Bible Pay

Read 341631 times

• lalexcross

• April 16, 2018, 04:17:51 AM
    more
Hi Alex,

Yes sir, still 4,500,001 and the easiest way it to use the EasySanc instructions up in the red sea release.

Mmmmhhhh
I need at least 3.700.000
 ;D

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
What about sms service also on the softphone?
Sounds like a cool thing to look into, Ill check.
But Ill probably work on routing first.  (Mapping to multiple #s).

• Budinga

• January 28, 2020, 02:21:29 AM
    more

We are now solving 7 minute blocks on sancs!  Pretty exciting.  It was a little hairy getting past block 428001.
SouthXChange put our wallet in maintenance and are still in process of upgrading.
Bololex and txbit.io and Chainz Block Explorer have upgraded.

My BBP hardware phone is awesome, I actually really like it.  The quality is great.  I'm going to give my son a hardware phone this week (so I have two in my house).  Had to call someone in Chicago the other day for 373 seconds and got billed a pretty cheap rate :
373   $0.146   ₿ 2753.20   f139b1df68a44681f03bf299c57033dbc176bea955ffdd7dc884f67eaffe0661   
When you make a call you get billed on chain.

Our hardware phone should be out within 30 days!  If anyone is interested in getting one, push me to get the info out sooner.  The hardware phone is about $40 and comes with a US phone number and all calls automatically get billed to the chain and has the same global rates as our softphone.

All this really involves is plugging in the phone into a cat5 jack in your house and navigating to the Config page and punching in a few lines of settings in the phone and it works immediately.  It takes your phones BBP address' private key.  Its an extremely cool setup.

Regarding our long term roadmap, there is a new service coming soon called Marqeta.  Remember we have an entry to eventually release BBP debit cards on our roadmap?  Marqeta legally integrates with cryptocurrencies in the US.  I'm hoping to get that slated as a project within a year as well (after our finances improve).  They require a certain amount of collateral to set up (dont have the details yet but I inquired).

Hi Rob,

Southxchange wallet seems to still be offline have they given you any updates on this?

Thanks.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hi Rob,

Southxchange wallet seems to still be offline have they given you any updates on this?

Thanks.
Hey Bro,

Yeah, there was some issue with building the latest release for their architecture and I just found out about the block yesterday; I posted a potential solution in their discord.  Today two of the SX engineers ack'ed.

• Budinga

• January 28, 2020, 02:21:29 AM
    more
Hey Bro,

Yeah, there was some issue with building the latest release for their architecture and I just found out about the block yesterday; I posted a potential solution in their discord.  Today two of the SX engineers ack'ed.

Thanks Rob that's great, I was just wondering how long it was gonna be, as long as they are working on it then its all good.

Take care my friend.

• oncoapop

• October 23, 2018, 12:31:17 PM
    more
Dear Rob,
I have finally managed to set up a Cantabo VPS with the specs. 8 vCPU, 30 Gb RAM, 800 Gb SSD. What is the recommended method to set up each of the sanctuaries such that I can also set up cockroachdb on the same server to optimize usage of the machine? If there is a Wiki somewhere for this process, could you please point me to it, so that I can set it up properly from the first go without having to reprovision it if I screw up.
Thank you.
Blessings
oncoapop

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Dear Rob,
I have finally managed to set up a Cantabo VPS with the specs. 8 vCPU, 30 Gb RAM, 800 Gb SSD. What is the recommended method to set up each of the sanctuaries such that I can also set up cockroachdb on the same server to optimize usage of the machine? If there is a Wiki somewhere for this process, could you please point me to it, so that I can set it up properly from the first go without having to reprovision it if I screw up.
Thank you.
Blessings
oncoapop

Hi Oncoapop,

Thats awesome.  Well there is no Temple guide yet, but, I can make one because we will absolutely have problems when we start talking about running 10 instances of biblepayd on different ports and also sharing the 10* instances of data directories (which requires a setting),  and also sharing the 10* config files (which requires a setting).  So I will be able to make one.

