Read 12619 times

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
Re: June 2022 - TestNet Release - Exodus
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2022, 10:17:54 AM »
Good afternoon.

First of all, the theme settings are now working, you can click your avatar circle and change to dark, light theme etc.  Note that our new themer also supports 16 sub themes, so you can also pick a color above the master theme, and it will tint the menus and tables for you and the theme is stored on your machine.

Easy to change the themes, the default indigo blue looks awesome. dark mode not to bad either. Well alot of choices, thumbs up Rob.

Now check out Gospel menu.  Each of the 5 sub menu items, those actually required me to port Illustration, Wiki, and Article tables from our centralized sql server over to the decentralized sidechain, so all those records are decentralized now too!  So click on some Theological studies for example, and its pulling the record from your local sidechain then displaying its corresponding article.

The gospel feature looks real nice aswell.  Illustrations with all the pictures are a  sweet addition. The wiki and the theological  studies looks fine to me.  Easy to read, the font size looks all good on my 1080p monitor.

One thing i was thinking of was when you click on "Bible viewer"  you get forwarded to biblegateway in the same tab, personally i think would be better if it opens up in new tab so that the sanc  ip tab is still there.

Overall i think it looks fine Rob, snappy and no lags when navigating around.  Will be intresting to see what comes next.

laters.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2022, 12:59:50 PM »
Good afternoon.

Easy to change the themes, the default indigo blue looks awesome. dark mode not to bad either. Well alot of choices, thumbs up Rob.

The gospel feature looks real nice aswell.  Illustrations with all the pictures are a  sweet addition. The wiki and the theological  studies looks fine to me.  Easy to read, the font size looks all good on my 1080p monitor.

One thing i was thinking of was when you click on "Bible viewer"  you get forwarded to biblegateway in the same tab, personally i think would be better if it opens up in new tab so that the sanc  ip tab is still there.

Overall i think it looks fine Rob, snappy and no lags when navigating around.  Will be intresting to see what comes next.

laters.

Thanks for Testing Earlz!
Yeah that sounds like a good idea, we can open a new tab for the bible viewer.

On a side note, the data that you view when you view accountability for example is stored in the sidechain now, so that is a nice addition.
(Illustrations, wiki, expenses, revenue) all that is in the sidechain.

Since my last post, I ported our RandomX mining system in to aspnetcore.  Isnt it interesting that our users will be mining against sanctuaries?

I also built out a separate randomx pool for testnet, and one for mainnet.  So now we can mine properly (and test properly) in testnet for our releases.  (That will come in handy when we make a large code change and we have to test true randomx mining).  The sanctuary will pay the user for their mining activity from the hot wallet balance in the sanctuary. 

I will put together a test case now so you guys can test some randomx mining in testnet next.
Theoretically what we will do is expose a few of our sancs to port 80 and start a load balanced BMS presence for production.  When we go live at the end of June, we can take down foundation.biblepay.org and point that domain over to unchained.biblepay.org, and take down unchained also, and point that domain to our Sanc pool.
This means this software you are testing now will end being our Mining pool, our Staking (portfolio builder) interface, our BBP University, our memorize scriptures, our gospel web pages, and it will also allow you to log in via metamask (like a web 3 login).  I didnt see any comments or questions on that-- do you all understand, and like that feature?  We will be doing away with username and password in the next release.

Not sure if you clicked the accountability PDFs; please be sure those work too.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2022, 09:16:55 AM »
Very large BMS release this week - just released.  Miraculously, the auto upgrade process seemed to work for our testnet participants (looking at Earlz node it appears to be upgraded, should be on v1054 now. ) I'm surprised because this new version adds a dependency for Nethereum, which normally requires a manual upgrade but we'll cover that when we get to portfolio builder.

This upgrade includes:  RandomX mining against sancs, mining in testnet And mainnet against sancs, Switching Chains, Web3 Login:Authenticating with metamask (in contrast to usernames and passwords), a user profile page, profile avatar, BBP web wallet (based on metamask for your BBP priv key), Logging Out (clearing the metamask sig), The chain indicator in the header, The logged in indicator, The RandomX pool pages (metrics , leaderboard etc), half of BBP Univ, 75% of portfolio builder, Charts for PB & mining.

