Bible Pay

Read 303263 times

• maxiandr

• March 31, 2020, 06:47:15 AM
    more
Hello! I updated my wallet to version 1.5.2.2, but my balance decreased from 500000BBP to 38932BBP. What is the reason?

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Is it possible for you to make the BBP Explorer HTTPS?
https://explorer.biblepay.org/

The reason I ask is I'm working on a secret project that requires us to paste our explorers in (but I can't use an HTTP link in the solution).

Btw, you can go with letsencrypt for free to save the cost of the SSL cert.

Hey Rob, I can jump on this,

The explorer is using nodejs/express
But I think I can just use NGINX reverse proxy for this?

Tutorials:
https://tecadmin.net/install-lets-encrypt-create-ssl-ubuntu/
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-secure-nginx-with-let-s-encrypt-on-ubuntu-18-04

Ill try to work on it this afternoon,
worst case I can pass you the credentials if I cant figure it out :)

2600 BBP

• dave_bbp

• April 11, 2020, 12:25:14 PM
    more
Hello all,
I see there is some major upgrade in preparation. Certainly sounds exciting.
I just have a quick question: Somehow I haven't received PODC rewards since 3 days. My wallet is always running and also the GSC transmissions went out smoothly. I also frequently checked if I was listed in the Leaderboard (which was always the case).
Is there some interruption in the payments due to the upgrade?

My CPK is BM2e5zvdEf8jcosQdhP6e7NRs8kEMqJy7U.

Thanks in advance and God bless! :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hello! I updated my wallet to version 1.5.2.2, but my balance decreased from 500000BBP to 38932BBP. What is the reason?

Unfortunately if the coins were mined on a fork they get erased when you upgrade - please see if they were excessive mining rewards over the last 4 days.

4200 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
** BIBLEPAY Air TestNet Thread **

Please help us test the BiblePay Air Wallet here:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=601.msg8350#msg8350

4200 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hello all,
I see there is some major upgrade in preparation. Certainly sounds exciting.
I just have a quick question: Somehow I haven't received PODC rewards since 3 days. My wallet is always running and also the GSC transmissions went out smoothly. I also frequently checked if I was listed in the Leaderboard (which was always the case).
Is there some interruption in the payments due to the upgrade?

My CPK is BM2e5zvdEf8jcosQdhP6e7NRs8kEMqJy7U.

Thanks in advance and God bless! :)

Hi Dave,

The issue is that the supermajority of the sancs upgraded early and forced the protoversion up before the mandatory height started, and the GSC contents were being voted on by the wrong chain (because the sancs have communication no matter what chain they are on), then everything worked itself out yesterday now that we have 51% on the 1.5.2.2.  We'll have to consider that on our next mandatory to stop that behavior.   Anyway all the exchanges upgrade to 1.5.2.2 so we don't have fork risk so thats good.

I sent you an estimated payment from my account - please let me know if I didnt send you enough.

Have a good one!

4200 BBP

• dave_bbp

• April 11, 2020, 12:25:14 PM
    more
Hi Dave,

The issue is that the supermajority of the sancs upgraded early and forced the protoversion up before the mandatory height started, and the GSC contents were being voted on by the wrong chain (because the sancs have communication no matter what chain they are on), then everything worked itself out yesterday now that we have 51% on the 1.5.2.2.  We'll have to consider that on our next mandatory to stop that behavior.   Anyway all the exchanges upgrade to 1.5.2.2 so we don't have fork risk so thats good.

I sent you an estimated payment from my account - please let me know if I didnt send you enough.

Have a good one!

Hi Rob, thanks for the quick answer. I checked my wallet yesterday, but couldn't find your transaction (also several wallet repair tools didn't help).
I then decided to just rebuild the chain from scratch. It always fascinates me, how BBP is able to sync a node with 3+ years of chain data from scratch in less than an hour!  :D
After that I saw your transaction, but otherwise was missing over 1M BBP, which I could resolve with a zapwallettxes=1.

So now everything is fine. Since I was only missing (I think) 3 payments for PODC, you sent me way too much BBP. I nowadays only have my PC and some small vServers running.
I can send you the difference back, or just send them as "Donate to Foundation". As you wish.  ;)

One last (unrelated) question: are there plans to combine the APM with some kind of rebranding? Unfortunately, the world we live in doesn't care much about "religious" things. (To be honest, I myself probably wouldn't buy a "QuranCoin" either^^.)
So maybe this could be a way to bring a bunch of new investors in.

Greetings from Germany.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
All,  please keep the momentum going by voting on BBP on Bololex:

https://bololex.com/voting?order=trending

We have 100+ votes now.

If we win a round we get a star and we get to keep it.  After 10 stars we get listed.

4200 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hi Rob, thanks for the quick answer. I checked my wallet yesterday, but couldn't find your transaction (also several wallet repair tools didn't help).
I then decided to just rebuild the chain from scratch. It always fascinates me, how BBP is able to sync a node with 3+ years of chain data from scratch in less than an hour!  :D
After that I saw your transaction, but otherwise was missing over 1M BBP, which I could resolve with a zapwallettxes=1.

