Bible Pay

Read 109455 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: TestNet - PODC 2.0 (Proof of Distributed Computing)
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2019, 12:13:43 PM »
2/3 sancs went on a parallel chain diverging at the block 18475, in fact both these appeared to be stuck on the previous block for some time after the two (1 sanc and 1 wallet) already accepted the block.

I left them till block 18514 to see if they will correct themselves but they did not and hence manually intervened to reassesschains.

All 3/3 sancs and the controller wallet have been in sync since block 18514.

Ok, thanks.  I will add a checkpoint, and, I will look into possibilities to prevent this next.
I would like to POSE ban the sancs who are below the minimum governance protocol version, but it looks hard for us to do now, but Im still investigating this among other things.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #271 on: November 27, 2019, 12:28:56 PM »
I see one more change that is to be in the next version is increasing the GRC exponent requirement:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=476.new#new

Do we have any volunteer that wants to switch over to team Gridcoin, so we can test the coin-age-requirement is correct in the next version?

• oncoapop

• October 23, 2018, 12:31:17 PM
    more
« Reply #272 on: November 27, 2019, 12:32:37 PM »
Unfortunately, Dash took out the masternode version in the deterministic branch, so now we have no way to tell what version they are running.

I tried to put it back in 'masternodelist all', but it is actually missing everywhere in the code.

10-4 on the upgrade speed; Im pretty much in the same boat with my QT sancs, because I self compile and it puts a strain on this small hosting companies server.

One cannot tell the version of sanc other than if you are in control of the server running the sanc? I thought DIP3 the owner and operator could be separate parties. Surely one should be able to verify that information?

Also in the classic, when a sanc was on a different chain or offline, watchman would cause it to appear in a state other than ENABLED.

I still do not know how PoSE works on DIP3 sancs? Previously they were reported enabled when the servers were off. Then they began to be PoSE banned even though as far as i could tell they were on the same chain. Now even though the 2 sancs were clearly on a different chain, they appeared ENABLED when checked from the sanc on the main testchain.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #273 on: November 27, 2019, 12:39:00 PM »
One cannot tell the version of sanc other than if you are in control of the server running the sanc? I thought DIP3 the owner and operator could be separate parties. Surely one should be able to verify that information?

Also in the classic, when a sanc was on a different chain or offline, watchman would cause it to appear in a state other than ENABLED.

I still do not know how PoSE works on DIP3 sancs? Previously they were reported enabled when the servers were off. Then they began to be PoSE banned even though as far as i could tell they were on the same chain. Now even though the 2 sancs were clearly on a different chain, they appeared ENABLED when checked from the sanc on the main testchain.

"One cannot tell the version of sanc other than if you are in control of the server running the sanc? I thought DIP3 the owner and operator could be separate parties. Surely one should be able to verify that information?"
-> No, the only info available to a deterministic viewer, are the fields in 'masternode status' that you see on your own sanc.  Governance protoversion is not one.

->  Yes, classic version used pings, and each node kept track of its own status, but in DM, they do not use pings, so all of those fields have been removed.

->  You can be POSE banned in DM whether on the right chain or not, as now, POSE works by checking to see if your BLS key signed the current rounds quorum.   So imagine if us three create a secret club, with a seed number, only us 3 can sign with the BLS key and only the insiders will succeed in continuing that quorum for chainlocks.  So POSE is saying:  I will not ban you if you can continue creating good quorums, one per frequency (I think these are roughly one per hour, actually there are 3 frequencies, but for all intents and purposes its about every 7 blocks).

Yeah, I checked also and we cant ban by proto version, but we can kick the sanc out of the quorum, and also offline if they dont have the min protoversion so Im going to go to this method next.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #274 on: November 27, 2019, 01:42:12 PM »
1.4.8.2 - BiblePay
Mandatory Upgrade for TestNet

- Add Checkpoint at 18610, bump up min_governance_proto_version to 70749, set IX confirms required to 1
- Set GRC Req Researcher coin age to ^1.6, and BBP ^1.3, and reject other teams from the GSC
- During cold boot, reassess chains if necessary, and, during GSC checks (this is after a bad block is received, but no more than once per hour)
- Change the GSC block rejection rule to freeze the network for up to 8 hours if the GSC is not being generated (this keeps forks from forming, and also makes it more lkely to pay all DWSs).
- Remove the monthly superblock from the daily GSC rejection rule
- Remove Log Spam
- Do not reject IX autolock block failures unless the IX block filter is on and the autolocks are on
- Change the DM snapshot size to 205 (BBPs daily block size)

** Ready **

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 07:44:42 PM by Rob Andrews »

• talisman

• March 26, 2018, 07:42:24 AM
    more
« Reply #275 on: November 28, 2019, 07:58:29 AM »
I see one more change that is to be in the next version is increasing the GRC exponent requirement:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=476.new#new

Do we have any volunteer that wants to switch over to team Gridcoin, so we can test the coin-age-requirement is correct in the next version?