So first we need to tackle logging in and logging out (web 3 authentication) before we can discuss anything else (otherwise you cant see your profile or switch chains etc).

The user record is now decentralized and stored on the sidechain, so before we go to prod we need to obfuscate the email address (as that is our only sensitive field at this point) thats not done yet.

The way we access your user record is :  Now your metamask public ERC-20 key is your user record primary key, and that pulls up your profile which pulls your avatar, email address, nickname, PB pub signature etc.

So lets go through a few test cases to get logged in and out using web3:

Navigate to my sanc1 for these tests (you can do a lot of this on your own node if you want, but will get errors when doing the RX tests because you need a lot of pool settings to run a pool) so I will recommend just use this endpoint for these tests:

https://sanc20914556214.cdn.biblepay.org:8443/

If you go to that sanc1, you will see the new UI and the new menu. 
Test case to Register as new User:
- Go to Authentication - Profile
- Our system recognizes you are new, and launches metamask (if you dont have metamask, I think it just throws an error telling you its not installed.  We need to make it redirect you to wiki page to explain this web3 mechanism before we go live).  Anyway if you have metamask installed, it will prompt you with a signature request.
- The sig request is the brand new non harmless type (IE cant access coins) and its a signing request for logging in.  Now sign the message.
- We store this signature for up to 30 days as a cookie on your machine.  If you are on a non-secure machine you can Log Out, otherwise for convenience you can keep coming back authenticated.
- Once logged in the header should say Logged In.

Test to populate your profile:
- Navigate to Authentication | Profile
- Populate nickname and save it .  Change avatar.  It should auto save the avatar.
- Verify that you have a BBP wallet (this wallet is now derived from your Metamask key! An improvement).  Another words if you move machines, and reload your metamask key, your bbp webwallet coins will move with you.
(Lets test spending some coins from the web wallet.  )
- First, Switch chains by clicking Change Chain- then the header should show chain : TESTNET.
- In testnet mode, verify your bbp wallet has an address for TESTNET now (its no longer starting with a B).
- Try spending some testnet coins by sending them to your biblepaycore wallet.  Verify they come through on the core wallet side.

Test to Log Out:
Click the top right avatar circle | Log Out.
Verify the header shows logged out.
If you navigate to Profile, it will try to log you in again (simply because we have that process there to log a user in who has been logged out).

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 09:21:18 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2022, 09:23:34 AM »
Just for sanity sake since Im mining against sanc1 in testnet, can you please verify the hash Earlz:

09:22:35
getblockhash 145394

adf539f4df232ffc9bedcee77ba9a0402932b10a28d711ec5b2db9d995bbc417

Are we all in sync?

Next I will write a test case so we can test some randomx mining in testnet! 

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2022, 09:30:19 AM »
** RandomX TestNet Mining Case **

So I made this page relatively accurate for a new user to get started (its similar to the one we have) but it dynamically populates the port too depending on which chain you are on and the DNS address of the sanc you are mining against:

Be sure to change your chain to TESTNET mode before hitting this page (your header should say TESTNET):
https://sanc20914556214.cdn.biblepay.org:8443/bbp/poolgettingstarted
(That ensures the port on the page is correct).

So looking at that page, you can make a new batch file on windows to mine against sanc1.  In my case Im mining against port 3002 against sanc1.

And then you can wait a little while and check our Leaderboard, and it should be very similar to what you are used to in Foundation (its a direct port of our old software).
Next you can go to Pool Metrics and see that your hashpower has increased the pool hashpower.

Finally, lets mine for a while then wait 24 hours, and you should receive testnet coins from the sanctuary over to your personal wallet.
Be sure that you have your Testnet BBP address in your mining batch file so the pool can pay on the right chain.

Then give us an update that you actually got paid (I recommend using an address book address that is labeled for TestNet mining so you know that you got it).

Btw, if anyone wants to mine against prod, that code is running against MainNet live (against our current mainnet branch version) so it should theoretically mine and pay (thats why you should see the correct Height in the Pool Metrics page for mainnet and the correct height for TestNet).

