Bible Pay

Read 410508 times

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Icons and automatic-mining work as expected, but the automatic lock gives me a runtime error:

This is Windows btw.

I've tried a reindex, deleting the testnet3 folder, a complete reinstall with the backuped wallet.dat and with a new wallet.dat.
I've tried different passwords, but they all give me the same screen.

I don't even have to type in a password, If I start the wallet it gives me this error after about 10 seconds or so

I'm gonna try on a different PC now. If you need some debugging, I need some instructions on how to provide that :)

It's the same on an other Windows PC.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
I can't get new tasks from rosetta@home on my Android phone.  I tried seti@home and from them I do get tasks, so I think it's related to rosetta and not Boinc.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Maybe they don't always have tasks for Android phones?

About their server: I looked at this page: https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/server_status.php

I see now that it says that for 'Rosetta for Android' there are 0 'not sent tasks'. So that means that they are 'empty' at the moment regarding Android tasks I guess?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
It's the same on an other Windows PC.

For me, I get the password prompt in windows, and then it silently exits after I type in the password.
Are you saying on your machine you do not get the password prompt, just an immediate crash window?

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
For me, I get the password prompt in windows, and then it silently exits after I type in the password.
Are you saying on your machine you do not get the password prompt, just an immediate crash window?

Oh yeah, sorry. I do get the password prompt, but from there on things get really unstable. If I just leave the wallet open with the prompt, nothing is happening, but as soon as I start entering my password, I get the error.

Actually, if I'm really fast, the wallet opens without problems (on one PC, on the other it just crashes no matter what I do (but I'm reinstalling the wallet in that PC also, to see if that makes a difference).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Oh yeah, sorry. I do get the password prompt, but from there on things get really unstable. If I just leave the wallet open with the prompt, nothing is happening, but as soon as I start entering my password, I get the error.

Actually, if I'm really fast, the wallet opens without problems (on one PC, on the other it just crashes no matter what I do (but I'm reinstalling the wallet in that PC also, to see if that makes a difference).

Thanks a lot!  That helped... I tracked it down, that whole prompt needed to be moved to Inside the qt wallet, so it has a parent.  OK it will be fixed asap, Im testing it now...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Since most of us are new users, our RAC is still building, we should be close to the top 10 in a few weeks via natural progression of RAC.
Yeah, and also I think we have 10,000 PC's out there, so we should easily reach #1 in Rosetta eventually but Im not sure where we will end up in the international list.

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
I can't get new tasks from rosetta@home on my Android phone.  I tried seti@home and from them I do get tasks, so I think it's related to rosetta and not Boinc.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Maybe they don't always have tasks for Android phones?

About their server: I looked at this page: https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/server_status.php

I see now that it says that for 'Rosetta for Android' there are 0 'not sent tasks'. So that means that they are 'empty' at the moment regarding Android tasks I guess?

I was wondering what was wrong, my phone hasn't gotten a new task for 1 day or 2.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
1.0.9.5f for windows is out there if anyone wants to re-test the podc unlock.

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
Ok, these have been added and ready for testing.  Windows is ready for download.
The wallet defaults to automatic mining now (in PODC mode only) on one thread, with setgenerate=true automatically.
Wau. Thanks Rob. I was tried it right now and all works fine. (Windows, 1.0.9.5f)
And that pool unbanked function is great. Nice work.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 01:57:30 PM by orbis »

• orbis

more

About their server: I looked at this page: 

Same for me. Didn't get tasks on android for 2 days. I reinstalled boinc on my phone but didn't helped. It looks that we just must wait. But that's bad for me, because my Nexus 4 was my best "computer" :D

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Same for me. Didn't get tasks on android for 2 days. I reinstalled boinc on my phone but didn't helped. It looks that we just must wait. But that's bad for me, because my Nexus 4 was my best "computer" :D

Although I havent dealt with this in a couple years, I remember that the administrator of the boinc project has to run a script to release more work for each processor type.  I assume they have this automated for windows and linux, but the work might have run out for ARM only.

If you open up the boinc event log you might see an error messaged about scheduler returned no tasks.

• Ichthus220

• December 11, 2017, 10:09:35 PM
    more
1.0.9.5f for windows is out there if anyone wants to re-test the podc unlock.

Where do I find this new version?  The new website only has up to 1.0.9.2b.

• orbis

more
Where do I find this new version?  The new website only has up to 1.0.9.2b.
It look, that it is just bad "label". It is still not corrected, but after download it is the newest version.

• orbis

more
I've received two tasks on one of my mobile phones since yesterday. It looks they're slowly releasing them.
Edit: I've found that these new tasks are 4 hours. Old tasks on this phone was 2 hours.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 01:13:56 AM by orbis »

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
I've received two tasks on one of my mobile phones since yesterday. It looks they're slowly releasing them.
Edit: I've found that these new tasks are 4 hours. Old tasks on this phone was 2 hours.

Okay, interesting. Maybe they changed something on their end, and that's  we we didn't get new tasks for a while.

My phone is on the charger now, so soon I can see if I also get new tasks.
About that: I want to test the 'Associate Unbanked CPID' function on the pool. But of course we are on testnet now. I if switch the pool to testnet (Network>test), will I be able to associate a testnet BBP adres via the Unbanked funtion in the pool?

And my wallets no longer crash at the password prompt  ;D Running smoothly now.