• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
BiblePay Q2 2020 Update:
https://medium.com/biblepay-news/biblepay-q2-2020-updates-27f7a5e7fe06

Any and all feedback welcome, anyone can copy and use as well

=

I seem to have lost access to the BiblePay.org website for user account togo, I can login but cant really do anything

I wanted to send out email newsletter for mandatory upgrade and Q2 update

If someone else has access and can send, please do!

I went into the WP-admin portal and checked your account.  I increased permissions to Editor- please see if that works; if it does not we may have to increase permissions for the newsletter (but I don't see specific newsletter permissions).

Hey Rob, I logged into the biblepay website, I am able to see all pages now, but I cannot see newsletter plugin hmmm

Screenshot:  https://i.imgur.com/tECZvwW.png

This recent post doesnt look good for Editor role for Newsletter plugin:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-give-access-to-author-to-see-newsletter-plugin-details/

Anyways, Should be pretty easy to setup and send the newsletter, In the past I used to build up the whole thing, but now I just link the Medium article, Can just do a copy of the previous newsletter and change the title, links and text

Hey Rob, were you able to send an email newsletter?

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more

and this is correct on the RAM?
"RandomX uses up 256Meg of memory per mining thread"?, Thanks!

No i dont think so, atleast from what i understand..
So no matter what your cores/threads the miner will allocate little more then 2gb per cpu for fast mode which desktop pcs use.
The higher ram needed  is good to discourage botnets and what not.

Doing some quoting here:

RandomX can operate in two main modes with different memory requirements:

Fast mode - requires 2080 MiB of shared memory.
Light mode - requires only 256 MiB of shared memory, but runs significantly slower

16 KiB of L1 cache, 256 KiB of L2 cache and 2 MiB of L3 cache per mining thread
(for optimal performance)

At least 2.5 GiB of free RAM per NUMA node
Multiple memory channels may be required:
DDR3 memory is limited to about 1500-2000 H/s per channel (depending on frequency and timings)
DDR4 memory is limited to about 4000-6000 H/s per channel (depending on frequency and timings)

The ram usually not a problem.  Whats imortant would be how much cache the cpu has for example why new Ryzen cpus are so good at randomX is because of the high amount of cache they have.

So lets say a intel 9900k 8c/16 threads which has L1 cache 512 KiB, L2 cache 2 MiB, L3 cache 16 MiB. Due to the l2/l3 cache limitations that even though you have 16 threads any more then 8 threads will not give any boost in hashrate.

Then look at lets say 3700x 8c/16t which has L1 cache 512 KiB, L2 cache 4MiB, L3 cache 32 MiB. There we have enough cache to utilize  all the 16 threads for optimal performance.

Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
I saw that our diff spiked to 3.8 earlier, that was very cool to see!
(Also that 3.5MM more burns occurred in DWS, thats also cool, and some traffic hitting SX).

On a side note I was thinking yesterday how nice it would be if we could order pizza with biblepay (for delivery).

I'm going to be checking this endeavor out next.

I think it might be possible to do with our dashpay system:
https://www.bitrefill.com/buy/dominos-usa/?hl=en

But let me check into domino's delivery policies for gift cards, etc.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
*** BiblePay Pizza Delivery is LIVE - How do I order PIZZA with BIBLEPAY for Instant Delivery ? ***

1.  Navigate to https://www.bitrefill.com/buy/dominos-usa/?hl=en
2.  Click Buy a gift card (I used the $20 option which was enough for a large pizza with one topping + delivery charges (total=$17))
3.  Click Add to Cart | Cart | Pay with DashPay
4.  When the screen refreshes you will see the Dash address (waiting for payment)
5.  Copy the Dash address to the clipboard
6.  From biblepay, click Tools | Console.  Type:
dashpay dash_pizza_address dash_pizza_amount 1
(The address and amount are quoted on the web page, you should copy those values)
7.  Once the command succeeds you will have the TXID
8.  At this time the bitrefill website will be displaying your Dominos gift card credit card number and PIN
9.  Navigate to 'https://dominos.com'
10.  Order a pizza | Check Out | During Check out select GIFT CARD | Type in the Gift card # you can see in step  8 | Check Out | Deliver to Address

Congratulations!  You just bought a dominos pizza in less than 7 minutes!

