Bible Pay

Read 217389 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: TestNet - BiblePay-Evolution & GSCs (Generic Smart Contracts)
« Reply #450 on: May 11, 2019, 12:54:29 PM »
We offer two beautiful things with GSCs: 

- We will be able to support orphan mining in the future without any major technical change.  I'm going to reach out to one of our vendors who said they are interested in evaluating this, and see if we can design this in as a possibility.  I think its feasible to offer this as our major replacement for PODC within a year (**only if this particular vendor is on-board with the DAP idea that anonymizes the identity of the sponsor).  This also aligns well with the DAC vision.

- Technically some day, we might be able to bring in PODC cancer mining again, as a GSC project on a smaller scale, just to flex our muscles (as GSCs support this technically).  However, I would ensure that we remove the Oracle first (as there is a way to accomplish that).  Realize this is a low priority (IE probably by 2021) since we have a larger and more exciting project coming by the end of this year that dwarfs PODC and consumes all of our resources.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #451 on: May 17, 2019, 03:48:56 PM »
We are now in the final phases of testing.

I think at this time it would be prudent for us to do a dry run - testing the things that will happen soon in prod.

For one I am writing the scripts to build the 32 & 64 bit version for windows and deploy to our website for download.

So far we have been running the 32bit windows version.  Ill build a 64 bit version now, and post the link and lets ensure this 64bit runs on our windows machines against prod.

Oncoapp and I already tested both pool mining pools and HTTPS communication.

I suppose I can be the guinea pig to test a couple Production sancs (using 4.5MM each).
Im currently deleting all the files on a couple VMs readying these VMs for Evo, once this is ready, Ill take the plunge and set up an Evo sanc in prod (in non deterministic mode, btw).

NOTE:  It is very important we make it clear that we Do Not want any sancs in Prod to upgrade to Evo until the announcement and cutover height is posted, as I want our monthly superblock to pay out properly  ;).

MIP, do you think we will have a Mac build available by June 2nd?  It would be nice to give them an upgrade path.

Ive already confirmed with GIN that they are ready to upgrade to Evo.

EDIT:

Ok, if anyone wants to test the 64 bit build on windows:
https://biblepay.org/biblepayevo64.exe

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:51:55 PM by Rob Andrews »

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #452 on: May 18, 2019, 07:29:05 AM »
The 64-bit version seems to be running fine on my end thus far :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #453 on: May 18, 2019, 08:14:46 AM »
The 64-bit version seems to be running fine on my end thus far :)

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Yea I'm testing it now on the pool server and it looks like we do need a couple more classic functions that I thought we could retire to be added to Evo.  They will be out in a couple hours for the pools to continue testing (but these do not need to be tested by users or sancs).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #454 on: May 18, 2019, 09:50:07 AM »
I'm running 1.4.2.9-Evo on pool.biblepay.org now.

I PM'ed Licht with the problems and change requests.

Note that I will revert Pool.biblepay back to Classic tomorrow as Evo governance is not compatible with classic governance (IE we need to finish this governance cycle and rely on the pool to see votes and proposals, etc).

• oncoapop

• October 23, 2018, 12:31:17 PM
    more
« Reply #455 on: May 18, 2019, 12:01:45 PM »
We are now in the final phases of testing.

I think at this time it would be prudent for us to do a dry run - testing the things that will happen soon in prod.

For one I am writing the scripts to build the 32 & 64 bit version for windows and deploy to our website for download.

So far we have been running the 32bit windows version.  Ill build a 64 bit version now, and post the link and lets ensure this 64bit runs on our windows machines against prod.

Oncoapp and I already tested both pool mining pools and HTTPS communication.

I suppose I can be the guinea pig to test a couple Production sancs (using 4.5MM each).
Im currently deleting all the files on a couple VMs readying these VMs for Evo, once this is ready, Ill take the plunge and set up an Evo sanc in prod (in non deterministic mode, btw).

NOTE:  It is very important we make it clear that we Do Not want any sancs in Prod to upgrade to Evo until the announcement and cutover height is posted, as I want our monthly superblock to pay out properly  ;).

MIP, do you think we will have a Mac build available by June 2nd?  It would be nice to give them an upgrade path.

Ive already confirmed with GIN that they are ready to upgrade to Evo.

EDIT:

Ok, if anyone wants to test the 64 bit build on windows:
https://biblepay.org/biblepayevo64.exe

Thank you for your acknowledgement! Glad to be part of this project and the community of believers in Jesus and hence happy to help in this small way!

The UI is great and, as far as I can tell, installs and runs on Windows 10 64-bit (I needed to addnode my own classic sancs for it to find the block source) and it took quite a while to load from scratch. I have currently got it mining on the pool
http://www.purepool.org/main/miner/BFwWN5ohJLcUAn1H9urqUqaA9oqPUBJtbh/

The first one (1.4.2.8 EVO on mainnet compiled in Ubuntu 18.04) is still crunching
http://www.purepool.org/main/miner/BD9gmJ5vmPJtDewo9NyqUT7fJQgV39AW7R/

There appears some typos under "JESUS' CONCISE COMMANDMENTS"
Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (John 1:27) - ref is actually James 1:27

Do not Store up Treasures on Earth where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal, but Store up treasures in heaven, For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (ref is missing - Matt 6:19,20a,21)

The "Help - About Biblepay" Tab has some unnecessary boxes at the bottom of the screen.

