Bible Pay

Read 298517 times

• satoshi0x

• September 22, 2020, 11:04:40 PM
    more
This is the most fun project to participate in in crypto and I do marketing and promotion work for Devcoin  ;D

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Tweeted: https://twitter.com/BiblePay/status/1375313745715597313

A ton of bullish news for BiblePay!

Market cap is still less than 1 million dollars, we are still very early!!!

Thank you very much Togo.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Just an idea for us to keep on the radar:

We could provide DWU bearing USB flash drives as gifts delivered to peoples door or e-mail using the rpc.

For instance someone who wants to send a gift could create a 'DWU bearing UTXO staking wallet.dat file' with an RPC command- this would then trigger the wallet.dat to be created, the utxo to be taken from the main wallet, the utxo to be created with a nickname (of the recipient), then the output wallet.dat could then be auto written to the drive then to go to a USB gift drive or e-mailed to a user with an encrypted zip (or through biblepay-core with our encrypted email) or delivered via fedex.

The recipient would already be in the leaderboard even if they dont ever download biblepay, the flash drive would keep earning DWU.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more

You can find a crypto tax/accountant if you want... but you can also roll your own. Just take any values of crypto from coinmarketcap taking an average of the day (add up all four values, low-high-average, etc). Then tie them into any time you buy or sell the crypto. Then use the fiat values to figure out how much is taxable. You'd have to keep track of your balance on 1/1/2020 and then again on 1/1/2021 to see what you've bought & sold crypto wise in that time. you only pay tax on what you've gained fiat wise. i'm not clear if you pay like it is capital gains for profit less than 1 year vs 1+ years, so it wouldn't hurt to get consultation from a tax expert. Most will answer or give you a free 15 minutes consultation which should be enough to get an answer.

I have a question to those of you in the USofA -
I am trying to do the right thing with my taxes and cryptocurrencies. Can you suggest any services that might help me to wrap up all of the .csv files from wallets and exchanges for a complete picture of holdings and earnings? It seems rather complex and my brain hurts, but I want to honor God and do it right the first time. Any help is appreciated!
Radar
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more

Great job Rob. I had a little issue with easystakebbp because I didn't have enough "change". So I had to do an exec bankroll first. I wonder if there's an easier way to make easybbpstakework. I don't know the technicalities of how locking of the tx works... but it'd be nice if easybbpstake could handle that for me. As mining PoDC ends, how important is it to ensure large aged coins remain aged? I'm just thinking of new users and helping them encounter less friction using easybbpstake and to help BBP grow. Thanks for reading!

BiblePay 1.5.5.3-Leisure Upgrade

- Add ETHEREUM staking
- Add ETHer price to exec price

Windows and Linux have been released.  MIP will notify when MAC is ready.

Now you can stake your ETHEREUM with BIBLEPAY.  Please use the 'easystake' command with ticker "ETH".

For more information on staking:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/UTXO_Mining

Please MIP or Togo tweet this out.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Great job Rob. I had a little issue with easystakebbp because I didn't have enough "change". So I had to do an exec bankroll first. I wonder if there's an easier way to make easybbpstakework. I don't know the technicalities of how locking of the tx works... but it'd be nice if easybbpstake could handle that for me. As mining PoDC ends, how important is it to ensure large aged coins remain aged? I'm just thinking of new users and helping them encounter less friction using easybbpstake and to help BBP grow. Thanks for reading!

Hi Sun,

Im glad your stake worked in the end.  Yes, the 'require change for stake' rule was just put in to primarily allow people who want to stake their entire wallet [to prevent them] from spending the last coin(s).  For example, if a person only has 30K, and say they have 3 10K bills, if we used that last one for the fee, the last stake would always fail, etc.  So anyway yes, there is certainly a way to handle it automatically, as a matter of fact we could probably just generate the change transaction in the easy stake process first, and then spend that change for the stake itself.  Ill put a todo on my list for our testnet branch to test that.

In the post-podc era, you dont even need any aged coins really for anything, except with a small caveaut.  The coins must be 1 day old to earn the chance to receive the coinbase reward on a utxo stake. 

I see our difficulty is at an all time high right now, 9.18!  Not sure whats going on with the RX miners.  Praise God.

