Bible Pay

Read 303216 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #645 on: November 05, 2020, 09:43:21 AM »
No PoDC rewards today as well. Looking at the superblock, it seems to have distributed only DWS rewards. I am pretty sure I am not the only one having problems with PoDC, believe this is a global problem. Is there anything we can do to help out?

** Global BiblePay PODC outage for 5 days - fixed **

Ok the problem is fixed.

So basically what happened was on Nov 1st, there was a microsoft update released for buffer overflows (I believe this caused the IIS web server to be patched also), and as of that point, the boinc file for wcg started getting processed as an ASP file instead of XML, which caused all the rows to be missing (for the last 5 days).

Now a change has been made on the server side to handle the file properly -- and now when you reboot the biblepay client you will see the 2,000+ cpids load again.

(You dont really have to reboot if you want to just wait, they reload in about 4-8 hours automatically).

However there is one additional issue:  Since the wallet could not find the CPIDs, the leaderboard will still be empty until the new gsc's go out automatically today.  So they should slowly repopulate.

If anyone would like to claim the lost BBP, I will pay for it, just send me an email to [email protected] ( or you can post something here ), with the estimated value and the CPID.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

PS:  I also added a diary entry.  You should see a couple new prayers in 'leaderboard' in a couple hours.

4300 BBP
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:46:22 AM by Rob Andrews »

• talisman

• March 26, 2018, 07:42:24 AM
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #646 on: November 05, 2020, 10:01:18 AM »
Hi Rob!

Glad it was only a file format issue. I rebooted just now, and all I see on the leaderboard is you, oncoapop3, and Sakic (!) for the healing campaign. I will give it a couple hours before I bug you again :)

As for the BBP redistribution, I liked the detail and accuracy of Sun's work in the past in a similar case. Instead of members putting extra load on you, may I kindly ask Sun look into this as a whole?

1200 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #647 on: November 05, 2020, 10:04:22 AM »
exiting ideas :D

1000 BBP

Yes, in the end, I think BBP would best be served if we are regarded as a useful (and reliable) service - for something - that is decentralized.

You may ask, why wouldnt I just give my crypto directly to Compassion or Cameroon, but what I think we can do, and this is realistic (not a pie in the sky endeavor):
We are starting to make relationships with quality orphanages, and of course we value all of our relationships so this statement is not going against Cameroon or Compassion.
What Im saying is we need to have a decentralized list of 'orphan opportunities' for the global public, and the trust that when a donation is made to our global address the funds are dispersed without overhead to one new orphan (that we already sponsor, due to having a buffer).  If we dont sponsor the orphan we will add those new ones automatically.

So they receive an immediate result, even if they dont want a long term commitment.  The other benefit is with SAI for example we have 35+ new children (half very new) for $20 per month.  The whale(s) are paying about half for these.  This is a good example of a value add we provide (in contrast to simply paying compassion $38 per month).  The crypto user could literally send $10 per month and we would guarantee this SAI orphan is actually sponsored for 30 days.

Maybe we need to also improve our trust with the public by offering bounties to prove the existence of all of our orphans.  I added about 35 to our portfolio over the last few months no one has realized (because of the deal with SAI).  Maybe I should offer 2 mil to audit the children.  Someone should write a quarterly report with all the childrens BIOs in it, and what they did to prove these kids exist.  Im sure each orphanage could provide a blurb about the legitimacy of the children if we did that.

So anyway to expound a little further, we need to be great at a few things that makes us a certain beautiful animal in the wild, that attracts everyone.
I feel like mining was moderately interesting - novel - in the early stages and we dedicated a massive amount of time towards unique (KJV) mining, then PODC and RandomX, and so far both RX and PODC are illuminating us - as a do-good type brand, which is good, but we have absolutely nothing for the general public (we are still a niche for the hobbyist).

So other than a public interface with trust, (imagine if communities like Binance and Coinbase gave just 1% to BiblePay in the future), we need a couple more things to be working in parallel.  I have no problem jumping on one of these, but we need a couple more devs dedicated to decentralizing the other things.  Im going to work on BiblePay TV, fervently soon.

Lets imagine:
Public facing trustworthy charity giving - for orphan sponsorships that we guarantee are unique
Payment for transactions for either HTTPS-bitcoin web servers, or pay-per-view type services

I think if we pull those off this time with quality, that might be all we need.  It would earn us our place in the crypto world.

I still believe we did a great job on the older features - boinc - mining - GSC contracts - the gen3 wallet design - etc.

Anyway, on the bright side BBP has gained a massive amount of experience since 2017.
The major stride we made with efficiency, although no one realizes it is like night and day.