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2022, 11:55:10 AM »
Just for sanity sake since Im mining against sanc1 in testnet, can you please verify the hash Earlz:

getblockhash 145394

Are we all in sync?

Next I will write a test case so we can test some randomx mining in testnet!

Indeed we are in sync, i ran the getblockhash and i get the same numbers as you.  I also ran the mnsync status and the masternode status command and both looks good.

I also saw that the bms has auto updated successfully to the new version.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2022, 11:32:19 AM »
Evenin Brother Rob.

I will put together a test case now so you guys can test some randomx mining in testnet next.
Theoretically what we will do is expose a few of our sancs to port 80 and start a load balanced BMS presence for production.  When we go live at the end of June, we can take down foundation.biblepay.org and point that domain over to unchained.biblepay.org, and take down unchained also, and point that domain to our Sanc pool.
This means this software you are testing now will end being our Mining pool, our Staking (portfolio builder) interface, our BBP University, our memorize scriptures, our gospel web pages, and it will also allow you to log in via metamask (like a web 3 login).  I didnt see any comments or questions on that-- do you all understand, and like that feature?  We will be doing away with username and password in the next release.

Not sure if you clicked the accountability PDFs; please be sure those work too.

I checked out the accountability reports and they all work for me, no problems there.
The orphan collage and the water wells for children in Pakistan works aswell.

I like the ease of access in the menue for sure.
I also verified the blockhash on my home core wallet:
Code: [Select]
17:50:57
getblockhash 145394

17:50:58
Im in sync on this node aswell.

Test case to Register as new User:
- Go to Authentication - Profile
- Our system recognizes you are new, and launches metamask (if you dont have metamask, I think it just throws an error telling you its not installed.  We need to make it redirect you to wiki page to explain this web3 mechanism before we go live).  Anyway if you have metamask installed, it will prompt you with a signature request.
- The sig request is the brand new non harmless type (IE cant access coins) and its a signing request for logging in.  Now sign the message.
- We store this signature for up to 30 days as a cookie on your machine.  If you are on a non-secure machine you can Log Out, otherwise for convenience you can keep coming back authenticated.
- Once logged in the header should say Logged In.

The log in with the metamask wallet worked just fine, easy as pie.

Test to populate your profile:
- Navigate to Authentication | Profile
- Populate nickname and save it .  Change avatar.  It should auto save the avatar.
- Verify that you have a BBP wallet (this wallet is now derived from your Metamask key! An improvement).  Another words if you move machines, and reload your metamask key, your bbp webwallet coins will move with you.
(Lets test spending some coins from the web wallet.  )
- First, Switch chains by clicking Change Chain- then the header should show chain : TESTNET.
- In testnet mode, verify your bbp wallet has an address for TESTNET now (its no longer starting with a B).
- Try spending some testnet coins by sending them to your biblepaycore wallet.  Verify they come through on the core wallet side.

Nickname and avatar i had no problem to change, i can confirm that i have a bbp wallet adress that starts with a  y and not a b for the testnet and switching chains switches the bbp adress aswell.

Next i sent some tBBP to the new wallet adress.

This is as far as i have come, it does not seem to me like the funds have arrived at the new wallet,  5 confirmations i see in the core wallet:

Date: 5/22/2022 17:27
To: yUZLNhASGdT6PrY4Ypfv4FySAd1fjLifaj
Debit: -10 000.00000000 tBIBLEPAY
Transaction fee: -1.52611867 tBIBLEPAY
Net amount: -10 001.52611867 tBIBLEPAY
Transaction ID: 86584ea4d831ebb19b10d4d5fa0295a077c99ded9ce655135b22941488319625
Output index: 1
Transaction total size: 1521 bytes

Height: 145881

I have tested to log out and log back in, refresh etc.
Any ideas Rob?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2022, 12:14:29 PM »
Evenin Brother Rob.

I checked out the accountability reports and they all work for me, no problems there.
The orphan collage and the water wells for children in Pakistan works aswell.

I like the ease of access in the menue for sure.
I also verified the blockhash on my home core wallet:
17:50:57
getblockhash 145394

Height: 145881

I have tested to log out and log back in, refresh etc.
Any ideas Rob?