In my case, not only did I buy the pizza with BiblePay (for the first time), but the delivery ETA is only 25 minutes (TOTAL).

I'll let you know how the pizza was later.  In my case they are delivery with contactless delivery (meaning they will leave it on the porch).

EDIT:  One cool bonus you get from this:  They have a real time map showing where the driver is etc when you refresh to check on the order.

EDIT II:  I made a wiki page for this so this can be a permanent feature:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Pizza_Delivery

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 09:31:57 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Costa82

• April 23, 2020, 09:10:05 PM
    more
I have an orphan update and a side project for someone to take on:

I've been trying to negotiate a wholesale rate for orphans through SAI.NGO (Venezuelan orphans), however Steven the President has been affected by coronavirus, and, they are battling civil unrest in the actual orphanage (and government arrests, etc).  So he put our deal on hold until further notice.  That deal was to provide us with $20 per month wholesale orphans With BIOS.

What Id like is for someone to look at globalgiving.org, and see if you can contact a lot of the bigger orphanages (like the one in India), but, we need them to be guidestar certified.  If someone could reach out to them and try to negotiate low rates (IE $25 per month or so) for a block of 30-40 orphans.  The company must have a perfect track record and be at least midsize so people can trust them.  (IE over $1 mil per year revenue and preferably a platinum certification -- not just a globalgiving cert).   And Id like them to be able to create orphan BIOS also such as this one:  https://biblepay.cameroonone.org/bios/70380d46.htm

What Im trying to do is add features to our foundation where we can accept crypto donations that help sponsor orphans monthly or fractionally.  For example, donate now to help 2 orphans.  Or, donate N monthly to help your own personal orphan.  And, Im working on adding matching!  We already have one person willing to match, so we should be able to get this off to a good start.  Im excited about working on the web side of this, so Id appreciate some help on the negotiations.

On a side note, now that I see the way the civil unrest in the word is expanding (and the way I believe - things will unfold into Daniels 70th week), Im very happy we resisted creating a 501c3.  I think we are on the right track now.  Meaning, we can be the coin that accepts crypto donations for charity (not fiat donations).  We'll find a way to match part of these donations (even if its a small match) and execute the charity need with a discount to make the user happy.  Our place can be spending crypto-dollars on charity, for example.    I believe during the years of persecution, the 501c3 list will be a great list of businesses for the Antichrist to start shutting down - starting with churches, etc.

An example of how this might work is this:
John Doe is an old bitcoin miner who has 1 mil extra in bitcoin.  He feels like he should give $100,000 to charity.  What if he could sponsor 100 orphans through us, with a 10% match and a 50% discount (as compared to Compassion.com)?  Not impossible; if we have wholesale rates of $25 per child, John Doe sponsors orphans at a deep discount (as compared to retail at compassion), gains a BBP match towards the orphans, and even receives some BBP as a reward. 
Im thinking the program might be as simple as this:

On our matching side, our compassionate gifters (and interested whales) will give BBP to a fund (escrowed for matching),  held in a matching escrow fund.
John Doe comes along and sponsors 1 orphan at $20 per month - and we promise a 30% match (due to the algorithm quote for the week).
     The way this works is John Doe would pay $20 per month in a form of crypto to us (into the foundation) and receive $6 each month (credited to his account) in BBP (that comes from our matching engine).  John Doe will also receive the distinct orphan BIO in this case, for as long as this relationship continues.

Etc.

I'm going to get started on this and attempt to roll this program out by the end of June.

If i could be of any help regarding the Venezuelan orphans initiative , since i reside here in Venezuela,  please let me know Rob.
There are grave problems in the country and it would be really nice for our community  to be able to help.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
If i could be of any help regarding the Venezuelan orphans initiative , since i reside here in Venezuela,  please let me know Rob.
There are grave problems in the country and it would be really nice for our community  to be able to help.