• oncoapop

• October 23, 2018, 12:31:17 PM
    more
« Reply #456 on: May 18, 2019, 01:52:23 PM »
Thank you for your acknowledgement! Glad to be part of this project and the community of believers in Jesus and hence happy to help in this small way!

The UI is great and, as far as I can tell, installs and runs on Windows 10 64-bit (I needed to addnode my own classic sancs for it to find the block source) and it took quite a while to load from scratch. I have currently got it mining on the pool

The first one (1.4.2.8 EVO on mainnet compiled in Ubuntu 18.04) is still crunching

Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (John 1:27) - ref is actually James 1:27

Do not Store up Treasures on Earth where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal, but Store up treasures in heaven, For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (ref is missing - Matt 6:19,20a,21)

The "Help - About Biblepay" Tab has some unnecessary boxes at the bottom of the screen.
Testing some more relevant EVO commands on mainnet

11:15:57 exec cpk oncoapop2

11:15:58 {
  "Command": "cpk",
  "Results": true}

11:22:56 exec getcampaigns

11:22:56 {
  "List Of": "BiblePay Campaigns",
  "List Of": "BiblePay CPKs",
  "member [oncoapop2]": "BDpyRr2d9kWDD7MEyyJuAJxwvJpmLEGyqr",
  "member [evo@main]": "BEv63xKxjAvZpQMCG2dzpLU7wTCcUhpRYd",
  "List Of": "Campaign Participants"}

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #457 on: May 18, 2019, 02:02:25 PM »

Wow, well thank you very much kind sir!  I'm also impressed that you have created your own domain with notes.
Do I know you from anywhere or did you just recently find BiblePay?

Thats great the build is working on Win10; thanks goes to Dash for ensuring the base is cross-windows compatible (I mean registry and c++ pinvoke calls etc).

Thats awesome the two miners are still working, I did look at your first miner a couple times and that was very valuable for us.

Ok, let me fix these typos right now.  Good catch on the John 1:27, interesting.

I'll look at the unecessary boxes now also.

Thanks a lot for all your help btw, it was instrumental in creating a quality product!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #458 on: May 18, 2019, 02:37:46 PM »

THANK YOU ALL FOR TESTING BIBLEPAY - EVOLUTION

Let us pray this version is the most stable and beneficial version for our Orphans and God's Kingdom.

Testing is not completely over, but I wanted to send a warm thank you to everyone who contributed in any way in this TestNet thread!

God Bless you All!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #459 on: May 18, 2019, 02:53:05 PM »
Loading from scratch, and seed node not found in prod-evo.

So I thought I would address these two issues separately:

1.  The loading from scratch is a little slow right now, but Evos block loader is different than classic.  Note that once the supermajority is on evo, Evo will actually transmit compact blocks (compressed) using more than one thread, so that should speed up the time for people syncing from zero at that time.

2.  Regarding being unable to find the seed node, I confirm that due to my current Evo expirimentation being on dns1-dns3, Ive caused most of the prod evo seed nodes to be down - it should not be affecting biblepay-classic however because we have more in classic.  Im currently fixing the problem, once we have those 3 up again this will be mitigaged - note that as long as an Evo node can find 1 node, it will immediately pull in the other "friends" and start syncing, so Im sure this will be resolved also.

3.  In the near future, probably around Thanksgiving, we can also create snapshots.  This will allow someone to sync in about 5 mins using a zip file and a couple clicks to get it bootstrapped (we might need a button in the wallet to make it easy to download the snapshot).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #460 on: May 18, 2019, 03:25:38 PM »

Ok, I fixed the bad bible reference and added the other reference.  Good find on the About page, that was pretty ugly.  Fixed.
These changes will be in the next release (probably tomorrows release).

Good point on setting up the POG & Healing campaigns in prod; I will set those up ASAP and we can at least join and see if they appear to be initialized.  We cant really test more on that yet until the GSC height passes (123,200) and we have some 4.5MM sancs running in prod (more than the min_quorum of 10 set up).

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #461 on: May 20, 2019, 12:08:41 PM »

THANK YOU ALL FOR TESTING BIBLEPAY - EVOLUTION

Let us pray this version is the most stable and beneficial version for our Orphans and God's Kingdom.

Testing is not completely over, but I wanted to send a warm thank you to everyone who contributed in any way in this TestNet thread!

God Bless you All!

Thank you for all your hard work Rob :D

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
« Reply #462 on: May 20, 2019, 04:42:07 PM »
Hi,
after few days I'm back and I'm testing 64bit WIN version.
It's working good, but I've had problems with install.
My antivirus report it as Dyna:BitcoinMiner-CR [PUP]||mul and moved it to Virus vault.
But after set it as "trusted" it works good, mining and GSC is working good.

