Bible Pay

Read 15807 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hi.
So, I've tried to run testnet BBP and I have problem to connect.
I have 1521, but don't know if it's 1521b, or not. I've downloaded it few hours back from first post of this thread.
I'm stucked on block 51851.
I've tried clean install, blockchain delete, ... but nothing worked. Still stucked.
Any idea?
Sorry, I forgot to deploy it.

Please try downloading now.

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
Hi Orbis, is this windows version?
yes. W10 64bit.
And BTW, it installed in same directory as proper BBP and my BBP standard wallet is in new version...
Is that problem?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
yes. W10 64bit.
And BTW, it installed in same directory as proper BBP and my BBP standard wallet is in new version...
Is that problem?

Normally, it would be, but Ill explain why not.
A) The location of the install directory is set by you.  So what I usually do is install testnet builds in my program files\testnet directory (for the EXE) on windows then I run them with the -conf=biblepaytest.conf when I test them, just to ensure my binary never gets mixed with the current prod binary.  Then you can test on your home windows box without a problem.
B) You have to normally be careful not to run a testnet version against your prod wallet (and your prod blockchain files).  As testnet versions contain new params and stuff and could corrupt them.  So thats why I always start the testnet version pointing to a different -conf file switch.
C) In the case of today however, this version passed test and is being released to prod so its OK if you ran it against your prod files - as it will be in prod in a few days anyway. 
D) I still recommend overwriting your Prod version with the version that will be announced on the forum thread tomorrow, because, that version has an extra spork in it for APM.  Your testnet only works for a certain # of days in prod etc.

But feel free to do any more testing if you want, but I didnt have a lot of responses over the last 75 days so I had to unit test all of it in order to get it out today.

I want to get it out because we have some things that need to get started in prod (POOS etc).

What I mean is testing is still valuable for BIPFS, etc.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Just out of curiosity can you please check if your download of mac was from today?
I found the 1.5.2.1 release was bad and we re-released today with a couple changes.

Once you reinstall, please sync from zero, as llmqs have changed since our last testnet session(s).

Thanks,
Rob

Okay, I'll try DMG again. I think I remember why you said new builds sometimes have the same version number as before.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
Normally, it would be, but Ill explain why not.
A) The location of the install directory is set by you.  So what I usually do is install testnet builds in my program files\testnet directory (for the EXE) on windows then I run them with the -conf=biblepaytest.conf when I test them, just to ensure my binary never gets mixed with the current prod binary.  Then you can test on your home windows box without a problem.

Problem was, that previous testnets used "c:\Program Files (x86)\" and prod "c:\Program Files\"...
Now I don't see this change and testnet was installed in classic prod "c:\Program Files\" :)
Next time I'll take a better look on that and install it in different folder again :)
BTW: Today I was get over that stucked block, so I'm synced in testnet