But in the mean time to get you started, pre-notes:
1) You won't need 10 sub vms inside the big vm, you will just need to run 10 instances of BBP to be a temple
2) You can ignore the section about Swap as thats only for nodes with < 1gb ram
3) You can ignore the developer notes and troubleshooting notes as those are primarily for building windows and mac

I recommend first just building one instance of biblepay first, and see if you get to the end of the build so that it makes a biblepayd file.
Once it gets that far it should be relatively easy for me to make a Temple guide and get you to the point where 10 are running properly.
Then I need to make yet another enhanced guide to handle the new unreleased cockroachdb cluster installer (which we can tackle after these first two big steps).

Plz follow this guide: Building BBP on linux:

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/BuildBiblePay.txt

In my case I usually install BBP prod in "/biblepay" and BBP testnet in "/biblepaytest" from the root of the drive and install everything as root (so that all paths can be written to).

(You dont need to install bbp test, just pointing it out that you can also use that big box for testing as well.

PART II:

Here is the guide to set up 10 sancs to be a Potential Temple:

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Building_A_Temple

Let me know when you get all 10 running and Ill make a guide for releasing a cockroach cluster.

Also, if you are looking for the EasySanc doc (this is what gives you the sanctuary BLS_PRIV_KEY) there is a link for it in the Red Sea release post above (the one with the red sea picture/mandatory upgrade).

« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 02:16:36 PM by Rob Andrews »

• oncoapop

more
Thank you, Rob, the guide was useful.

I used the precomplied binaries which were downloaded instead of compiling it on the server as compilation did not work on the first try.

Let's say one sanc chain is fully synced, which directories can I copy to the rest of the other /data/biblepay(n) directories so that their chain will be also synced with each of the other sancs, without having to sync from scratch for each of them, or is it necessary for temple sancs to sync from scratch (ie do template sancs communicate with one another to ensure they are internally synced with each other?) What happens when on sanc is out-of-sync, does it automatically get a consensus from internal temple sancs first or just from the blockchain on the internet?

Also, I instead of putting the conf files in a directory called /config, each of them are in the respective directories to aid trouble-shooting eg /data/biblepay1/biblepay1.conf

Would you like to commission my son who is on summer break to design some NFTs? We need to have a bit of back and forth as to what the designs are as they have to look professional and desirable!

Thank you.

Blessings
oncoapop

• oncoapop

more

I used the precomplied binaries which were downloaded instead of compiling it on the server as compilation did not work on the first try.

Let's say one sanc chain is fully synced, which directories can I copy to the rest of the other /data/biblepay(n) directories so that their chain will be also synced with each of the other sancs, without having to sync from scratch for each of them, or is it necessary for temple sancs to sync from scratch (ie do template sancs communicate with one another to ensure they are internally synced with each other?) What happens when on sanc is out-of-sync, does it automatically get a consensus from internal temple sancs first or just from the blockchain on the internet?

edit: all my 10 sancs are synced

Also, I instead of putting the conf files in a directory called /config, each of them are in the respective directories to aid trouble-shooting eg /data/biblepay1/biblepay1.conf

Would you like to commission my son who is on summer break to design some NFTs? We need to have a bit of back and forth as to what the designs are as they have to look professional and desirable!

Thank you.

Blessings
oncoapop

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

Thank you.

Blessings
oncoapop
Ok, it might be OK that you've moved the configs to other places in this case (hopefully).

Do you know what error you received in the compile and what led up to it?  Im not against using the precompiled binaries, but it doesnt make me feel too good if we go end to end building the temple and we have a basic compile problem (will probably become an issue when we get to the advanced troubleshooting with cockroachdb, possibly).

I dont want to set expectations too high on the NFT side; Im not going to have the bandwidth to talk about NFTs for quite a while; I would prefer if you work directly with the community on that so that Im not a blocker.

Any progress on testing the phone system?