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
You can find a crypto tax/accountant if you want... but you can also roll your own. Just take any values of crypto from coinmarketcap taking an average of the day (add up all four values, low-high-average, etc). Then tie them into any time you buy or sell the crypto. Then use the fiat values to figure out how much is taxable. You'd have to keep track of your balance on 1/1/2020 and then again on 1/1/2021 to see what you've bought & sold crypto wise in that time. you only pay tax on what you've gained fiat wise. i'm not clear if you pay like it is capital gains for profit less than 1 year vs 1+ years, so it wouldn't hurt to get consultation from a tax expert. Most will answer or give you a free 15 minutes consultation which should be enough to get an answer.
Thank you, Sun. I appreciate the help. I think this is what I will need to do, as the website that I am attempting to use doesn't natively import BBP Wallet, nor SouthXChange .csv files. There are other options, of course, but April 15 is coming soon. Simply put, yes, there are differences between holding >1 year and <1 year - and they are capital gains taxes. With the BBP wallet, at least I can prove FIFO for 2019-2020. Thanks again and God bless.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
We could still use help from a few more testers (and preferably 2 more sanctuaries to be set up) here:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=762.15

So we can test all of our legacy features, llmq-instant-send, and chainlocks.

We are very close to being able to test chainlocks any day now!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
** DYNAMIC WHALE STAKING UPDATE **

This is an update on our Legacy DWS system (not our production UTXO staking system):

Due to our 2MM bbp per day limit on legacy DWS payouts there may be a discrepency on what you received in your DWS reward vs. your original promised reward (IE we limited the payout and shorted some people inadvertently because of this cap).

I wrote a new report called the DWS Final Reconciliation Report that will detect any anomalies over the entire span (from block 140,000 to the tip).  What we are going to do is run this on the last day of this wallet version of the prod wallet (IE during the next mandatory upgrade, which will most likely be in June 2021 - that is the date when we retire DWS permanently).  You will automatically receive any reconciliation amount into your CPK on the last day, so have no fear your reward will be issued to the exact amount in June!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
** UTXO Staking on Steroids **

Please comment on this if you like it or not:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=768.new#new

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

Weekly BiblePay Prayer Call - Business Update

Continuing this Sunday at 2PM CST/7PM UTC (April 4th, 2021) we will be holding our third 60 minute prayer call (and business update):

The agenda:
30 minutes: Prayers with Evangelist Patrick & Rob (this includes prayers for the world, our prayer list, warfare, healing, and finally
 BiblePays future).
15 minutes: Business Update (what we are working on and important immediate issues, new ideas for the Christian dashboard)
15 minutes: Questions from Pat or the audience

Who is Evangelist Pat?  He is our prayer co-captain and founder of Haven of Refuge, a ministry that specializes in deliverance from PTSD.

Please join us on Sunday:

https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/rob8694/host

Update:  Last week we had 4 participants and we had a great time, the prayers were edifying and the update helped set our course for the future.  Please join in this weekend!

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more

I believe tax due for 2021 was extended to May 17, 2021

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-day-for-individuals-extended-to-may-17-treasury-irs-extend-filing-and-payment-deadline#:~:text=Taxpayers%20should%20pay%20their%20federal%20income%20tax%20due,payments%20that%20are%20due%20on%20April%2015%2C%202021.

Taxpayers should pay their federal income tax due by May 17, 2021, to avoid interest and penalties.

The IRS urges taxpayers who are due a refund to file as soon as possible. Most tax refunds associated with e-filed returns are issued within 21 days.

Thank you, Sun. I appreciate the help. I think this is what I will need to do, as the website that I am attempting to use doesn't natively import BBP Wallet, nor SouthXChange .csv files. There are other options, of course, but April 15 is coming soon. Simply put, yes, there are differences between holding >1 year and <1 year - and they are capital gains taxes. With the BBP wallet, at least I can prove FIFO for 2019-2020. Thanks again and God bless.

• jsheets1970

• June 28, 2019, 05:00:13 PM
    more
Might want to check the block chain. Believe it has been hung for 6 hours

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

Weekly BiblePay Prayer Call - Business Update

Continuing this Sunday at 2PM CST/7PM UTC (April 11th, 2021) we will be holding our third 60 minute prayer call (and business update):

The agenda:
30 minutes: Prayers with Evangelist Patrick & Rob (this includes prayers for the world, our prayer list, warfare, healing, and finally
 BiblePays future).
15 minutes: Business Update (what we are working on and important immediate issues, new ideas for the Christian dashboard)
15 minutes: Questions from Pat or the audience

Who is Evangelist Pat?  He is our prayer co-captain and founder of Haven of Refuge, a ministry that specializes in deliverance from PTSD.

Please join us on Sunday:

https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/rob8694/host

NOTE:  This is a recurring prayer call for every Sunday, so unless we change the schedule we will automatically continue this every week.