• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Google Analytics
« on: September 21, 2018, 08:09:38 PM »
Google Analytics was installed July 8th, 2018 by Jaap

===

I was curious if the airdrop skewed the statistics,
so I wanted to see how our users looked before the Airdrop started on August 21st:

Stats (July 8th - August 19th):

===

Language Code Table:
http://www.lingoes.net/en/translator/langcode.htm

===

Stats (July 8th - September 20th):

Note: So after airdrop looks like we had a large increase of Android users 15%+ increase, and multiple increases of users from India, Nigeria, Indonesia and Vietnam

Age & Gender

Session Durations

Half of visitors only stay on the site for less than 10 seconds? >.>

Most Viewed Pages

Avg Time on Any Page = 02:09 (2 minutes 9 seconds)
Avg Time on Landing Page = 01:36 (1 minute 36 seconds)

=

Average Page Load Time by Browser

Average Page Load Time by Page
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:15:56 AM by togoshigekata »

Re: Google Analytics
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 07:23:16 AM »
If that many people don't stay till 10 seconds, and the page average load time is 5sec for the "best" browser..

Perhaps we should look at simplifying/streamlining the landing pages.

It's interesting,  what is the average daily before and after the airdrop, it appear's like it may be slightly above what the previous batch was.

Are we ready to post the airdrop stats, I'm curious what those are.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 07:32:44 AM »
If that many people don't stay till 10 seconds, and the page average load time is 5sec for the "best" browser..

Perhaps we should look at simplifying/streamlining the landing pages.

It's interesting,  what is the average daily before and after the airdrop, it appear's like it may be slightly above what the previous batch was.

Are we ready to post the airdrop stats, I'm curious what those are.

Yes, I absolutely agree that the loading-times should be lower. The website has been slow since the beginning. I already use cashed pages (WP Super Cache), but maybe we should also look at CDN? I'm not a web-dev, so if anyone with experience could take this from me I would be very happy!

Also, the website will probably get a make-over soon, which will make the landing page (biblepay.org) a lot simpler, and that should also reduce loading times.

I think that the 'average daily' after the airdrop could also be due to SEO. I've installed Yoast Pro and did some SEO. Again, since I'm not a web-dev, I'm not experienced with this. So if anyone has experience with SEO wants to give it a go?

About the airdrop: what numbers would you like to see? I've done about 80 payouts since the start.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:45:21 AM »
If you use Chrome, you can right click on any page select Inspect. Do a Hard Refresh a page (Ctrl+F5) so all the resources have to loaded again. Look under Network and you can see "waterfall" of resources that are loaded. The blue bars that are longest contribute to overall slowness of web site loading.

I'd consider using a static HTML version of BiblePay: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simply-static/

We'd have to do some testing if any functionality is broken. Test newsletter and any other parts of site that require interaction by user.

This gives us two great benefits:
1) Web site will be extremely fast - no dynamic process of the web site
2) Makes it harder for hacker to attack web site since it is just HTML & images

Downside is that every time you update the site, you'd have to re-publish.

But I feel the benefit if a faster web site and being less susceptible to hackers are compelling reasons to try the above.

This is our current report from Google. Our web site is very slow and mobile support is poor:
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbiblepay.org&tab=desktop

Let's keep a snapshot of that and see if going the static route is helpful. What do you think Jaap?
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 10:55:52 AM »
I remember the slow load times with wordpress and biblepay.org.
They were sometimes 5 seconds.

I remember we optimized this down to 2 seconds about 3 months ago.
We have less traffic now.

I am considering a couple options for this:
1) We could potentially move from the current server to one of our cloud hosted dual core servers.  Ill keep that as one option.
2) I might potentially consider moving all the pages into foundation.biblepay.org (windows) and maintaining the pages in the Foundation github instead (this would move us away from wordpress though).

Either way, I just hit the site and its loading pretty fast as of July 2020.
I feel that we can leave it the way it is for the time being and reassess this when we hit either a lag, or 1000 users.