Bible Pay

Read 410501 times

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
so.. after last superblock my TaskWeight and UTXOWeight "jumps" to 0.
Magnitude is still 23.96673132507092.
It is interresting that my magnitude in leaderboards is 37.12730901380473.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:41:04 PM by orbis »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
so.. after last superblock my TaskWeight and UTXOWeight "jumps" to 0.
Magnitude is still 23.96673132507092.
It is interresting that my magnitude in leaderboards is 37.12730901380473.

Yes, thats good, but there is a reason for everything.  Not sure how I could explain this to all the users, lol.

So the getboincinfo magnitude is a 7 day average, so thats one thing, then exec leaderboard is what the sancs voted on in the "last" superblock, so thats another thing.

Finally, looking at the state of affairs in my sanc right now, the sanc knows your cpid now has 0 weight, and its creating a new contract with 0 for weight, but heres the other thing we have to take into consideration:  There is an anti-ddos locking rule in, where the sanctuaryquorum tries to honor files that have been downloaded for Up to 24 hours, and only if they are chosen sancs.  That brings into play all the variables of : What is your sanctuary rank, and are you chosen, and is your file fresh.

So in a nutshell, the exec leaderboard still shows you with magnitude right now, because the last contract voted in still had you in.

If we sat around and waited though, the maximum amount of time, those files would expire and the sancs would be forced to vote on the fresh contract with 0 mag.

I could add summarize this situation that a researcher must wait up to 48 hours for the data to flow through the pipeline (and drop off) but Im thinking about simplifying this situation.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I got my zbox c1327 in today, and installed the OS (btw, I had to install windows 10, win 7 with slipstreamed drivers wouldnt allow booting, so dont waste your time) anyway, Boinc 64 bit didnt work, so I installed boinc32 and I just added Rosetta.  This device is really small, you would think by the pics it was the size of an xbox, but its more like the size of a power supply.  No fan inside, and it has integrated video, lan wifi, etc.  It seems pretty snappy, Im opening browser windows in about 2 seconds, etc.  (It pulls about 20 watts total).   So once I get the ryzen 8 core running next to it, Ill keep track of these two machines: wattage, RAC, run time, cost per watt, RAC per watt, and ill take a picture of it.

• orbis

more
So the getboincinfo magnitude is a 7 day average, so thats one thing, then exec leaderboard is what the sancs voted on in the "last" superblock, so thats another thing.
Now it is clear, thanks.

I could add summarize this situation that a researcher must wait up to 48 hours for the data to flow through the pipeline (and drop off) but Im thinking about simplifying this situation.
Ok. I will leave my PCs hidden for next 24 hours :) Let's see if it works correctly (I have no doubt that yes  ;) ).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Now it is clear, thanks.
Ok. I will leave my PCs hidden for next 24 hours :) Let's see if it works correctly (I have no doubt that yes  ;) ).

Yeah, Im leaving mine hidden too until I see a superblock pay me zero.  Lets see if ours are zero at the same time.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Here is a pic of the expirimental Rosetta rig Im working on (for RAC comparisons per watt), the Zotac is the little box that looks like a power supply on the top, the Ryzen is the barebones Thermaltake on the bottom:

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Here is a pic of the expirimental Rosetta rig Im working on (for RAC comparisons per watt), the Zotac is the little box that looks like a power supply on the top, the Ryzen is the barebones Thermaltake on the bottom:

Nice! I had something similar once: a Gigabyte Brix with a Celeron n-someting. It was fast enough for browsing and Word, not much else. It was very low-power though (that's why I bought it).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Looks like Orbis and I were not in the last superblock, so that part appears to be working.

Im still going to add more magnitude metrics, and a memory clearing function, so the sancs only ever have a couple days of stagnant RAM associated with CPID weights.

• orbis

more
Looks like Orbis and I were not in the last superblock, so that part appears to be working.

Im still going to add more magnitude metrics, and a memory clearing function, so the sancs only ever have a couple days of stagnant RAM associated with CPID weights.
Yes, my last superblock payment was on block 7425.
And my magnitude is still decreasing.
Ok. I'm going to unhide my PCs :) It looks that it won't be worthy to play with that in prod ;)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Nice! I had something similar once: a Gigabyte Brix with a Celeron n-someting. It was fast enough for browsing and Word, not much else. It was very low-power though (that's why I bought it).

Yeah, I was thinking since the zotac is 1.1ghz and 4 core, it would run rosetta at half the speed of the power hungry PC, and maybe someone could stack 10 together and have a low power monster, but in reality so far what Im seeing is a 30 RAC (in one day) from the zotac and a 250 RAC (per day) in the ryzen.  So its not quite worth buying these.  But let me finish a full 10 day test before trusting any of these numbers or figures.  Ill make a wiki page with a table on it at the end.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Yes, my last superblock payment was on block 7425.
And my magnitude is still decreasing.
Ok. I'm going to unhide my PCs :) It looks that it won't be worthy to play with that in prod ;)

Great! 

So far it looks promising - we now have UTXO integrity inside PODC...  And people must do some actual work to maintain the infrastructure... and the Controller wallets are staying on for block security...  Not a bad environment...

No pool required...  I think other coins are going to be jealous.

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
Rob: your Ryzen is what ryzen 1700? and did only 250RAC for 24hours? .. how much RAM is need for ROSETTA? any help with 1core=1task? thanks guys

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
Rob: your Ryzen is what ryzen 1700? and did only 250RAC for 24hours? .. how much RAM is need for ROSETTA? any help with 1core=1task? thanks guys

It is about 500MB per task but it can vary. I don't think there is an easy way to have one task per core at the moment. It does what it needs to achieve the cpu usage you specified.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Looks like its a ryzen 1700 8 core.  I didnt tweak it to use 100% of the proc til this morning, so I started a new baseline with both this morning.

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
Anything we should be testing tomorrow Rob? When would you like me to set up the additional 7 sanctuaries? I have 3 activated at the moment.