Bible Pay

Read 2849 times

• lazysamurai

• June 08, 2020, 12:38:06 PM
    more
Adding Loki to mining proxy
« on: September 23, 2020, 10:20:53 AM »
Now we can mine BBP and Monero but for now BBP does not worth much and mining BBP also does not worth much. I was thinking if it was possible to add also Loki mining (because it has the same RandomX algo).

So if someone prefer to just mine Monero instead of BBP + Monero - 10% monero (because as I said BBP does not worth much and miners likes to dump what they mine) the same person maybe would like to mine 90% Loki + 90% Monero + some very low 0.xx BBP.

I don't know how this combined mining works, I assume it is like a proxy so it should be possible to also mine Loki, it just need the result to be sent to the pool without any delay right?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: Adding Loki to mining proxy
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 07:25:40 PM »
Now we can mine BBP and Monero but for now BBP does not worth much and mining BBP also does not worth much. I was thinking if it was possible to add also Loki mining (because it has the same RandomX algo).

So if someone prefer to just mine Monero instead of BBP + Monero - 10% monero (because as I said BBP does not worth much and miners likes to dump what they mine) the same person maybe would like to mine 90% Loki + 90% Monero + some very low 0.xx BBP.

I don't know how this combined mining works, I assume it is like a proxy so it should be possible to also mine Loki, it just need the result to be sent to the pool without any delay right?

I think someone can fork foundation.biblepay.org and use it to mine another RandomX type coin, yes...

I have a little too much on my plate right now to personally do this but I suppose I could assist in questions once a person gets a clone of foundation.biblepay running...

Note that with xmr merge mining, the high difficulty (28 right now for example) would make it really hard to solve a block on another chain though.  So, it might not be profitable to do it.

(Another words, our diff is shared across chains).