Bible Pay

Read 5114 times

• dfleming55

• June 29, 2020, 03:24:19 PM
    more
Dontate BBP Button
« on: September 08, 2020, 03:08:42 PM »
I'd like the ability to have a non-cryptocurrency user donate BiblePay to a website/user.  I'm envisioning something like PayPal's Donate button.

I would like a user to be able to purchase BBP via credit card and directly send/assign it to a recipients address.  It looks like there may be a mechanism via DashPay to make this happen? Would this be the best way to do this?

I'm assuming I'll have to code up something on my own?

Thanks,

---Dan

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Re: Dontate BBP Button
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 06:34:49 PM »
I saw this one recently:

https://transak.com/

Looks like you have to be in one of these exchanges to get listed though:

https://www.notion.so/transak/Providing-Indirect-Liquidity-Token-Listing-Transak-d7f172b4908741be830027642d58f320

=

Im sure there are others out there!

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 01:03:47 AM »

bitrefill via dashpay command can purchase a gift card for the recipient. crypto is great for a global audience where the recipient can take it offram to their native fiat. just the fees make any small donations lost with exchange fees.

I'd like the ability to have a non-cryptocurrency user donate BiblePay to a website/user.  I'm envisioning something like PayPal's Donate button.

I would like a user to be able to purchase BBP via credit card and directly send/assign it to a recipients address.  It looks like there may be a mechanism via DashPay to make this happen? Would this be the best way to do this?

Thanks,

---Dan
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 08:57:22 AM »

Thanks,

---Dan

Yeah, I belive you are basically referring to the ability to buy crypto directly from credit card or debit card or fiat;  Ive seen a few over the years, for example payeer (that was live for a while on c-cex.com, one of our old exchanges who went out of business).  At the time, the Russian money exchangers accepted credit cards, then you received a voucher code, typed it in on c-cex, and then that converted to USD, then you could buy BBP.

In southexchange, they had the ability to send USD via credit card or bank wire for about a year.  Recently all these NYC money laundering laws were enacted and I think that caused SX to shut that service down.

So your guess is as good as mine but one good start would be to ask SX about any viable options for one.  Then of course coding one would be another possibility.

Remember that the stable coins, like TUSD, etc, all are synthetic dollars so there must be a way to buy stablecoins with credit cards being they are transacting in the billions now.  Then we have our new exchange bololex that takes TUSD for BBP, that might be an even more viable way.

Great idea, btw.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 12:22:46 PM »
Actually I think you were simply referring to having a Donate Now button on our main website, and that would be super useful for us to simply allow a user to send some funds to our foundation so we can build a well, sponsor an orphan, and generally improve biblepay.

I will add this to my todo list to see if there is any way we can accomplish this.