Bible Pay

Read 47026 times

• twinkle

• May 12, 2021, 09:05:47 AM
    more
Re: June 2021 Release - Harvest - TestNet Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2021, 04:49:58 PM »
Alright, I confirmed that you can buy nfts directly off of the store page as long as your foundation.biblepay account has the testnet CPK in it, didn't give me any error messages at all. I will probably look into doing a test of the card delivery service tomorrow, as well as do some more highriskbbp stakes. I will also try to make my own nft and confirm they show up in the store, the price is right, etc.  I am probably just going to use some random addresses for the card delivery service if that is okay with you (so, just to confirm, this test will not result in any cards actually being sent, right? As the addresses are just random locations throughout the U.S.). Very nice work on all of the stuff! May God bless!
twinkle

• twinkle

more
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2021, 05:00:16 PM »
Also, I had to re-load the blockchain again for some reason. Maybe the update/chainlocks being activated?
May God bless you all,
twinkle

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2021, 06:51:41 PM »
Alright, I confirmed that you can buy nfts directly off of the store page as long as your foundation.biblepay account has the testnet CPK in it, didn't give me any error messages at all. I will probably look into doing a test of the card delivery service tomorrow, as well as do some more highriskbbp stakes. I will also try to make my own nft and confirm they show up in the store, the price is right, etc.  I am probably just going to use some random addresses for the card delivery service if that is okay with you (so, just to confirm, this test will not result in any cards actually being sent, right? As the addresses are just random locations throughout the U.S.). Very nice work on all of the stuff! May God bless!
twinkle

Hi bro Twinkle,

Sounds good on the NFT related stuff, thanks.

So on the card delivery, sure you can use random addresses in the US.   In testnet mode the address is not fully validated (down to the USPS level), so it accepts almost any US address (even fake ones).  However in prod, we will be receiving additional validation and will be able to kick it back if its a bad address.  In testnet, we do not actually go as far as kicking off a physical delivery.  But we do charge you for the virtual gift card amount.  In prod, we would actually process it and it would be physically delivered. 

Thanks for the compliments.

Im not sure why you would go out of sync but I am concerned; we can find out exactly why by looking for "ERROR" in your "debug.log" located in ~/.biblepay/testnet3/debug.log.  If you still have it could you send it to me or check?  [email protected]
(You would need to find the ERROR in the log before you restarted with the reindex command btw).
If its been truncated, then next time this happens, save it right before reindexing.  One other cause could be the reindex=1 rebuild - if you want to eliminate that possibility, please restart with "-erasechain=1".  Btw I added that to the tools menu today but its not released yet. 

Side question, what version are you running?  I just want to double check there was no logic change since your version, and what platform?

• twinkle

more
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2021, 04:28:16 PM »
Alright, the issue happened again today. I found some error messages in the debug, the text of it is below:

ERROR: AcceptBlockHeader: block 57e164d90b2aac8bb1c8a4cd7c5df5f9072abd9c1b1b9a344c1d5e7361f36b8a is marked invalid
CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- skipping mnsync restrictions for peer=1
ERROR: AcceptBlockHeader: block 57e164d90b2aac8bb1c8a4cd7c5df5f9072abd9c1b1b9a344c1d5e7361f36b8a is marked invalid
Loading addresses from DNS seeds (could take a while)
0 addresses found from DNS seeds
dnsseed thread exit
New outbound peer connected: version: 70772, blocks=92260, peer=2
New outbound peer connected: version: 70772, blocks=92260, peer=3
CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 31 nCurrentAsset 4 -- syncing mempool from peer=1
GUI: QCssParser::parseHexColor: Unknown color name '#black'

I am running 1.6.1.7, by the way, on Windows. Also, side note, where do I input "-erasechain 1" at? The command prompt within the wallet? I have just been using the rebuild method within the "salvage wallet" tab of the gui. I have not tried that method yet since it has stopped working this time, so I will wait to be sure of where to put it in before attempting to fix it again. I will do some cards or something later whenever I am sure it is fixed, as well as try to re-post one of these nft's I have bought recently from the store.
May God bless, and thanks for the help,
twinkle

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2021, 07:25:40 AM »
Alright, the issue happened again today. I found some error messages in the debug, the text of it is below:

CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- skipping mnsync restrictions for peer=1
Loading addresses from DNS seeds (could take a while)
0 addresses found from DNS seeds
dnsseed thread exit
New outbound peer connected: version: 70772, blocks=92260, peer=2
New outbound peer connected: version: 70772, blocks=92260, peer=3
CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 31 nCurrentAsset 4 -- syncing mempool from peer=1