And maybe I found some bug.
There are Book and Chapter option in "About Biblepay Core" window, but they aren't working.
I cannot choose anything from it and it's empty.

And Rob you still didn't remove those old March debug.log from WIN install file and it's still more than 60MB big :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #463 on: May 20, 2019, 04:49:44 PM »
Hi,
after few days I'm back and I'm testing 64bit WIN version.
It's working good, but I've had problems with install.
My antivirus report it as Dyna:BitcoinMiner-CR [PUP]||mul and moved it to Virus vault.
But after set it as "trusted" it works good, mining and GSC is working good.

And maybe I found some bug.
There are Book and Chapter option in "About Biblepay Core" window, but they aren't working.
I cannot choose anything from it and it's empty.

And Rob you still didn't remove those old March debug.log from WIN install file and it's still more than 60MB big :)

A) Testing the latest version, I click Bible | Read Bible, click a book and chapter and I see the contents, so I do not see a bug here.  Please be sure you are testing 1.4.3.1.  EDIT: 1.4.3.1 has no extra boxes in the About page - please re-test.

B)  Antivirus:  This is common with cryptos that have miners - the algorithm makes a false positive for that section, however the scan will eventually return negative once we have more than 100 downloads, so this should be solved (just like our prior versions of biblepaycore.exe).

C) On the log, I don't believe we copy the installer contents to %appdata%, are you sure this debug.log is not your log, could you please delete it and reinstall our EXE and see if we write it again?  If we do, Ill do a more in-depth search to see how we could have left that in our build process - Im 50-50 on this, could you help us by checking?  EDIT:  Please be sure this installer is the 1.4.3.1 installer.  I cleaned up the build directory before building 1.4.3.1. 
    EDIT:  I just tested 1.4.3.1 windows install - we don't write the debug.log to the %appdata% directory - please test again.

EDIT:  One thing I didn't explain, I've been deploying the 1.4.3.0+ versions to:
https://www.biblepay.org | See the top level Downloads Menu | Evolution downloads

This might be the problem.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:58:40 PM by Rob Andrews »

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
« Reply #464 on: May 21, 2019, 10:59:33 AM »
A) Testing the latest version, I click Bible | Read Bible, click a book and chapter and I see the contents, so I do not see a bug here.  Please be sure you are testing 1.4.3.1.  EDIT: 1.4.3.1 has no extra boxes in the About page - please re-test.

B)  Antivirus:  This is common with cryptos that have miners - the algorithm makes a false positive for that section, however the scan will eventually return negative once we have more than 100 downloads, so this should be solved (just like our prior versions of biblepaycore.exe).

C) On the log, I don't believe we copy the installer contents to %appdata%, are you sure this debug.log is not your log, could you please delete it and reinstall our EXE and see if we write it again?  If we do, Ill do a more in-depth search to see how we could have left that in our build process - Im 50-50 on this, could you help us by checking?  EDIT:  Please be sure this installer is the 1.4.3.1 installer.  I cleaned up the build directory before building 1.4.3.1. 
    EDIT:  I just tested 1.4.3.1 windows install - we don't write the debug.log to the %appdata% directory - please test again.

EDIT:  One thing I didn't explain, I've been deploying the 1.4.3.0+ versions to:
https://www.biblepay.org | See the top level Downloads Menu | Evolution downloads

This might be the problem.
I was using 1429 because I didn't know that there is new version. I didn't found any mention about new version here ;)
Now I have 1431 and here are my answers:
A) Yes, I agree 1.4.3.1 has no extra boxes in the About page
B) I've got a message from my antivirus (Avast) that the file is clear and it's working good now
C) That debug.log is still there. BUT  this debug.log is not in %appdata%. It's in install DOC folder. Here is a screenshot: https://prnt.sc/nrhg7t This file is from end of the March and here is the beginning of that file:
Code: [Select]
2019-03-29 16:54:05 BiblePay Core version 1.4.0.5
2019-03-29 16:54:05 InitParameterInteraction: parameter interaction: -externalip set -> setting -discover=0
2019-03-29 16:54:05 InitParameterInteraction: parameter interaction: -whitelistforcerelay=1 -> setting -whitelistrelay=1
2019-03-29 16:54:05 GUI: QCssParser::parseHexColor: Unknown color name '#grey'
2019-03-29 16:54:05 GUI: QCssParser::parseHexColor: Unknown color name '#yellow'
2019-03-29 16:54:05 GUI: QCssParser::parseHexColor: Unknown color name '#grey'
2019-03-29 16:54:05 ***************************************** BIBLEPAY  ***************************************************
2019-03-29 16:54:05 ProdMode: Prod 0.000000BiblePayVersion 1.4.0.5 (BiblePay Core)

It's nice that the BiblepayEvo insttall file is on main page. But I have question for Ubuntu packages. Will they be ready on Evo start? Will be there any changes in repository or the ppa:biblepay-official/mainnet remains the same? Because I'm using packages for my VPS and it wouldn't be fair to be in a disadvantage :)

And I have another wish :) It would be nice to have smart contract reward txs on wallet main page Recent transactions list, because now they are only in tx page.