That would be cool; well if you want you can try Steven at sai.ngo again - his phone # is 800-563-6099 (Steve M.)  His email is [email protected].
Just ask him about the $20 orphans with dedicated bios, and if he still wants to do it to email [email protected] with a good deadline etc.

Or otherwise you could check out globalgiving.org, and search for Venezuelan orphans, but I prefer if we find a company that they are at least silver or gold certified on guidestar (a lot of the bigger orphanages are certified), as we really need to start upping our game and only yoking ourselves with quality partners.  I think we need to improve our brand from "tattered" to "high quality".

Thank you.

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
Message we got on facebook somewhat recently:
https://i.imgur.com/dN5zIT1.png

Is BiblePay buried under the other christian crypto projects? :(

I noticed we have been moving down on google ranking for "christian cryptocurrency"

=

Old TODO List:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/cwoj86/open_todo_list/

Bitcointalk Mining Threads
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=517.msg7677#msg7677

Monero Community
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.msg54066940#msg54066940
- What if we wrote an article about all the RandomX merge/dual mining coins, and featured BiblePay?

=

Love your faucetcode advertising in the SouthXchange chatbox Rob!

I refilled SouthXchange and Graviex faucets, and I bought us first position ad on SouthXchange

Theres many awesome things to spread
- Dominos Pizza Delivery
- Fractional Sanctuary
- RandomX Mining
- Dynamic Whale Staking
- Orphan Sponsorships
- Vindax Exchange
- Charity Partners
https://medium.com/biblepay-news/biblepay-q2-2020-updates-27f7a5e7fe06

Reddit post, Twitter tweet, Facebook post, Article or Blog post

Reddit, anyone can post!
Twitter, just let me know, I can add editors, Rob or MIP do you want admin access?
Facebook, I am an editor, admins are Jaap and old miner Matt
Medium, I am an editor, admin is Luke? I can add writers
Anyone interested to write articles?

Old Ownership List
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/9utdsh/biblepay_ownership_list/

If anyone wants to help with social media, please do!
If someone is passionate, motivated, dont let me get in the way! go for it!
I've gotten more busy the past couple months

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
Hey Earl, I've added a CPU Cache section to the guide:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/RandomX_Setup#10._CPU_Cache_.26_RAM

• Costa82

more
That would be cool; well if you want you can try Steven at sai.ngo again - his phone # is 800-563-6099 (Steve M.)  His email is [email protected].
Just ask him about the $20 orphans with dedicated bios, and if he still wants to do it to email [email protected] with a good deadline etc.

Or otherwise you could check out globalgiving.org, and search for Venezuelan orphans, but I prefer if we find a company that they are at least silver or gold certified on guidestar (a lot of the bigger orphanages are certified), as we really need to start upping our game and only yoking ourselves with quality partners.  I think we need to improve our brand from "tattered" to "high quality".

Thank you.

Dont mention it . Copy. i ll get in touch with him (in person if possible) and i will keep the community updated if i come along something that fills the necessary criteria.

• Costa82

more

Thank you.

I already contacted Steve about the revival of the project, and i made a list through globalgiving.org concerning Venezuela projects (initially. i wouldnt mind contact other charity organizations globally when i have the time), and i am ready to communicate with each of them.

My main question is what exactly am i negotiating with them ;D
if someone can please explain me clearly  what we offer and what we seek.
Second are we interested to cooperate with any charity program -that meets our criteria- or only orphan based programs?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

I already contacted Steve about the revival of the project, and i made a list through globalgiving.org concerning Venezuela projects (initially. i wouldnt mind contact other charity organizations globally when i have the time), and i am ready to communicate with each of them.

My main question is what exactly am i negotiating with them ;D
if someone can please explain me clearly  what we offer and what we seek.
Second are we interested to cooperate with any charity program -that meets our criteria- or only orphan based programs?

