Bible Pay

Read 410492 times

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more

In prod version is asking for PODC pwd on boot and PODC tab is there too.
So can we try associate in prod? is it live now?

I tried to associate a new 'unbanked' account on the pool, and it seems to be working  8)

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
1.0.9.7 is working on my windows machine without error, although I did have to "clean" it, meaning erase all the files in the Biblepay Core folder except the biblepay.conf and the wallet.dat (i erased all the others in both main and test3)
I've made "clean" install but it didn't helped. Still same. After bootup PoDC pwd is wallet still locked and not generate.

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
I'm still not getting any tasks on my Android.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
I've made "clean" install but it didn't helped. Still same. After bootup PoDC pwd is wallet still locked and not generate.

I've tried a couple of things, and on windows the new wallet is functioning fine with both unlocked and locked wallets in testnet as well as prod. I didn't even do a clean install.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more

Are you absolutely sure you've entered the right password, because when I open my wallet and enter a wrong password purposely, the wallet does open, but gives me the same 'Failed to sign CPID signature' error.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
I'm still not getting any tasks on my Android.

Me neither...

• T-Mike

more
Me neither...

And it's funny that no one seems to be asking about it on the Rosetta forums.

• T-Mike

more
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/server_status.php

You can see there it appears they have run out of Android tasks

Application                    Unsent    In progress    Runtime of last 100 tasks in hours: average, min, max    Users in last 24 hours
Rosetta for Android    0           7508            6.54 (0.46 - 97.78)                                                                    793

Only about 3% use Rosetta for Android, and it pulls from a totally different set than the rest.  Windows, Linux, Mac, they all pull from either Rosetta or Rosetta Mini.

Thanks for the link.

https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_forum.php?id=201

Lets see if anyone responds.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/server_status.php

You can see there it appears they have run out of Android tasks

Application                    Unsent    In progress    Runtime of last 100 tasks in hours: average, min, max    Users in last 24 hours
Rosetta for Android    0           7508            6.54 (0.46 - 97.78)                                                                    793

Only about 3% use Rosetta for Android, and it pulls from a totally different set than the rest.  Windows, Linux, Mac, they all pull from either Rosetta or Rosetta Mini.

Yeah, they do seem to send some out from time to time, because I've seen the 'unsent' amount sit at '2' when I watched yesterday.

Also. West, I didn't see you on the pool leaderboard today. Is that a bug on the side of the pool, or can you confirm that your testnet-wallet had been offline somewhere in the past couple of days (and didn't receive payment)?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
My understanding is genproclimit of 1 is the minimum, you can use as much as you want to and will still be PoBh mining with that.  In fact, if you're NOT using BOINC at that computer, for the health of the network you should run it as high as possible in my opinion.

1.0.9.7 is working on my windows machine without error, although I did have to "clean" it, meaning erase all the files in the Biblepay Core folder except the biblepay.conf and the wallet.dat (i erased all the others in both main and test3)

Running it higher than 1 thread is just a waste of electricity, unless you want to waste electricity to try to solo mine blocks (at a 90% discounted reward rate).

We have DGW and distinct CPIDs for pobh security.

And yes, using more threads increases processor utilization, but not as much as pure POBH did (PODC has a sleep in each thread at each noncebreak limit).  But I dont believe it uses all the proc, thats probably another bad test on Slovakias part.

• T-Mike

more
I hope they do, because Android tasks are pretty important for the real unbanked.  But I can also see if they have less than 3% of their users on it and I doubt there are too many people running more than a pair of Androids, but there are a bunch running multiple PCs.  Plus the PCs are doing much more work per machine on average, so I would be pretty confident in a guess that less than half a percent of the work is done by Android so it's likely not a high priority.

I was actually thinking the other day in the shower.....that there should be another way to make money than "mining". There's got to be a better way for the unbanked to participate in this new economy. Won't go into too much detail but I think you know what I mean.

• T-Mike

more
9 testnet Sanctuaries running.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I did an upgrade this morning (actually a pair, one to the last .96 and one to the .97).  I just got a payment at 15;13 CST (about 20 minutes ago).

getmininginfo looks good, exec getboincinfo looks good, exec leaderboard shows me on it.

Ok great!  I just wanted to make sure, because your account being missing on the pool side I think has something to do with the pools SQL join - so the accounts that dropped out - in the core wallet over 1 day, that Jaap mentioned, I think were due to missing UTXO or task weight...

Ill fix the pool display & leaderboard tonight when I get home...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
9 testnet Sanctuaries running.

I noticed my Hot sanc wouldnt start in 70716 (in testnet) until I cleared the data like West suggested, now my hot sanc is started and running 70716.

Thats good to know, because I really dont want to forcefully (cause Prod nodes to hang up on all prior version in prod unless we have to)...  so tomorrow, If we can start a few of our Prod  70716 sancs - and test them in prod to ensure they start in prod 70716 mode - then I think we can sail through Wednesday.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I tried to associate a new 'unbanked' account on the pool, and it seems to be working  8)

Wow, thats amazing, as I didnt even test it - I actually didnt know the pool was upgraded already , ok sweet.
Well, let me know if you receive a payment to that particular address?

Btw, in the latest version, the payments now say "Superblock" or "PODC - Research" depending on the source of the revenue.