Look at this, in our reward schedule for our coinbase, we only pay rewards when our price is rising, and even the reward is denominated through merge mining as half XMR (thats got to be the most efficient, more efficient than DOGE), and, now our Sancs sponsor one orphan each.  (That means they are 99% efficient because they only exist if they sponsor an orphan bringing their count low).  <- This is a good foundation.

4300 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #648 on: November 05, 2020, 10:06:10 AM »
Hi Rob!

Glad it was only a file format issue. I rebooted just now, and all I see on the leaderboard is you, oncoapop3, and Sakic (!) for the healing campaign. I will give it a couple hours before I bug you again :)

As for the BBP redistribution, I liked the detail and accuracy of Sun's work in the past in a similar case. Instead of members putting extra load on you, may I kindly ask Sun look into this as a whole?
Sure if he wants to volunteer!  Its up to him.

Thanks!

4300 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #649 on: November 05, 2020, 10:18:56 AM »
Do we have any other Germans here other than Dave?

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=689.msg8794#msg8794

4300 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #650 on: November 05, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
So far, here is one plan to decentralize biblepays foundation (and provide transparency for decentralized orphan sponsorships):

- Modify governance to allow a vote to Add or Delete an orphan.  An orphan would consist of 'Orphanid, Charity, Name, URL, Amount, Date Added, (and possibly gender and age but some orphanages frown on providing the gender and age - due to child trafficking regs).  When the vote succeeds we will actually store the orphan in the chain.

- Modify governance to allow adding or deleting a charity.  A charity is the Charity Name and the BBP Send to Address.

- Add an engine that is smart enough to allocate funds to a charity based on percentages of costs per sponsored orphan.

- Add a decentralized relay to bbp for the charity.  This means that BBP would automatically pay the stored charity the funds received for the month.  It would do this because we would make the global giving address a burn address, and the monthly governance payout a payment contract.  This would mean no human would actually be involved in the collection or dispursement to the charity!

- When a charity BBP address changes, the sancs would vote to delete a charity then add a charity (this would edit the record).

- Add a feature to list the children to the RPC, so that people will be encouraged to sponsor children who are waiting.

- The system would be smart enough to handle excess children (for example our SAI children are being paid for right now monthly -- but are not yet sponsored by a user).

- We would have a separate donation address for 'whale matches'.  The system would be smart enough to tally and allocate whale matches also, to reduce the price of sponsorships.

This would theoretically make us into a true DAC also.

Does this feature sound like something that would propel us to the forefront, and make us more trustworthy for Binance charity and Coinbase to donate to us?

We will definitely cover the scenarios where someone donates a LOT, or a Little:

So far the baby plan for 'A lot' is this:
- Donald Trump donates 50MM BBP for no reason to the actual orphan donation address (not the whale match address).  What would happen is due to the engine rules, is each registered charity would receive their excess payment based on the percentages and we would notify Cameroon for example, to add children (we can do this up front).  We can tell orphanages if you receive too much, add children for us.  Then that month we would add children to the portfolio using the governance system.

- Too little:
Over time we would vote to reduce our portfolio.  In the interim, our orphanages would receive less than enough to cover the monthly expenses.

AUDITING:

We could offer a quarterly bounty to audit the orphan collage.  I would like to see a PDF report for our investors that summarizes the portfolio once per quarter.  I dont mind paying 2-3 MM for this in the beginning, until we can afford to pay for it out of the governance budget again.  I think this would be a nice report to post occasionally!  Even bi-annually would be sufficient, I think to earn trust. Would anyone like to take on the first one for 2020?  Ill add a bounty for 4MM for the first one.

EXAMPLE USAGE:

Once the system is in prod, it would be advertised like this:

Give to BIBLEPAY today, and automatically sponsor an orphan:

Send 100,000 BBP to NNNNNNN and sponsor an orphan for 30 days!
Send 1MM to NNNNN and sponsor an orphan for a year!

Send 1MM to ZZZZZZ and become a matching whale, which lowers the cost of orphan sponsorships for everyone else!

Your donation will be show in our RPC report, and its impact as a percentage of our monthly sponsorships!

See our orphan collage here:
(This report would pull dynamically from BBP data, then construct its collage.  The other reports can pull from BBP core also).  This would make them all dynamic.

FAQ:

Q:  What makes a DAC any better than plain vanilla governance?
A:  With a DAC, we don't need to manually liquidate the monthly donations (leaving a point of failure between BBP operations and the trusted individual who collects the funds).  Even with a multi-sig scenario we would have a bottleneck with 2-3 individuals appointed to the post.  Also, in the scenario where we had Compassion and BLOOM, we had to manually allocate the USD and forward these liquidations over to two more people.  I believe with an automated DAC, trust will increase because we will place the impetus of processing the payment directly on the third party charity.  If a charity fails, it will be a public spectacle and BBP will sadly need to delete that charity and vote in a new charity.  It would also give us more transparency, as the children would be in the chain, then we could write more detailed reports.  No one will forget to run the monthly individual processes and pieces required to run a charity or enter the accounting records into multiple systems.