• oncoapop

more
1. The error that I can see on the compile script is this:

Fetching qtbase-opensource-src-5.9.6.tar.xz from https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.9/5.9.6/submodules
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:02 --:--:--     0
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Fetching qtbase-opensource-src-5.9.6.tar.xz from https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.9/5.9.6/submodules
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
Fetching qtbase-opensource-src-5.9.6.tar.xz from https://bitcoincore.org/depends-sources
make: *** [funcs.mk:247: /root/biblepay/depends/sources/download-stamps/.stamp_fetched-qt-qtbase-opensource-src-5.9.6.tar.xz.hash] Error 22

2. The script then fails to compile at the end..
configure: error: libdb_cxx headers missing, Biblepay Core requires this library for wallet functionality (--disable-wallet to disable wallet functionality)
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Any suggestions?

Blessings
oncoapop

« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 10:19:43 AM by oncoapop »

• oncoapop

more
On further inspection https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/
Requested: https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.9

Version 5.9 no longer exists on the site. can we substitute another version?

Blessings
oncoapop

• oncoapop

more
One more basic question:
For the Windows Desktop BMS server ie unchained.

How does one sign in? I cannot perform any actions without signing in and I am sorry but I cannot figure out how to sign in.

I think I was signed in previously as I could add the NFTs, but I am not signed in at present.

Thank you.

Blessings
oncoapop

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
One more basic question:
For the Windows Desktop BMS server ie unchained.

How does one sign in? I cannot perform any actions without signing in and I am sorry but I cannot figure out how to sign in.

I think I was signed in previously as I could add the NFTs, but I am not signed in at present.

Thank you.

Blessings
oncoapop
Hi bro Oncoapop,

The way authentication works on Desktop unchained is if you have a New wallet, (and no Unchained keypair yet in your Receiving addresses list) , we create one and then we create an 'unchained.conf' file in the data directory (similar to wallet.dat).
That keypair is then used for authentication and spending within all of unchained.  (Phone calls are billed there and file hosting is billed there too, and you can spend from that key from the unchained wallet page).
If you move your system you would have to copy that unchained.conf and then it would authenticate as you again.
(On a side note I sent you an email a few weeks back using this forum email address you have on file).
You can go to Profile and change your Nickname and click save, and that should save your record and prove when you move machine to machine you are logged in.

One more thing, when you have phone numbers attached to that key they stay with that key, so its very important to keep that file once phone numbers and NFTs are attached to that key.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
On further inspection https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/
Requested: https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.9

Version 5.9 no longer exists on the site. can we substitute another version?

Blessings
oncoapop

You also asked:

-> I havent found a way to make multiple sanc instances share a data directory (I think thats impossible).  I just have one data directory per sanc.  So they all sync individually right now.  Mainly because database locking - you cant share the database file with more than one node at a time.  (If you are bootstrapping you can ungzip a copy of the synced folder in first; which we dont publish yet but we should in the future).

Ok, thanks for the detailed compile report.
Ive reproduced this on one of my boxes and it is exactly as you say, a build dependency issue is missing and would have affected any upstream coin as well (AKA Dash, Bitcoin) until the build dependency script was fixed (which it looks like it was fixed in the future because there have been commits made to bitcoin and dash for this).  Yes/No on using a new version; No in the sense you cant just change it as it requires a hash and compatibility, but Yes it can be fixed other ways but is very tedious.

The issue with changing these dependencies is there are a whole slew of patches with different QT versions and we cant simply pull the latest Depends(build) files from DASH, because they are Only compatible with recent builds, and you cant change the QT version without disrupting the patches.
Best bet is to inherit all these Depends changes at once during our next rebase and in the mean time fix the dependency URL to point to a real download of 5.9 from somewhere else on the internet.

Ok, now that I know of the problem Ill see if I can host QT 5.9 on the biblepay server a little later and see if that fixes it with a clean build.

Will you be testing a phone call soon?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 06:38:59 AM by Rob Andrews »