Bible Pay

Read 5449 times

• Earthshaker

• December 06, 2019, 11:29:06 PM
    more
BiblePay Woocommerce Payment Gateway Proposal
« on: December 07, 2019, 11:18:02 AM »
Proposal summary:

The object of proposal is BiblePay Woocommerce plugin which allows merchants to accept payments in BBP currency. BiblePay Woocommerce plugin is a lightweight payment processor which doesn’t require any connection with server/wallet or any other service. Merchant integration is done quick, and easy, under 30 seconds. Merchants can receive payments in any wallet, desktop, mobile, paper. Payments are received directly, in full amount, without any middle man service and fees. Plugin is fully automated, and doesn’t require users to manually paste transaction id after payment. Plugin provides QR code, for easy mobile payments.
Allowing businesses to use this innovative payment gateway, without deep technical know-how, provides a great use case for BiblePay project and a huge step forward to acceptance of BiblePay as a payment currency and global adoption.

The amount asked for in the proposal is 3M BBP (~400 USD at the time of writing the proposal).

Proposal/plugin features:

• Fully automated, public API based, payment verification
• Quick merchant setup (no registration to any service required). PDF installation guide included.
• No middle man service or fees (merchants receive 100% of payment)
• Fast and secure transactions
• QR code for payments
• 6 months of priority support and updates

Plugin technical details:
BiblePay Woocommerce Plugin is a lightweight payment processor specifically developed for Woocommerce platform (most popular e-commerce platform, powering over 28% of e-commerce
websites - data from 2019), which does not require any connection to the server/wallet or registration on any service. In that sense, the plugin is decentralized. Payments are sent directly to merchant wallet. Payment verification is handled using the BbilePay explorer, over a dedicated API. Dedicated API, that comes with the plugin, is used to verify the payments and fetch information about the price. The price information is received from CoinGecko API. Plugin supports all fiat currencies supported by CoinGecko, over 40 fiat currencies (USD, AUD, GBP, EUR, SGD, JPY, and more), allowing merchants to run web shops in various currencies.
The API can be used for any other future plugins or custom payment verifications. Having a dedictaed API eliminates the need for frequent plugin updates which is extremely beneficial for merchants.
Being a lightweight payment processor, all payments are verified without disclosing any personal information, using only public information from the BiblePay explorer, without the need for wallet/server connection, which is extremely beneficial for security.

Merchant integration is done under 30 seconds, in a very straightforward process, simply by uploading plugin files inside the WordPress admin interface. Merchants have the options to customize the messaging and options regarding the payment verification.

Settings are already predefined to optimal, merchant only needs to add a payment address and he is ready to start receiving payments!
Plugin works in combination with other payment plugins/options and does not limit the merchant in any way.
On checkout page, user needs to select the “BiblePay Cryptocurrency Payment“ among the provided payment options and place the order, after which he will be redirected to the payment page.
On Checkout page, user is presented with order and payment details. The exchange rate gets locked, and market fluctuations do not have any effect on payment verification. User can easily copy the payment amount and address, using the copy buttons, and perform payment quickly.

Once the payment is made, the plugin will automatically detect it, and once the set amount of confirmations is made, the order will be successfully paid. Payment detection does not stop, even if user refreshes the payment page.
For merchant ease of use, only 1 payment address is needed. The plugin is able to detect, and differentiate payments with the same fiat amount, by creating the unique payment amounts for various orders. For example, if two users bought an article at $0.1 USD, at the same time, one user will pay 797.82992 BBP, while another user will pay 797.82994 BBP, with a minimal difference on 5th decimal point, making the payment the same, but unique, for easy detection.
QR code serves for easy mobile payments, and in combination with automatic payment verification, users don’t have to copy the transaction id, as with some other plugins on the market, making the purchase effortless.

Thank you for considering funding of this proposal!

NOTE: The BiblePay Woocommerce plugin is already developed and ready to use. As soon as the proposal is accepted, the plugin will be available to BiblePay community.
To test the plugin in action, visit the following demo shop and try out a purchase of the test product: https://demo620.earthshaker.space

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Re: BiblePay Woocommerce Payment Gateway Proposal
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 02:41:43 PM »

The interface looks great.

I sent demo payment. was the checkout timer supposed to change?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/tx.dws?63acbf5b2148ec3dce37a7b2082e9711800220d5fe7538b7e7e81196490b30ca.htm

804.37580 BBP was sent. Now has 4/6 confirms.

BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Earthshaker

more
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 03:13:04 PM »
The interface looks great.

I sent demo payment. was the checkout timer supposed to change?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/tx.dws?63acbf5b2148ec3dce37a7b2082e9711800220d5fe7538b7e7e81196490b30ca.htm

804.37580 BBP was sent. Now has 4/6 confirms.

The payment was received, all went well with that part, except that the official BiblePay explorer is stuck. As described in the proposal, being that the plugin is a lightweight payment processor, it is utilizing the explorer to verify the payments. The transaction was not recorded within the explorer, as the explorer is stuck.

If the explorer is unstable, a backup explorer can be added. As mentioned, a dedicated API is used for payment verification, and improvements like this don't require merchants to update the plugin.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 01:16:44 AM »
That makes sense. We have explorer with chainz... I believe explorer.biblepay.org has mempool but the chainz one may not. Some explorers (I think Insight) are better about mempool transactions.

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 04:51:46 PM »
Explorer is up to date now:
http://explorer.biblepay.org/

Here is the other explorer:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/

• Earthshaker

more
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 01:52:20 AM »
If the proposal gets accepted, i'll include a backup explorer as well!

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 11:46:23 PM »
If the proposal gets accepted, i'll include a backup explorer as well!

I sent two test payments again. I sent tried to search on the TX on the explorer.biblepay.org but they never came up and the checkout page never acknowledge the tx. I remember explorer.biblepay.org used to show the mempool tx but it doesn't seem to be happening any more.
67d14021ea3638053e0680b66990e92bf4fe6bbe1[/size]9039521919f66e716dc2737[/color]

• Earthshaker

more
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 12:10:19 AM »

I sent two test payments again. I sent tried to search on the TX on the explorer.biblepay.org but they never came up and the checkout page never acknowledge the tx. I remember explorer.biblepay.org used to show the mempool tx but it doesn't seem to be happening any more.
67d14021ea3638053e0680b66990e92bf4fe6bbe1[/size]9039521919f66e716dc2737[/color]

I've just checked the shop and wallet. The only "pending payment" order in shop was 30 min ago. Nothing has arrived, or recorded in explorer.
Could you please verify if you have sent the payment to the right address?
BCRBTbhtrDEXA5vKkSa3zbUK5F7XrcnhL7

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more

• Earthshaker

more
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 02:30:07 PM »
I see both transactions on the explorers. Hmm..

http://explorer.biblepay.org/address/BCRBTbhtrDEXA5vKkSa3zbUK5F7XrcnhL7

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/address.dws?BCRBTbhtrDEXA5vKkSa3zbUK5F7XrcnhL7.htm

Yes, they are present now. At the time of my initial checking they haven't arrived. They arrived with some delay. If you look at their time, they both appeared at the same second. I assume the chain was stuck at the moment...Please let me know what your further tests show.