I am running 1.6.1.7, by the way, on Windows. Also, side note, where do I input "-erasechain 1" at? The command prompt within the wallet? I have just been using the rebuild method within the "salvage wallet" tab of the gui. I have not tried that method yet since it has stopped working this time, so I will wait to be sure of where to put it in before attempting to fix it again. I will do some cards or something later whenever I am sure it is fixed, as well as try to re-post one of these nft's I have bought recently from the store.
May God bless, and thanks for the help,
twinkle

Hi bro Twinkle--
So this does shed some light on the problem, the block 57e* was the first block it did not accept, and that is a GSC superblock (height 92065).  So yes that definitely points to a gov quorum issue - another words, your node didnt honor what the sancs tried to say about that block.  I do see that one of our 4 sancs is pose banned right now, let me unban it hang on (ok I did an exec revivesanc for sanc 7 just now-- if you want to see sanc statuses you can click the "Sanctuaries" tab).

So yeah lets try the erase chain first, as 1617 windows I believe is good (just wanted to make sure it wasnt 1616 or less as that would be a bad consensus).  And just to double check do you leave the node running or do you kickstart it once every so often?  So to run the wallet with erasechain go to the command prompt (start | run | cmd), cd c:\program files\biblepaydevelop (or wherever you have the program), then do:
biblepay-qt -erasechain=1 -testnet=1

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 07:29:11 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2021, 07:31:17 AM »
Earlz, have you had to resync the chain other than mandatory upgrades? 

I believe your sanc has generally been in sync kind of wondering in totality.

• twinkle

more
« Reply #231 on: May 24, 2021, 11:38:06 AM »
Okay, I am starting to freak out a bit here. I opened the cmd prompt, found the folder where I had all of my TESTNET STUFF ONLY. I ran the commands that you had put up, the thing asked me where I wanted to store the new chain, etc. all seemed fine. Then, I was just going back to my other wallet, the 1.5.5.something one to see my UTXO reward for the day, and when I opened that one, it also was re-loading the chain again. This obviously takes a long time, but I wasn't really worried, until I saw that my CPK was no longer the same address as before, and it said that my funds were zero. I have no idea what to do. I only did the -erasechain 1 -testnet 1 within the testnet folder in the command shell, and it somehow deleted the chain on my main wallet account. I stopped the wallet syncing, as I didn't want it to fully load the new updated chain. All of the old files are still there for the wallet, but anytime I try to run either of the versions, it says that they both need to re-load the chain, even though I am still looking at a folder that has all of the chain still on it for the main wallet.

• twinkle

more
« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2021, 11:39:50 AM »
Dude, no way. I realized that I changed the area or folder the thing was going to put the new chain in, so I just moved all of my old files over to the correct file, and the normal wallet is back up, with all of my funds/addresses, etc. However, now, the testnet wallet, which is reading from the same location, is still stuck and not loading, so I am going to try to command one more time, this time being sure to actually have a backup, and to keep the same default directory for the project.

• twinkle

more
« Reply #233 on: May 24, 2021, 11:44:38 AM »
NICE IT WORKED.
Dude I was kind of worried for a sec there that I was about to lose all of this bbp. :) I only have like 60k BBP lol not $60k either :). Anyways, the testnet wallet is re-loading the chain now, the actual wallet appears to be working just fine, and I am pretty chill for the moment, seems like the problems with the wallet are over for now.
Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial as to how to get it working, Rob.
May God bless,
twinkle

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2021, 12:34:17 PM »
Earlz, have you had to resync the chain other than mandatory upgrades? 

I believe your sanc has generally been in sync kind of wondering in totality.

Evenin.

I have not had to resync the chain, i think my sanc still on 1.6.1.4 i believe. Nor have i had to resync my normal windows wallet since update to 1.6.1.7 , it looks stable for me.

When you get a chance are you interested in testing the Batch Greeting Card send?  You just need a csv file with about 5 entries for example.  I did one over here and it worked but of course Im looking for alternative eyes etc.  I could see myself using this feature at Christmas and sending everyone I know a virtual card.

Im glad you like the icons, I think we are getting warmer with these UTXOs.  All we need is some corporate interest, and I think it can become a real service.
Imagine if a company issued retirement accounts for their employees, or really anything is possible, now that crypto is breaking out into the common world...

Im almost ready to merge in Stellar and Ripple-- will post more about that soon.

I have a question Earlz since you are a big Monero guy, you know we have access to all the monero utxo info but I realize once you send a tx it becomes a stealth address.  Do you know much about this cause this is where my knowledge falls short.  We could make a BBP UTXO for monero if we track a stealth address and an amount.  Is it plausible for the user to access the stealth address if they create a dedicated monero wallet on their end and load it with a customized value (one that ends with our pin)?

I will test the batch greeting cards this week for sure, will see if i can get some time after work the coming days.

About the monero situation im not sure, to decode specific in wallet/transactions on blockchain explorer you need the private viewkey or else just shows stealthadresses and little info.