Hi Earlz,

Great testing.
So on the testnet transfer, which sanc are you debugging against your sanc or this one:

The reason I ask is the RandomX mining and the Balance testing needs done against sanc1 (the one pasted above 201914556214) simply because the pool settings need enabled for the server side to ascertain your tBBP (and mainnet balance).  I would have to walk you through how to set up a pool for you to be able to see your own balance from your own sanc.

When you hit my sanc does your correct balance show?
You can also try spending it etc.

(Btw, balances should show in about 1 block).

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2022, 01:15:42 PM »
Hi Earlz,

Great testing.
So on the testnet transfer, which sanc are you debugging against your sanc or this one:

The reason I ask is the RandomX mining and the Balance testing needs done against sanc1 (the one pasted above 201914556214) simply because the pool settings need enabled for the server side to ascertain your tBBP (and mainnet balance).  I would have to walk you through how to set up a pool for you to be able to see your own balance from your own sanc.

When you hit my sanc does your correct balance show?
You can also try spending it etc.

(Btw, balances should show in about 1 block).

Indeed Rob. That was the culprit i was trying to do this on my own sanc. Now i tested on your 209 sanc and for sure i can see the balance, sweet.

ill try the randomx mining tomorrows against ur sanc.
Have a good one.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2022, 12:57:44 PM »
Evenin.

** RandomX TestNet Mining Case **

So I made this page relatively accurate for a new user to get started (its similar to the one we have) but it dynamically populates the port too depending on which chain you are on and the DNS address of the sanc you are mining against:

Be sure to change your chain to TESTNET mode before hitting this page (your header should say TESTNET):
(That ensures the port on the page is correct).

So looking at that page, you can make a new batch file on windows to mine against sanc1.  In my case Im mining against port 3002 against sanc1.

And then you can wait a little while and check our Leaderboard, and it should be very similar to what you are used to in Foundation (its a direct port of our old software).
Next you can go to Pool Metrics and see that your hashpower has increased the pool hashpower.

Finally, lets mine for a while then wait 24 hours, and you should receive testnet coins from the sanctuary over to your personal wallet.
Be sure that you have your Testnet BBP address in your mining batch file so the pool can pay on the right chain.

Then give us an update that you actually got paid (I recommend using an address book address that is labeled for TestNet mining so you know that you got it).

Btw, if anyone wants to mine against prod, that code is running against MainNet live (against our current mainnet branch version) so it should theoretically mine and pay (thats why you should see the correct Height in the Pool Metrics page for mainnet and the correct height for TestNet).

I created a new batch file for xmrig with the following contents:
@echo off
xmrig.exe --donate-level 1 -o sanc1.biblepay.org:3002 -u my_monero_adress -p my_biblepay_testnet_adress --rig-id=rig00 --cpu-affinity 0x79e79e  -k -t 16 --log-file=sanctest
pause

And it connects just fine to your sanc Rob.
* ABOUT        XMRig/6.5.1 MSVC/2019
 * LIBS         libuv/1.40.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1h hwloc/2.2.0
 * HUGE PAGES   permission granted
 * 1GB PAGES    unavailable
 * CPU          AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X 12-Core Processor (1) x64 AES
                L2:6.0 MB L3:32.0 MB 12C/24T NUMA:1
 * MEMORY       5.4/15.9 GB (34%)
 * DONATE       1%
 * ASSEMBLY     auto:ryzen
 * POOL #1      sanc1.biblepay.org:3002 algo auto
 * COMMANDS     hashrate, pause, resume, results, connection
 * OPENCL       disabled
 * CUDA         disabled
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.237]  net      use pool sanc1.biblepay.org:3002  209.145.56.214
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.238]  net      new job from sanc1.biblepay.org:3002 diff 250012 algo rx/0 height 2630596
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.239]  cpu      use argon2 implementation AVX2
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.645]  msr      register values for "ryzen" preset has been set successfully (407 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.645]  randomx  init dataset algo rx/0 (24 threads) seed c258e69a83509a5c...
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.647]  randomx  allocated 2336 MB (2080+256) huge pages 100% 1168/1168 +JIT (1 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:28:51.504]  randomx  dataset ready (1857 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:28:51.504]  cpu      use profile  *  (16 threads) scratchpad 2048 KB
[2022-05-24 19:28:51.986]  cpu      READY threads 16/16 (16) huge pages 100% 16/16 memory 32768 KB (482 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:29:07.955]  net      new job from sanc1.biblepay.org:3002 diff 125006 algo rx/0 height 2630596
[2022-05-24 19:29:15.918]  cpu      accepted (1/0) diff 125006 (424 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:29:17.323]  cpu      accepted (2/0) diff 125006 (403 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:29:38.787]  cpu      accepted (3/0) diff 125006 (431 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:29:44.741]  cpu      accepted (4/0) diff 125006 (384 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:29:51.789]  miner    speed 10s/60s/15m 8360.0 n/a n/a H/s max 8370.2 H/s
[2022-05-24 19:29:56.676]  net      new job from sanc1.biblepay.org:3002 diff 323464 algo rx/0 height 2630597

