Read 157673 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: Testnet - Test Proof of Giving
« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2019, 11:00:18 AM »
To test the functionality, Your Tithe Ability Qty should be 0. Unless you want the ability to bypass PoG also require a certain min coin age. Although, that wouldn't make sense as you'd want to accept donation to foundation (non PoG) not looking at coin age. If your test included Tithe Ability Qty 0, then I may need to test my configuration more to see if I can reproduce your success.

The rule is not this complicated - its just as simple as :  If you want to force a donation to the orphan foundation, click the Force button.

No - your right though, I didnt test it from a machine that had 0 tithability; I was able to reproduce the problem, and now its fixed in the next version.

Thank you for pointing out the flaw.

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
« Reply #301 on: January 10, 2019, 11:13:28 AM »
The rule is not this complicated - its just as simple as :  If you want to force a donation to the orphan foundation, click the Force button.

No - your right though, I didnt test it from a machine that had 0 tithability; I was able to reproduce the problem, and now its fixed in the next version.

Thank you for pointing out the flaw.
Yeah, I'm not able to force donate too (because of coin age).

And Rob, it would be better to have it separate.
1st checkbox should be "Tithe" (mining) and 2nd checkbox should be "Donation".
And thay can be totaly independent. I think it's not neccessary to check two boxes for donation.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2019, 11:20:38 AM »
Yeah, I'm not able to force donate too (because of coin age).

And Rob, it would be better to have it separate.
1st checkbox should be "Tithe" (mining) and 2nd checkbox should be "Donation".
And thay can be totaly independent. I think it's not neccessary to check two boxes for donation.

Well I think you mean clicking the Force donation box alone should also populate the foundation address, yes that could be good also (then you can click it alone).
And maybe we re-caption Donate to "POG Tithe".

Ok, Ill look into doing this now.

• orbis

more
« Reply #303 on: January 10, 2019, 11:26:08 AM »
Yes that was my opinion...
Sorry if I was not clear ;)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #304 on: January 10, 2019, 11:37:10 AM »
Yes that was my opinion...
Sorry if I was not clear ;)

I think you were clear, I was just reading into the prior issue for some reason.  Anyway now they are separated and I think that was a good improvement.

I added the very basic POG Leaderboard last night.

Let me take a look at the entire feature before I do a build as we are close to finishing this version.  I can't think of anything else we are missing in this version.

(Either way Ill do a build sometime today so we can continue testing).

• orbis

more
« Reply #305 on: January 10, 2019, 11:59:44 AM »
Nice, thanks.
Rob I have other question.
When I try "exec getdimensionalbalance 0 1" it says ""Tithe_Balance_Available": 480898".
Why?
My total balance is over 8M tBBP. Why there are not counted all tBBP'?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #306 on: January 10, 2019, 04:07:41 PM »
Nice, thanks.
Rob I have other question.
When I try "exec getdimensionalbalance 0 1" it says ""Tithe_Balance_Available": 480898".
Why?
My total balance is over 8M tBBP. Why there are not counted all tBBP'?

So looking at the code on this, the "tithe_balance_available" is really just the total of the RPC output; another words, I think this should be recaptioned.
I just recaptioned it to "total".

To ensure its working right, if you look for your largest coin in value, say 1 million, try :
exec getdimensionalbalance 0 Largest_Coin

It should then just show 1, with a total of the large coin (I just tried and it worked).

So in summary this command just shows you the coins that meet the specs you provide.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2019, 04:13:01 PM »
Looks good,  I will start working on the web interface for POG, now that things have stabilized (and migrated to a superblock) it should be easier to track.

I will look to add user stats info as well (payments / receipts) and some averages based on history.  I will post requesting feedback as I have something for folks to look at.

Thats great btw, but on a side note, just to clarify, we should never run into a situation where anyone misses a pog payment (if the tithe was legal and they entered the pool).  In this next version, the pog pool should match on everyone synced on the same chain, and therefore each daily superblock will always have all participants (IE no sanc contract is required to be agreed on in this case).  (If pog is off by 1 bbp, the chain will fork to two chains so everyone is technically required to be synced on the same chain).

However your history will still be nice, because pog wont let the user go back (very easily) and see what they missed; although, technically you can type 'pogpool height' and see the stats at prior heights (IE if you miss a day). 

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2019, 04:14:48 PM »
I forgot to mention all, this 1179 also has a feature that prevents users from accidentally being deemed as an illegal tithe - remember mint pointed out when the block changed the quoted difficulty was still on the screen and the tithe became illegal?  We fixed that in 1179 by quoting the diff 3 blocks back, allowing a tithe to be entered even if late.

So I believe we should not receive any complaints in prod due to that.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2019, 10:36:10 PM »
MIP-

I wanted to make a small record of this so we dont forget - POG should theoretically allow us to help the unbanked - I believe all we need is the current POG difficulty level, a 'pog tithe' button, and the ability for the mobile wallet to send a tithe.  At that point, the user should enter the pog pool.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #310 on: January 11, 2019, 02:27:09 AM »
MIP-

I wanted to make a small record of this so we dont forget - POG should theoretically allow us to help the unbanked - I believe all we need is the current POG difficulty level, a 'pog tithe' button, and the ability for the mobile wallet to send a tithe.  At that point, the user should enter the pog pool.

Ok noted. As long as tithing does not require to have full blockchain data loaded, it is possible to implement. Remember that mobile wallet only stores block headers and your own wallet's UTXOs and TXs.

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
« Reply #311 on: January 11, 2019, 04:42:27 AM »

11:42:18

bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target (code -1)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #312 on: January 11, 2019, 09:26:25 AM »

bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target (code -1)

I mean to first find your largest coin in Coin Control, then use that number, and that should yield one result and one total.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #313 on: January 11, 2019, 09:35:29 AM »
Ok noted. As long as tithing does not require to have full blockchain data loaded, it is possible to implement. Remember that mobile wallet only stores block headers and your own wallet's UTXOs and TXs.

I think you can (given your availability) port the GetTitheParams function(s) (just the math function(s) like quantize, not the UpdatePogPool stuff) into the mobile wallet, and call the Pool API for the pindexBestHeader->chainTip() POG difficulty level (IE 0-65535) (only because the pindex during sync wont have your current diff since the blocks arent stored but instead computed in the large client), once you have that int you can then call for the GetTitheParams, and that gives you the 3 things we can quote the user (age, max, min).

The POG transaction does not require, but we should, transmit the <nickname> XML and the <tither> address in the ".sTxOutMessage" field - I dont know if you have implemented that field in the mobile client yet, would that be hard to add that field to the broadcasted transaction?  Then you would need to ask them for their nickname somehow during setup (not sure if there is a config in there).  It actually is OK to skip those two as users will receive POG payment rewards back to the sending address but I still recommend us going the extra mile to add the ability to send the message, because it is frowned upon to send rewards back to the change address (in addition a lot of clients try to anonymize the change address, and also it creates more spam, IE mobile user jumping around in the pog pool with many addresses etc).

At this point, the tithe should be accepted in the pogpool, so I think it should be doable....  Of course we should talk more about our apple situation as what is the use in doing all this if we cant even get listed in the Apple store.

On a different subject, I did comment out the AboutRole and chat now appears; I will be checking in later today (working on the Writing to Orphan UI now).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:41:55 AM by Rob Andrews »

• orbis

more
« Reply #314 on: January 11, 2019, 10:14:37 AM »
Thats all good news. It'll be perfect to have POG in mobile phone wallet.
BTW: I think that will be good to update POG II wiki page to POG III ;) We have now daily blocks, ...