Indeed would be intresting with monero as as a option for  BBP UTXO staking.
Possible? Sadly to say Rob im not that into the technincal details how stealthadresses and RingCT and all those things work.

Have a great week and i talk to you laters.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• twinkle

more
« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2021, 02:56:35 PM »
Oh, I also wanted to point out that I re-listed an nft to the store, worked very easily, although I would point out that the one I had bought was to a link that had a picture tied to it, but the store did not actually display the image that went along with it. For reference, it is supposed to be a picture of deer in the snow. Also, whenever I was trying to post the nft, it asked me for a url of a higher quality picture (as, previously, only the low-quality url slot was filled in). However, the process still charged my 100bbp for "editing it", even though I am pretty sure nothing happened at all, as it didn't get posted until after I fixed the url placement and it gave me the message that it was confirmed. So, I am not totally positive if that is the way it should be, as I got charged for basically nothing. Lastly, I did see the dove image on the UTXO stakes that were fulfilled, and also saw the locked icon whenever they were actively staked.
May God bless,
twinkle

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #236 on: May 25, 2021, 02:31:41 PM »
Okay, I am starting to freak out a bit here. I opened the cmd prompt, found the folder where I had all of my TESTNET STUFF ONLY. I ran the commands that you had put up, the thing asked me where I wanted to store the new chain, etc. all seemed fine. Then, I was just going back to my other wallet, the 1.5.5.something one to see my UTXO reward for the day, and when I opened that one, it also was re-loading the chain again. This obviously takes a long time, but I wasn't really worried, until I saw that my CPK was no longer the same address as before, and it said that my funds were zero. I have no idea what to do. I only did the -erasechain 1 -testnet 1 within the testnet folder in the command shell, and it somehow deleted the chain on my main wallet account. I stopped the wallet syncing, as I didn't want it to fully load the new updated chain. All of the old files are still there for the wallet, but anytime I try to run either of the versions, it says that they both need to re-load the chain, even though I am still looking at a folder that has all of the chain still on it for the main wallet.

Hi Bro Twinkle--

Dont worry, even if you accidentally launch biblepay in Prod mode against the Prod data dir (%appdata%\biblepay), it will theoretically sync to the top.  Thats a required test case anyway before we plan on going to production the last couple of weeks, we need to start in prod mode and ensure we sync to the top.  Even if you point to your prod wallet, there is nothing to my knowledge that can hurt your prod wallet.dat.  Besides we make a backup of wallet.dat during every boot (you can find them in %appdata%\biblepay\backups).  Additionally it is best practice to copy your wallet.dat off of your computer over to a USB drive or cd rom on a regular basis just to keep it safe.  Some people recommend storing it off site etc.

Your CPK will only change if you accidentally created a new wallet.dat.  You should be pointing to the same data directory root folder when you run in testnet and prod (prod is %appdata%\biblepay, and testnet is %appdata%\biblepay\testnet3).  Meaning that your CPK should not be changing (you must have changed data dir locations).

Im glad you got everything back, I read your later message, excellent.

Oh, I also wanted to point out that I re-listed an nft to the store, worked very easily, although I would point out that the one I had bought was to a link that had a picture tied to it, but the store did not actually display the image that went along with it. For reference, it is supposed to be a picture of deer in the snow. Also, whenever I was trying to post the nft, it asked me for a url of a higher quality picture (as, previously, only the low-quality url slot was filled in). However, the process still charged my 100bbp for "editing it", even though I am pretty sure nothing happened at all, as it didn't get posted until after I fixed the url placement and it gave me the message that it was confirmed. So, I am not totally positive if that is the way it should be, as I got charged for basically nothing. Lastly, I did see the dove image on the UTXO stakes that were fulfilled, and also saw the locked icon whenever they were actively staked.
May God bless,
twinkle

On the deer picture not displaying in the store, thats because that was an unsupported filetype in the nft (we dont support bittorrent links).

On the edit, where it charged you 1000bbp for the edit, you can see if it did anything in the edit,  by going to the txlist, finding the time of the tx, double clicking the edit tx, and giving me the txid.  I believe it 'did something' but appeared to not do anything on the user end, because we probably just re-stored the same data again, I would have to know what fields you changed on the nft during the edit.  Did you make it marketable and it didn  show up in the store?

Thats good on the dove image!

So guys, we had a conf call Sunday (this is part of our weekly prayer call) and we spoke about integrating with Trust Wallet.  So realize Im still working full time on BBP and trying to spend as much time in testnet as possible but Im working overtime on this trustwallet idea to try to not only make a proof of concept, but to revamp UTXO staking (basically eliminate utxo command line staking) and in the spirit of making a UI, make a trust-wallet compatible staking system, and a new UI...  So Ill be back asap!  Progress!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 02:34:47 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2021, 02:40:03 PM »
Evenin.