Looking at https://sanc20914556214.cdn.biblepay.org:8443/gospel/viewer?type=xmrinquiry and pasting my xmr adress i can see its mining just fine aswell.

I have not received any tBBP yet from the pool but i have not been mining long enough i believe.

All the pool drop down  menue looks good to me.  Pool Metrics, Leaderboard, Getting started looks to be working. I can see my tBBP wallet adress in the leaderboard.

Overall it feels just like foundation pool , navigation wise. One thing i noted is that in Block History there is no search window  for you to check up on your adress.

I will do an update tomorrow and see if i have gotten any payout on the testnet.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2022, 01:23:58 PM »
Evenin.

I created a new batch file for xmrig with the following contents:
@echo off
xmrig.exe --donate-level 1 -o sanc1.biblepay.org:3002 -u my_monero_adress -p my_biblepay_testnet_adress --rig-id=rig00 --cpu-affinity 0x79e79e  -k -t 16 --log-file=sanctest
pause

And it connects just fine to your sanc Rob.
* ABOUT        XMRig/6.5.1 MSVC/2019
 * LIBS         libuv/1.40.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1h hwloc/2.2.0
 * HUGE PAGES   permission granted
 * 1GB PAGES    unavailable
 * CPU          AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X 12-Core Processor (1) x64 AES
                L2:6.0 MB L3:32.0 MB 12C/24T NUMA:1
 * MEMORY       5.4/15.9 GB (34%)
 * DONATE       1%
 * ASSEMBLY     auto:ryzen
 * POOL #1      sanc1.biblepay.org:3002 algo auto
 * COMMANDS     hashrate, pause, resume, results, connection
 * OPENCL       disabled
 * CUDA         disabled
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.237]  net      use pool sanc1.biblepay.org:3002  209.145.56.214
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.238]  net      new job from sanc1.biblepay.org:3002 diff 250012 algo rx/0 height 2630596
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.239]  cpu      use argon2 implementation AVX2
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.645]  msr      register values for "ryzen" preset has been set successfully (407 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.645]  randomx  init dataset algo rx/0 (24 threads) seed c258e69a83509a5c...
[2022-05-24 19:28:49.647]  randomx  allocated 2336 MB (2080+256) huge pages 100% 1168/1168 +JIT (1 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:28:51.504]  randomx  dataset ready (1857 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:28:51.504]  cpu      use profile  *  (16 threads) scratchpad 2048 KB
[2022-05-24 19:28:51.986]  cpu      READY threads 16/16 (16) huge pages 100% 16/16 memory 32768 KB (482 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:29:07.955]  net      new job from sanc1.biblepay.org:3002 diff 125006 algo rx/0 height 2630596
[2022-05-24 19:29:15.918]  cpu      accepted (1/0) diff 125006 (424 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:29:17.323]  cpu      accepted (2/0) diff 125006 (403 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:29:38.787]  cpu      accepted (3/0) diff 125006 (431 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:29:44.741]  cpu      accepted (4/0) diff 125006 (384 ms)
[2022-05-24 19:29:51.789]  miner    speed 10s/60s/15m 8360.0 n/a n/a H/s max 8370.2 H/s
[2022-05-24 19:29:56.676]  net      new job from sanc1.biblepay.org:3002 diff 323464 algo rx/0 height 2630597

Looking at https://sanc20914556214.cdn.biblepay.org:8443/gospel/viewer?type=xmrinquiry and pasting my xmr adress i can see its mining just fine aswell.