Thanks Costa.
On what we are negotiating, basically the primary issue with orphan sponsorships is 'single or no parent orphans' cost about $38 to sponsor in most parts of the world.  We are trying to break through that cost with a cheaper alternative (IE say, 30% or more discount) so we can help more net quantity children (and attract more people to this project) - in that vein we would be the go-to- charity for cryptocurrency users (because of the competetive prices and advantages of matching etc).  So I would try to negotiate a deep discount.  Steven has already quoted $20 so go for that with him, but maybe go for $20-$30 with others with a range etc.  I would work with the expectation that we can pay for 20 children monthly (as long as I like the charity too and we vote it in, I will front the [first negotiated timespan of] payments if its a good deal to get it started).

We are definitely interested in other areas of charity in the future, but with our limited budget I think we need to start with orphan charity for now as it seems to be the most magnitude of impact for doing good around the world. But yes we are open to other ideas of course.  I did one charity with hope-for-widows once, but the sancs even voted down my reimbursement - apparently people think its low quality compared to orphans. 

If we break through in price though we should create a thread for future charity ideas (other than orphans).  I love how 100% of our dollars go to children currently however.  (And almost entirely to the beneficiary, according to Todd and Andrew).

Thats great you are also reaching out to other orgs also (other than SAI).

At this point we have two very important requirements:
They need to give us one Bio for each child: https://biblepay.cameroonone.org/bios/70380d46.htm
(The bio should be available from the public internet - not an internal PDF etc).
And two, I would like them to be guidestar certified so our investors feel good about them.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 05:47:30 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Costa82

more
Thanks for making it clear Rob.
 I think each one of  should make an effort to help people around the world through this project, and get more people to join the cause.
As you have stated so many times i dont like either where things are getting in our era. Time to do something about our souls too.

in any case i will forward you all the emails to keep me guided.
Thank you.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Interesting times, I'm very glad to see two of the three orphans I posted on the foundation web site for sponsorship are already taken!  Thanks!

(And we have a local Christian in my area that will be sponsoring another one within a week after I show him how BBP works etc).

I want to add this placeholder:

- We will make it show who the primary beneficiary (nickname) is under each orphan on the collage asap (within 7 days)
- We will ensure when the monthly payment is deducted that you receive your quoted rebate (or match) %

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Interesting times, I'm very glad to see two of the three orphans I posted on the foundation web site for sponsorship are already taken!  Thanks!

(And we have a local Christian in my area that will be sponsoring another one within a week after I show him how BBP works etc).

I want to add this placeholder:

- We will make it show who the primary beneficiary (nickname) is under each orphan on the collage asap (within 7 days)
- We will ensure when the monthly payment is deducted that you receive your quoted rebate (or match) %

Ok these two things are done:
Now you can see the username of who is sponsoring a child in the orphan collage, and during the next months payment process, anyone sponsoring an orphan will automatically receive the match (so only the net will be deducted).

• Costa82

more
** BOUNTY OFFER **

Looks like we need a bounty offers page, and Ill create one asap.

In the mean time Id like to offer a bounty of 3MM BBP to anyone who would like to modify our whitepaper to be current.
Current whitepaper:
https://www.biblepay.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/biblepay-whitepaper-single-cover-April2018-1.pdf

It needs updated to have our latest info about RandomX and PODC, etc.   And anything in it that is inaccurate should be corrected.

EDIT:  Sun has provided me with the original docx in English, so the job would entail:  (editing the word docx file) and updating the paper to be current (for a new English version) so we can update our OP post (it says "being updated" currently).

EDIT II:  Here is the original docx that needs updated:

http://san.biblepay.org/Docs/biblepay-whitepaper-single-cover-April2018-1.docx

Original Link:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=153.0

Thanks.

Good evening. Old post, but i wonder if the bounty is still active :D
In any case the link for the doc file http://san.biblepay.org/Docs/biblepay-whitepaper-single-cover-April2018-1.docx  doesnt seem to be working anymore.
Thank you.