I have not had to resync the chain, i think my sanc still on 1.6.1.4 i believe. Nor have i had to resync my normal windows wallet since update to 1.6.1.7 , it looks stable for me.

I will test the batch greeting cards this week for sure, will see if i can get some time after work the coming days.

About the monero situation im not sure, to decode specific in wallet/transactions on blockchain explorer you need the private viewkey or else just shows stealthadresses and little info.

Indeed would be intresting with monero as as a option for  BBP UTXO staking.
Possible? Sadly to say Rob im not that into the technincal details how stealthadresses and RingCT and all those things work.

Have a great week and i talk to you laters.

Good afternoon bro Earlz,

Ok good that is great to know you have been pretty stable in testnet as far as staying in sync.  Actually I found the reason my sanc 3 went out of sync once, its because I forgot to copy the masternodeblsprivkey from my biblepaytest folder over to ~/.biblepay when we went to 1617 and now I see how it got pose banned, so that was likely the time when Twinkle joined-- So twinkle please keep an eye on it after the erasechain and lets see if you stay solid for 20 days or so?  I feel like weve had a pretty good run overall, the chainlocks appear to stay solid when we leave a supermajority of our sancs up in non pose banned state, so far so good. 

I hear you on monero; I guess what I need to do is take a monero light wallet, and send some XMR out of it and see if I can access the stealth address on the chain.  Basically what Im thinking is if we did this:
-> XMR user starts a light wallet
-> They send themself initial funding
-> They get their pin
-> They send funds to themself with the pin suffix
-> They get the stealth address from the BX using the Last block as a starting point
-> They paste the Stealth address in bbp and we monitor it
-> If the stealth address matches the pin, we create a utxo for them

It would be cool if it worked; Ill put this on my todo list to see if this is possible soon!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #238 on: May 28, 2021, 08:52:32 PM »
*** OVERVIEW of Changes coming in 1.6.1.9 ***

To make a solid use case for Biblepay and to become more acceptable to the masses, we are integrating with Trust Wallet.  This effort involves an entire overhaul for UTXO staking (this is being renamed to Portfolio Builder).   We are changing UTXO staking to be user friendly and adding a Cryptocurrency Index to biblepay.  The index allows investors to track our entire ticker list (IE the industry), while the builder allows you to manage your self directed portfolio.

Trust Wallet is a mobile wallet available for the iPhone and Android.  It is decentralized meaning you keep all of your private keys and there is no central custodian for your currencies.
There are no fees (except normal transaction fees when sending currency).
This wallet supports 160 cryptos, meaning you will have the ability to build large portfolios of holdings.  You can add it to your phone, look for Trust Wallet, we do not have our own branch since we want full integrity (use the existing download).

The idea here is for BiblePay to create a currency index (similar to the Dow Jones but for crypto) where we will provide a chart that shows the 'index value'.  We will allow you to build a portfolio, and receive a DWU % reward on your entire portfolio.

We are also adding Stellar and Ripple at this time (giving us 8 cryptos) - however I am shooting for 10 by July 1st for our launch.

To give you an example what to expect, if you build a portfolio for example with BTC + DOGE + LTC + BBP, that portfolio will be eligible for a position in the leaderboard to earn staking rewards.  (At the same % we have in prod now).

We have eliminated all of the command line options (except we still have easystake for power users but it will not be necessary to use).  Instead you will go to Portfolio Builder and 'add' to your position.

One change that has been made and is very drastic, is you no longer have to combine BBP with the other positions.  Instead, you simply add positions in portfolio builder and we automatically figure out your 'coverage' %.  Then your leaderboard position is updated automatically.  (We still require $1 of bbp USD value for each $1 of foreign, for the full DWU, otherwise the coverage ratio limits the position return).

Coming soon you will see the wiki document about all this.

For now, we no longer have high risk staking (that has been removed).  I will continue to pray about that option, but I feel that it may not be compatible with our long term integrity goals.

Please be ready to test 1.6.1.9 with 8 tickers as we only have 30 days left for testing.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 09:07:30 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2021, 09:28:33 AM »
1.6.1.9 - Mandatory Upgrade

- Add Trust Wallet Integration (UTXO staking 2.0)
- Add BBP Crypto Index
- Add erasechain UI (wallet tools)

All, Please read this important document before attempting to test:

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Portfolio_Builder

Then please perform these tests:

Test case 1:
Stake native currency:
From Portfolio Builder, esablish a BIBLEPAY position.  Verify it shows correctly in the leaderboard, and verify the DWU and the doubleclick (drill in) still works.

Test case 2:
Stake a foreign currency:
From Portfolio Builder, choose on a foreign currency.  Save the record.
Fund the position using your pin.
Verify the position appears in Leaderboard | Details.