I have not received any tBBP yet from the pool but i have not been mining long enough i believe.

All the pool drop down  menue looks good to me.  Pool Metrics, Leaderboard, Getting started looks to be working. I can see my tBBP wallet adress in the leaderboard.

Overall it feels just like foundation pool , navigation wise. One thing i noted is that in Block History there is no search window  for you to check up on your adress.

I will do an update tomorrow and see if i have gotten any payout on the testnet.

Hey bro Earlz,

Awesome testing man, thats great that we are close to have a functioning pool.

Yeah I see you in the leaderboard, and I see metrics looks pretty good in TestNet mode also.

I do see what you mean about Block History; its got no option to search.  I will fix this temporarily by making it show the last few days of block history on the screen (thats not working either) for now, and that will get us off the ground.  Later we can add a search bar when things settle down a little (Im still finding other things need ported for June release).  Ill try to have this fixed by tonight and make another post.

In the mean time, if you have time or whenever you are back, you can try testing BBP University final exam.  Its ported straight over from our unchained, so it should be very similar.  Also, you can test the scripture memorizer; again a straight port from unchained.

In the mean time, Im working on porting Add Proposal and List Proposals from the foundation web site over to the BMS.  That should technically allow us to retire Foundation after that.

On another side note I am porting NFTs back to be BiblePay native.  We had a couple conference calls, and everyone seems to like the idea of going back to BBP NFTs instead of ERC-721 NFTs.  Basically those Opensea nfts have problems:
- Low integrity (you cant hide one once its created, even if its got errors in it and its a mistake)
- If its an orphan, it lives forever, exposing the possibility of selling an expired NFT with an orphan (low integrity)
- The API doesnt allow the developer to work with Polygon NFTs, meaning that you have to 'hack' your site to make it work, and that hack is too much to bear.  I cant run a crypto site with a 'scraper' in it.  And ethereum nfts are way too expensive for gas.
- The SEO we gain from BBP NFTs, is very positive.
- The seedy marketplace on Opensea ties us to a lot of sin.
- No way to filter the marketplace for Christian items (just strange keywords that picks up 9000 mammon nfts with Christian ones) etc.

So anyway yeah it looks like we can go back to native NFTs; so Im trying to squeeze this in for the June release.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2022, 01:09:38 PM »
** A couple more test cases and an update **

First regarding RandomX, I did deploy the latest code [for BMS] which includes the Block History.  Block history lets the miner see the results of each block and if they are getting paid (and the TXID of the payment).  So now, Earlz you can go to Block History and try to find your address and see if there is payment yet.  Things older than 24 hours should be paid by now.  We don't have 'search' yet but this should work for most cases.

Next, Governance:

I just ported List Proposals and Add New Proposal into BMS.
We could use your help in creating a TESTNET proposal, here:

https://globalcdn.biblepay.org:8443

Click on Testnet mode first, then click on Governance | Add Proposal.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 01:44:03 PM by Rob Andrews »

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2022, 06:49:14 AM »
Afternoon.

Update on the RandomX mining on the testnet for the 209 sanc  , it has worked just fine, this mornin when i checked the testnet core wallet i see that i have indeed received a payout for tBBP.. 2 payouts so far.  first came in at 03:22 and the second at 11:24 , appears to be around 8 hours between the payouts.

Miner i have been using is Xmrig. 

I also checked out the block history and i can see my testnet adress there indeed, looking good, the grey template easy on the eyes.

Next up i  tested the Biblepay University: Scripture Memorizer. 

The font size is good, not to small. Works like i remember, grading and switching between modes works aswell.

Then i took a look at the Biblepay University course materials.
The course materials pdfs for module 1 and 2 all works for me to open, no errors there.

I like this Biblepay University feature beeing free, available, decentralized. Thumbs up on this one.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2022, 12:39:43 PM »
Afternoon.

Update on the RandomX mining on the testnet for the 209 sanc  , it has worked just fine, this mornin when i checked the testnet core wallet i see that i have indeed received a payout for tBBP.. 2 payouts so far.  first came in at 03:22 and the second at 11:24 , appears to be around 8 hours between the payouts.