I am in with a Gridcoin account. Exponent seems to be working. Here is the output of exec rac:

"Command": "rac",
  "cpid": "82e63a509a38e2201f08c819457df57f",
  "CPK": "ybf862FujX5RZ2G3ENTzNmywA58xkHjL3m",
  "wcg_teamid": 30513,
  "next_podc_gsc_transmission": 18757,
  "team_name": "Gridcoin",
  "researcher_nickname": "amygdala",
  "total_wcg_boinc_credit": 57690.09,
  "total_wcg_points": 403830.63,
  "external_purse_total_coin_age": 0,
  "coin_age_percent_required": 0,
  "NOTE!": "Coins must have a maturity of at least 5 confirms for your coin*age to count.  (See current depth in coin control).",
  "coin_age_required": 286924.2504116587,
  "wcg_id": 1027347,
  "rac": 2576.941353

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #276 on: November 28, 2019, 09:35:35 AM »
I am in with a Gridcoin account. Exponent seems to be working. Here is the output of exec rac:

"Command": "rac",
  "cpid": "82e63a509a38e2201f08c819457df57f",
  "CPK": "ybf862FujX5RZ2G3ENTzNmywA58xkHjL3m",
  "wcg_teamid": 30513,
  "next_podc_gsc_transmission": 18757,
  "team_name": "Gridcoin",
  "researcher_nickname": "amygdala",
  "total_wcg_boinc_credit": 57690.09,
  "total_wcg_points": 403830.63,
  "external_purse_total_coin_age": 0,
  "coin_age_percent_required": 0,
  "NOTE!": "Coins must have a maturity of at least 5 confirms for your coin*age to count.  (See current depth in coin control).",
  "coin_age_required": 286924.2504116587,
  "wcg_id": 1027347,
  "rac": 2576.941353

Thank you sir,

Do you need any extra tBBP for more testing?
EDIT: I sent you 3 mil.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:07:29 AM by Rob Andrews »

• talisman

more
« Reply #277 on: November 28, 2019, 10:14:39 AM »
Thanks for the funds, Rob ! Otherwise I would have to mine for a couple of days while testing the minimum coinage requirements for a reward  ;D

Do I have to send a manual PODCupdate to show up in the leaderboard?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #278 on: November 28, 2019, 10:52:42 AM »
Thanks for the funds, Rob ! Otherwise I would have to mine for a couple of days while testing the minimum coinage requirements for a reward  ;D

Do I have to send a manual PODCupdate to show up in the leaderboard?
Sure, and I will reply asap to the message btw.

On appearing in the leaderboard, the researcher will appear about 5 blocks after a PODC transmission is made; but now the way it works is, if you type exec rac, note how it says 18757 is the next wcg transmission (Fixed), add 205 to that, thats when the wallet sends out the PODC transmission automatically.  But, you will have to see if exec rac shows that you have the coin*age. 

So same issue, if you manually type 'sendgscc wcg' now, the coin age will not be sufficient (until you let it grow a little more).  You know we should also tell the user that (duh) upon manually completing that command.  EDIT:  Ok, the next version will actually give you a reply if you don't have enough coin-age, with a warning, explaining that the RAC may be reduced resulting in a lower reward. 

EDIT: But btw, when a user stakes insufficient collateral, we do reverse engineer it down to the amount staked, and lower the leaderboard RAC, so if you want to try now, you can then look at the leaderboard and see a reduced RAC.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 11:19:40 AM by Rob Andrews »

• talisman

more
« Reply #279 on: November 28, 2019, 12:15:43 PM »
Sure, and I will reply asap to the message btw.

On appearing in the leaderboard, the researcher will appear about 5 blocks after a PODC transmission is made; but now the way it works is, if you type exec rac, note how it says 18757 is the next wcg transmission (Fixed), add 205 to that, thats when the wallet sends out the PODC transmission automatically.  But, you will have to see if exec rac shows that you have the coin*age. 

So same issue, if you manually type 'sendgscc wcg' now, the coin age will not be sufficient (until you let it grow a little more).  You know we should also tell the user that (duh) upon manually completing that command.  EDIT:  Ok, the next version will actually give you a reply if you don't have enough coin-age, with a warning, explaining that the RAC may be reduced resulting in a lower reward. 

EDIT: But btw, when a user stakes insufficient collateral, we do reverse engineer it down to the amount staked, and lower the leaderboard RAC, so if you want to try now, you can then look at the leaderboard and see a reduced RAC.

OK, sent a GSC transmission. Required coin-age was 324.976, and I had 200.833. Let's see how it rolls out.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2019, 11:07:27 PM »
couldn't the wallet version be enough to ban sanctuaries not on that version as well?
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2019, 10:28:04 AM »
couldn't the wallet version be enough to ban sanctuaries not on that version as well?
No, actually, in dashcore, we know both the governance protocol version and the wallet version.
So, no that wont work either.

But I believe the last release did fix it.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2019, 10:28:39 AM »
OK, sent a GSC transmission. Required coin-age was 324.976, and I had 200.833. Let's see how it rolls out.

Yeah, I saw yesterday you did have reduced RAC.  1 point in the leaderboard equals 1 rac currently.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2019, 07:02:33 PM »
i'm giving up. I can't get my cpid registered. tried several times now.

exec rac works but haven't gotten a podc payments for days now.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2019, 07:11:10 PM »
i'm giving up. I can't get my cpid registered. tried several times now.

exec rac works but haven't gotten a podc payments for days now.
I will need the full exec associate command you typed so I can reproduce.  Unless you are saying your 'exec associate' was successful days ago, then I only need your CPK and CPID.

And also your CPK and CPID would be helpful.

EDIT:  And also if you successfully performed exec join wcg and also if you successfully performed exec associate, and also your block # and blockhash currently.

Also, what is the last txid of your WCG GSC transmission?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 08:06:23 PM by Rob Andrews »