Bible Pay

Read 417577 times

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
Are you absolutely sure you've entered the right password, because when I open my wallet and enter a wrong password purposely, the wallet does open, but gives me the same 'Failed to sign CPID signature' error.
Yes I'm sure that i put there right pwd. After opening i can unlock it without problem. Ok. nevermind. maybe it is only some bug on my wallet or pc.

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
I noticed my Hot sanc wouldnt start in 70716 (in testnet) until I cleared the data like West suggested, now my hot sanc is started and running 70716.

Thats good to know, because I really dont want to forcefully (cause Prod nodes to hang up on all prior version in prod unless we have to)...  so tomorrow, If we can start a few of our Prod  70716 sancs - and test them in prod to ensure they start in prod 70716 mode - then I think we can sail through Wednesday.

I always clear the files before I upgrade. So I'm a little confused about updating in production. Should I update my Sanctuary now? If I only update my controller wallet will I still get the rewards? I'm cautious because the protocol version is different.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
I've made "clean" install but it didn't helped. Still same. After bootup PoDC pwd is wallet still locked and not generate.
Yes like Jaap said, I think you might be entering a bad password on boot.  Please be sure you have the absolute latest version first, as we definitely had a bug in that password box up to yesterday!  So after you boot you can type 'walletpassphrase pass 9999' and see if you are typing the correct passphrase.  Then reboot, type it in, and you should not be receiving the getmininginfo errors.  I tested last night and Jaap tested, working for us now.

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
Me neither...
I have received 4 task on 2 mobile phones today and 2 tasks yesterday...
It looks that I just have a luck :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Yes I'm sure that i put there right pwd. After opening i can unlock it without problem. Ok. nevermind. maybe it is only some bug on my wallet or pc.

We reserve 800 characters for the pass.  Does it contain spaces or control characters?

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more
I was actually thinking the other day in the shower.....that there should be another way to make money than "mining". There's got to be a better way for the unbanked to participate in this new economy. Won't go into too much detail but I think you know what I mean.

Lol, I don't know what you mean, but I have been thinking about this too. I have an idea but need to thresh it out some more. Are you on slack/Discord?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I always clear the files before I upgrade. So I'm a little confused about updating in production. Should I update my Sanctuary now? If I only update my controller wallet will I still get the rewards? I'm cautious because the protocol version is different.

If you upgrade Prod now, your only issues is you will not be able to Vote yet (but dont worry about that as people will be upgrading and be in the same boat - and im upgrading the pool tonight for the sake of the proposal voting), and your heat miner runs a tad slower.  Heat mining seems to be a lost cause right now anyway.

After we have 51% of the sancs upgraded to 70716, voting works again.

• T-Mike

more
Lol, I don't know what you mean, but I have been thinking about this too. I have an idea but need to thresh it out some more. Are you on slack/Discord?

I'm on discord. tmike. Has the new dev said anything? I haven't heard a peap from him.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I should be able to switch over my MN in the late morning on Monday.

Two questions.

When it says PoDC starts on block 33,440 does that mean that is the first paying block for the PoDC or that the PoDC block will be one day later?

Second, when saying one day, is that 24 hours or 202 blocks?

On block 33440, we start reserving PODC budget payments in each block, and 33441 starts the very low heat miner payment (600).
And 33441 starts the 7 minute block targets.  We have one PODC superblock every 202 blocks.  I will share the command for the PODC superblock budget asap also.
The first PODC superblock should be 33440 + 11 + 202 roughly - as long as the sancs are a supermajority on 70716 and can vote by then....
Also, everyone will need to associate their cpids in prod...btw.

• T-Mike

more
If you upgrade Prod now, your only issues is you will not be able to Vote yet (but dont worry about that as people will be upgrading and be in the same boat - and im upgrading the pool tonight for the sake of the proposal voting), and your heat miner runs a tad slower.  Heat mining seems to be a lost cause right now anyway.

After we have 51% of the sancs upgraded to 70716, voting works again.

OK, I'll try to update both later tonight or tomorrow morning.

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more

Also, everyone will need to associate their cpids in prod...btw.
Sorry if dumb question, can we do that now or do we wait for block 33440?

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Wow, thats amazing, as I didnt even test it - I actually didnt know the pool was upgraded already , ok sweet.
Well, let me know if you receive a payment to that particular address?

Btw, in the latest version, the payments now say "Superblock" or "PODC - Research" depending on the source of the revenue.

Well, the pool says it's still on 1095 on the 'about' page, but the popup seems to suggest that it worked. I hope that my phone will be getting new tasks in the coming days, because I don't have any RAC on that account yet...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I'm on discord. tmike. Has the new dev said anything? I haven't heard a peap from him.

The core dev is now working on compiling the base, the mobile dev sent me some info about a mobile wallet but it looked very unusual, like a wallet that is not based on Crypto, maybe it is for amazon, Im trying to get more info.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Thanks for the quick reply,  I was guessing it would be that way but didn't want to spread a guess too far without confirming it from you.

So 33441 starts : PodC budget reservation to be paid every 202 blocks starting with 33653, 7 minute targets (woo-hoo) and reformatted heat PoBh mining.

What is the official name for the PoDC Superblock?  And have we seen what happens when the PoDC superblock falls on a MN Superblock?

I just called it a PODC Superblock so far as compared to a budget superblock.  For one the collission should not be possible (think of n+202+202+202... compared to 202*30 + 202*30 ... with different starting heights for each) , but the overarching answer is if they were to fall on the same block number, the highest voted triggerheight would win.  So only one would pay.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Sorry if dumb question, can we do that now or do we wait for block 33440?
Not dumb at all, especially when there are no instructions.  You can do it now in prod :).