Miner i have been using is Xmrig. 

I also checked out the block history and i can see my testnet adress there indeed, looking good, the grey template easy on the eyes.

Next up i  tested the Biblepay University: Scripture Memorizer. 

The font size is good, not to small. Works like i remember, grading and switching between modes works aswell.

Then i took a look at the Biblepay University course materials.
The course materials pdfs for module 1 and 2 all works for me to open, no errors there.

I like this Biblepay University feature beeing free, available, decentralized. Thumbs up on this one.

Hi Earlz,

Great testing man, thats awesome.  Im so glad RX mining is working in testnet now.  I got a payout too in testnet mode.
(I did test mining against prod in Debug mode and got a payout so it will probably work) but we should definitely test mining against prod before we go live.
10-4 on the memorizer, and the final exam - im glad those are out of the way for the time being also.

So I entered a proposal in TESTNET mode, and it went into the chain (I can see it in 'gobject list').  And I waited until the triggers formed, and I can see the trigger on it.  I also voted Yes on it by going to Proposals List in testnet and clicking Vote Yes, and it gave me a command that I pasted into the controller wallet, and that command worked.  Now let me check and see if I got the payment:
getrawtransaction fca8688b199051c16a5cee00f9618a595585b6d11d445336b2ecedad813af79b 1
Hey it worked, great.  See the payment for 100K?  Thats the testnet one.  Im glad Entering proposals works again for our users - they will be able to enter these from any BMS node now (since we have removed the add proposal page from the Sanc itself, for rebase reasons).  And, watchman on the wall works, and the payment emitted in the Monthly superblock.  PASS

Ive got a major release being pushed out now, this requires a new post and makes a lot of changes.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2022, 01:03:31 PM »
Many things to talk about, I suppose lets go back to Biblepaycore first, to the actual Sanctuary software (BiblePay core testnet):
Could you all please upgrade your sancs to 0.17.2.3 :
This version POVS bans on the correct BMS port, and adds some sidechain features that BMS needs to operate, please do this first, then do a:
exec revivesanc sancname
To ensure you are not POSE banned.  Then continue.

BMS changes in this next release:
- Moved some of the sidechain code to biblepaycore c++.  This gives us a more solid foundation for the future (as far as syncing against chainlocks and leveraging LLMQ for sidechain).
- Refactored MYSQL backing to more efficiently work against the sidechain.  (This basically means we will eliminate polling and just apply database changes to blocks as they pass, and keep track of the tip as it changes).

So first a bit of configuration changes to BMS:
As of May 29th, I added some configuration changes to our BMS wiki installation guide, that adds some entries to the BMS.conf file, and some more entries to the Sanc testnet Config file , and some more entries to the Prod MainNet Sanc configuration file.

Please check out this document:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Install_BMS

Look for "Phase II: Additional items", then add those items  to your bms.conf file and save it and exit nano.

Then add the Phase II items for the TestNet sanctuary biblepay.conf file (also located right after the bms changes in the doc).
Then save that and upgrade the sanc with the mandatory upgrade and restart it.
(Verify you are on 0.17.2.3).
Then restart BMS by clicking:  ctrl-c  TWICE, which gives you your command prompt back, then restart BMS (by typing
dotnet BiblePay.BMSD.dll)

Once it starts check your :
/BMS/Status page
See if you have two new fields:
Check mine out as an example:
https://globalcdn.biblepay.org:8443/BMS/Status
Look for the Block Count Main and Block Count Test.  Verify your Block Count Test is incrementing along with biblepay testnet.

Now the question is, what will all this do for your sanc?
This will give your sanctuary a database backing, which allows us to write the social media system on the sidechain.
Every block and transaction that passes is stored in mysql, and, more importantly sidechain transactions affect the Database views.

Once this is working then we can start to test NFTs.

Please let me know if your sanc syncs (it is not mandatory to configure the MainNet sanc settings yet, but I will configure them on my node so we can do some mainnet testing vs testnet before our go live so we dont have any surprises).

There are some things I need to explain regarding User Experience next.