4300 BBP
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:00:27 AM by Rob Andrews »

• talisman

• March 26, 2018, 07:42:24 AM
    more
« Reply #651 on: November 06, 2020, 07:05:13 AM »
Hi Rob,

I am afraid the fix has not propagated. Today's superblock skipped PoDC payments again, and leaderboard does not show any WCG points (for anyone).

There are several of us monitoring the PoDC payments on a daily basis, and I for one would be willing to help out if there is some sort of a watchdog and fix functionality community members could perform.

1200 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
« Reply #652 on: November 06, 2020, 08:22:19 AM »
Good morning, all and TGIF!

Just to jog my memory, foundation.biblepay.org mining is the same as mining on bbp.miningpool.fun. Is that correct?

Lastly, is there any mining to be done through the wallet any longer? Or, is that deprecated now due to the use of XMRig?

Thanks and God bless!

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #653 on: November 06, 2020, 09:03:06 AM »
Good morning, all and TGIF!

Just to jog my memory, foundation.biblepay.org mining is the same as mining on bbp.miningpool.fun. Is that correct?

Lastly, is there any mining to be done through the wallet any longer? Or, is that deprecated now due to the use of XMRig?

Thanks and God bless!

Yes, foundation.biblepay is the exact same site as bbp.miningpool (except I have some opensource, which is in the github, modules enabled and being used for gospel features and rapture dreams and tips enabled on foundation).

As far as mining in the core wallet, we do have RandomX compiled inside the core and you can solo mine from the core, but, due to the optimization and limited memory of the core, its a very slow miner, its at least 10, maybe 100* slower than the RX miner.  You may ask, why have it, there are a few good reasons.

One it keeps the chain moving if all randomx merge mining stops (IE both pools go down).  Two, it also works to fill the gaps if a pool gets blacklisted due to not paying for the orphan sponsorships from money earned.  Etc.

TGIF TO YOU TOO, BROTHER IN CHRIST!

4300 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #654 on: November 06, 2020, 10:07:03 AM »

Thats not good!

Alrighty let me look at this.  As far as backup options, I would think we need something like that.  I mean they will have to be trained to understand the c# code and stuff, yes.  We actually have a decentralized version of boinc assimilator in the very early version of biblepay, but it needs modified for WCG.  Anyway lets talk about that after its fixed.

Ok, its fixed now.  There were two issues.  So yesterday when I fixed it, I thought it was fixed because A) My page of cpids loaded that did not load in my test environment, and B) The leaderboard had a couple entries going in.  But in reality there was a second issue that needed fixed (a 4MB limit added that was not there before, causing c++ to not actually scan through the CPIDs), so now it is actually fixed.

We should see the leaderboard populate now as people reboot or wait 4-8 hours.

4300 BBP

• coinsinspect

• July 25, 2018, 09:03:51 AM
    more
« Reply #655 on: November 08, 2020, 07:51:59 AM »
I am getting PODC payment again  :D

1000 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #656 on: November 10, 2020, 09:19:22 AM »
No it hasnt.   Ive put healing prayers in over the last 15 days and they showed up. 

Yes theres a new problem as of a couple days ago but its not 12 months old.

4300 BBP

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I meant when the PoDC leaderboard was blank, I only saw healing prayer from sakic that day only.

2700 BBP
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #657 on: November 11, 2020, 09:47:46 AM »

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I meant when the PoDC leaderboard was blank, I only saw healing prayer from sakic that day only.

2700 BBP

Yes, sorry about that, I thought you meant the same prayer has been stuck for 12 months.
Has Sakic been putting in the same prayer about his sisters knee repeatedly and getting compensated for it more than one time?

4300 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #658 on: November 16, 2020, 07:38:21 PM »
** Womans daughter needs Eye Surgery from Graves Disease **

So, I prayed for this womans mother about 15 months ago, and she was miraculously healed of a torn achilles tendon (so much that she is no longer on crutches).
Anyway her daughter needs eye surgery and they don't have insurance.

If anyone feels compelled to help, here is her gofundme page:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-my-daughter-get-her-eyes-back-to-normal?utm_medium=social&utm_source=whatsapp&utm_campaign=p_nacp+share-sheet&rcid=3cb6944605984937b669601f5f7b5701

Thanks!

4300 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #659 on: November 17, 2020, 12:31:16 AM »
This is great to see the DAC idea is becoming more concrete. Overall, I think this is a great idea and anything to automate the process into an automate process is really a beautiful solution. As a product, you could really benefit the charity, non-profit industry, and show what transparency is about. Too often, we just don't know where the money goes and it just seems like a giant black hole.  It would be easy to advertise especially unique URLs that goes to a specific child on the web site. Also, a CSV or JSON export of data will make nice reports and charts easier.