So now everything is fine. Since I was only missing (I think) 3 payments for PODC, you sent me way too much BBP. I nowadays only have my PC and some small vServers running.
I can send you the difference back, or just send them as "Donate to Foundation". As you wish.  ;)

One last (unrelated) question: are there plans to combine the APM with some kind of rebranding? Unfortunately, the world we live in doesn't care much about "religious" things. (To be honest, I myself probably wouldn't buy a "QuranCoin" either^^.)
So maybe this could be a way to bring a bunch of new investors in.

Greetings from Germany.

Hi Dave,

Please keep the difference as a gift.

The whole idea of spreading the gospel is to spread it to those that are in need (not those that are well) - Matthew 9:12.
But, of course we are considering this over the long term, if there is a way to do it by appearing agnostic to users, but hinting at the Gospel everywhere:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=499.0

God bless you.

4200 BBP

EDIT:

I just want to add one thing about "religion".  I think religion in general is mostly an impossible and misguided attempt to justify oneself with God.  God never intended us to have a religious institution, of a brick and mortar church that replaces the body of Christ.  I consider myself Christian, and shy away from the term religious, for example for myself.  When you read the Old Testament its pretty clear that God intended the Holy Nation to be separated from the world (every day) not just on Sunday.  So Christianity imho, its a way of life.  Its a lifestyle.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 02:09:41 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
** Welcome to POOS (Proof of Orphan Sponsorships by Sanctuaries) **

We are only 20 blocks away from full fledged POOS!  This is where our sanctuaries sponsor a full orphan, each!

Thank you Sancs!

Now that the feature is enabled, I see a lot of sanctuaries getting POOS banned!

Taking a look at the gravity of the situation, I see that 44 sanctuaries have paid for Orphans!  This is a great start, but, we have some work to do.
Out of our total 125 sanctuaries that are ENABLED, we only have 44 that paid.

This means that 81 sanctuaries are starting to be POOS banned.

Please check your sanc and spend the collateral if you don't want an orphan -- or -- alternatively sponsor an orphan.  Starting in 20 blocks, you will no longer be PAID.

Also more exciting news:  APM (automatic price mooning) starts at height 217,200!

This means our exchange price will be tied to our successful emissions in only 24 hours!

POOS from the Fractional Sanctuary Perspective:

Foundation.biblepay.org is fully committed to sponsoring orphans, and the upgrade has been released.
To roll out fractional orphan sponsorships, we liquidated all of the old sanctuaries and put the funds back in your accounts (so the funds are safe).
But currently, no one is sponsoring orphans.  If you look at the ROI, it is negative -- and that is a temporary condition, because it takes 7 days for the foundation to calibrate its known revenue and expenses.

I went ahead and sponsored one for 100K to get us jumpstarted.  Once you see the ROI start rising (above zero preferably!) then you can sponsor a fractional sanctuary and the orphan dues will be deducted automatically.  Ill work on making a list page of what cameroon orphans are sponsored by the foundation once we get a couple sponsored.

4200 BBP
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 05:53:04 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
** UI LAG **

Also, after POOS was released you might have noticed a very slow Sanctuaries page in 1.5.2.2-1.5.2.3. 
I sent out a 1.5.2.4 version that fixes this (as a leisure).  Feel free to upgrade once this bothers you.

MacOSX is being compiled now.

(Btw, the lag does affect 'masternodelist' from the RPC also and is fixed in 1.5.2.4).

4200 BBP
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 05:25:53 PM by Rob Andrews »

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
** UI LAG **

Also, after POOS was released you might have noticed a very slow Sanctuaries page in 1.5.2.2-1.5.2.3. 
I sent out a 1.5.2.4 version that fixes this (as a leisure).  Feel free to upgrade once this bothers you.

MacOSX is being compiled now.

(Btw, the lag does affect 'masternodelist' from the RPC also and is fixed in 1.5.2.4).

MacOS version and Linux 64 (Ubuntu 16.04 compatible) are ready now.

• MIP

more
** Welcome to POOS (Proof of Orphan Sponsorships by Sanctuaries) **
Taking a look at the gravity of the situation, I see that 44 sanctuaries have paid for Orphans!  This is a great start, but, we have some work to do.
Out of our total 125 sanctuaries that are ENABLED, we only have 44 that paid.

This means that 81 sanctuaries are starting to be POOS banned.

Please check your sanc and spend the collateral if you don't want an orphan -- or -- alternatively sponsor an orphan.  Starting in 20 blocks, you will no longer be PAID.

I see that POOS banned get a 1 BBP reward, but they still keep a slot in the block payments. Also valid sanc rewards are the same as before 217000 (were they not supposed to absorb the charity budget for themselves?).

So in the aftermath even if a sanc is sponsoring 1 child, it is getting exactly the same rewards as before, and all the emission of the POOS-banned sancs is becoming "lost".

Is this a correct assessment, or is it just a temporary situation until a whole reward cycle is finished?
Thanks for the great job!

• MIP

more
Official Block Explorer Upgrade

https://explorer.biblepay.org/ has been upgraded to HTTPS (will redirect if HTTP url is used)

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
All,  please keep the momentum going by voting on BBP on Bololex:

https://bololex.com/voting?order=trending

We have 100+ votes now.

If we win a round we get a star and we get to keep it.  After 10 stars we get listed.

4200 BBP

Made an account on the exchange and voted, seems like i could vote several times.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.