without giving away a lot of personal info, so there will have to be some trust with this process. I just took the rate of BBP, converted it to USD, and then tithed it to this mission trip program.
May God bless you all, and your loved ones,
twinkle

Thats so awesome of you man, God bless you!

8200 BBP

• alee67

• May 25, 2020, 05:29:56 AM
    more
I tried creating a DOGE stake; I sent an amount of DOGE from Trust Wallet to itself ending with the PIN over 4 hours ago.  It doesn't show up at all in the leaderboard, and 'listutxostakes 0' says that I have 0 DOGE staked.  In Portfolio Builder, when I click on 'Query UTXO', it shows the change received from the transaction, which went to the same address, 'DNrVShF3dp1gj6KaPGfR6ADdhU4WQEE3yX', and that amount doesn't end in the PIN, of course.  The PIN for the DOGE address ends in '0'.  Could it be that the trailing zero in the amount staked is getting dropped, so the PIN isn't being recognized?

1000 BBP

• sntjo2847

more
So for one, I take security very seriously, and couldnt possibly imagine having RandomX + Chainlocks in our community and ending up with a sidechain, so I've been vehemently trying to find the root cause of this and I believe I found the root cause and it should be fixed now. 
Basically the first part of the explanation is correct; we were transitioning over to chainlocks and the chainlocks started successfully, I can see this because yesterday morning we didnt have blocks locked at the tip and now we have hundreds of blocks locked and we are locked to the tip, so that part is good, the delay was due to normal quorum formation (which takes 2 days from my experience in testnet) and it took about 2 days in prod.

Now the second part of the issue, how we were jittering in and out of the go live and having a side chain form for a few hours (which, to my knowledge is the Only side chain we ever had since randomx started) - I honestly dont remember any sidechain even forming while on randomx because its a very expensive algorithm and it clearly keeps our consensus.

So what I found when debugging my server #6 which has multiple sancs on it was all the instances of BBP went down at the same time (during that height range of the sidechain), and fortunately I was able to find the problem in the debug logs on the server and this leads to a Fix.....  The problem is in our memorize prayers function believe it or not.  Its hard to fathom how that could cause a problem like this; but here is how.  We serialize the prayers based on a filename location that works for Single nodes only.  When more than one node instance on a sanctuary tries to write to that file at the same time it can crash the node (and that can cause database corruption because its an immediate non flushed berkeley db exit). 

So the fix is now checked in, I have upgraded my sancs.  The fix is working (cause I can see the prayers file has a distinct name now per server instance etc) and they are not clashing anymore. 

Now we need to let everything run for a week and monitor chainlocks and instantsend and see if chainlocks keeps us on one main chain for long periods of time, and my feeling is that we are going to be successful this time; I think we have fixed our bugs and we have a solid chain to build on. 
Thank you for spending the time to dig into this, identify the issue, and fix it! And thank you for the detailed explanation too, I appreciate it!

• sntjo2847

more
I have a question about APM(Automatic Price Mooning)

What parts of the block reward are subject to this? It is clear that sanctuaries and randomx mining are subject to APM. Are portfolio builder rewards and the 5% monthly budget subject to it? Are they reduced by the same %?