A few specific questions (not to detract from the overall idea -- just curious):

> - When a charity BBP address changes, the sancs would vote to delete a charity then add a charity (this would edit the record).

What happens to existing children recorded against the previous charity? Or are children and charity not related in that way?

> - Add an engine that is smart enough to allocate funds to a charity based on percentages of costs per sponsored orphan.

How will the accounting work if every child is a sub percentage of 100%? I wonder if it'll create accounting difficulty as opposed to fully funding each child and then the last child would receive what is remaining. Don't charities often have gap insurance to cover any dropped children?

So far, here is one plan to decentralize biblepays foundation (and provide transparency for decentralized orphan sponsorships):

- Modify governance to allow a vote to Add or Delete an orphan.  An orphan would consist of 'Orphanid, Charity, Name, URL, Amount, Date Added, (and possibly gender and age but some orphanages frown on providing the gender and age - due to child trafficking regs).  When the vote succeeds we will actually store the orphan in the chain.

- Modify governance to allow adding or deleting a charity.  A charity is the Charity Name and the BBP Send to Address.

- Add an engine that is smart enough to allocate funds to a charity based on percentages of costs per sponsored orphan.

- Add a decentralized relay to bbp for the charity.  This means that BBP would automatically pay the stored charity the funds received for the month.  It would do this because we would make the global giving address a burn address, and the monthly governance payout a payment contract.  This would mean no human would actually be involved in the collection or dispursement to the charity!

- When a charity BBP address changes, the sancs would vote to delete a charity then add a charity (this would edit the record).

- Add a feature to list the children to the RPC, so that people will be encouraged to sponsor children who are waiting.

- The system would be smart enough to handle excess children (for example our SAI children are being paid for right now monthly -- but are not yet sponsored by a user).

- We would have a separate donation address for 'whale matches'.  The system would be smart enough to tally and allocate whale matches also, to reduce the price of sponsorships.

This would theoretically make us into a true DAC also.

Does this feature sound like something that would propel us to the forefront, and make us more trustworthy for Binance charity and Coinbase to donate to us?

We will definitely cover the scenarios where someone donates a LOT, or a Little:

So far the baby plan for 'A lot' is this:
- Donald Trump donates 50MM BBP for no reason to the actual orphan donation address (not the whale match address).  What would happen is due to the engine rules, is each registered charity would receive their excess payment based on the percentages and we would notify Cameroon for example, to add children (we can do this up front).  We can tell orphanages if you receive too much, add children for us.  Then that month we would add children to the portfolio using the governance system.

- Too little:
Over time we would vote to reduce our portfolio.  In the interim, our orphanages would receive less than enough to cover the monthly expenses.

AUDITING:

We could offer a quarterly bounty to audit the orphan collage.  I would like to see a PDF report for our investors that summarizes the portfolio once per quarter.  I dont mind paying 2-3 MM for this in the beginning, until we can afford to pay for it out of the governance budget again.  I think this would be a nice report to post occasionally!  Even bi-annually would be sufficient, I think to earn trust. Would anyone like to take on the first one for 2020?  Ill add a bounty for 4MM for the first one.

EXAMPLE USAGE:

Once the system is in prod, it would be advertised like this:

Give to BIBLEPAY today, and automatically sponsor an orphan:

Send 100,000 BBP to NNNNNNN and sponsor an orphan for 30 days!
Send 1MM to NNNNN and sponsor an orphan for a year!

Send 1MM to ZZZZZZ and become a matching whale, which lowers the cost of orphan sponsorships for everyone else!

Your donation will be show in our RPC report, and its impact as a percentage of our monthly sponsorships!

See our orphan collage here:
(This report would pull dynamically from BBP data, then construct its collage.  The other reports can pull from BBP core also).  This would make them all dynamic.

FAQ:

Q:  What makes a DAC any better than plain vanilla governance?
A:  With a DAC, we don't need to manually liquidate the monthly donations (leaving a point of failure between BBP operations and the trusted individual who collects the funds).  Even with a multi-sig scenario we would have a bottleneck with 2-3 individuals appointed to the post.  Also, in the scenario where we had Compassion and BLOOM, we had to manually allocate the USD and forward these liquidations over to two more people.  I believe with an automated DAC, trust will increase because we will place the impetus of processing the payment directly on the third party charity.  If a charity fails, it will be a public spectacle and BBP will sadly need to delete that charity and vote in a new charity.  It would also give us more transparency, as the children would be in the chain, then we could write more detailed reports.  No one will forget to run the monthly individual processes and pieces required to run a charity or enter the accounting records into multiple systems.

4300 BBP

2700 BBP
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 12:52:15 AM by sunk818 »
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