Bible Pay

Read 303594 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob,
Unsure why this happens, but this is the second or third time I have seen it since mining on Foundation. The BBP awards are down to less than 50 BBP per cycle right now, sometimes less than 5. I was receiving 300+ for weeks, sometimes as much as 1K+. Is it just cyclical and the wallet catches up after a while? My worker address is:
BG4qhDsU8oDWp9ZN42Q395KJvUFvupZGM8
Also, I have not seen any funding from posting yet. Is there a cache that will pay out after a certain amount is "earned"? Thanks for your help in understanding this cryptocurrency mining thing!

1000 BBP

Answering the mining question separately:

So, I think the easiest way to investigate this is to split the problem up into Percentage of HashPower per solved block (in contrast to payment total received per frequency as I think you are talking about your HPS reward in general and not that you are not receiving mining rewards in general). 

The block history report shows that you are averaging about .005% of each solved block, and we solved 14 blocks over the last 50 blocks, giving you about 8-12 BBP per solved block.
First of all does that hashrate, (5000 HPS or so) should be correct (each block is 2708 bbp subsidy).  If so I think everything else falls into line (please see this report by typing your address in :
http://foundation.biblepay.org/BlockHistory

The reason the payments were so much higher last week, I believe is the foundation was giving away 1000-5000 extra bbp per block for promotion.  That temporarily stopped but I might start it again soon but I cant guarantee that it will be there as it comes out of my personal account.

In general I think you should be receiving the equivalent to bbp.miningpool.fun.

4200 BBP
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 07:24:53 PM by Rob Andrews »

• leetlezee

• July 15, 2018, 06:46:18 PM
    more
I must have missed an announcement... but what is this message about on the add Fractional Sanctuaries page?

"Investment not accepted

Sorry, our fractional sanctuaries are currently being upgraded to POOS. Please try back on September 1st, 2020."

Is there a link to details on the POOS upgrade?

1000 BBP

• leetlezee

more
Pretty interesting article. AND it was updated just last week. To me, the most interesting part was the final line: "In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, prominent economists have noted that a digital currency would have made it easier for the government to send stimulus checks to workers." Just like the gov'ment to make it all about supporting the people...

1000 BBP

Ultimately it just come back around to control. They've realized that the nature of crypto is actually way easier to track than cash. But they don't want decentralized crypto (especially privacy coins), they want to keep it centralized and have control over the exchanges.

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Ultimately it just come back around to control. They've realized that the nature of crypto is actually way easier to track than cash. But they don't want decentralized crypto (especially privacy coins), they want to keep it centralized and have control over the exchanges.

Yeah, exactly, and, I think it will be the only way to usher in the New World Order, and, the Beast system.

4200 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I must have missed an announcement... but what is this message about on the add Fractional Sanctuaries page?

"Investment not accepted

Sorry, our fractional sanctuaries are currently being upgraded to POOS. Please try back on September 1st, 2020."

Is there a link to details on the POOS upgrade?

Yeah, the mandatory upgrade is close to being released.  So you didn't actually miss it.

Let me post the wiki for POOS, and, please check back in a couple hours and I'll post the mandatory upgrade info, etc.

Here is the POOS payment page:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Sanctuary_Child_Sponsorship

I will create a page for the September mandatory upgrade.

4200 BBP

• leetlezee

more
Yeah, the mandatory upgrade is close to being released.  So you didn't actually miss it.

Let me post the wiki for POOS, and, please check back in a couple hours and I'll post the mandatory upgrade info, etc.

Here is the POOS payment page:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Sanctuary_Child_Sponsorship

I will create a page for the September mandatory upgrade.

Whew! Okay, thank you. I've been around this project since 2018, and usually I'm more of a lurker and just mining in the background, but I try to keep up with major changes.

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Whew! Okay, thank you. I've been around this project since 2018, and usually I'm more of a lurker and just mining in the background, but I try to keep up with major changes.

1000 BBP

Hi Leetlezee,

So far I have this for the 1.5.2.1 release - which is scheduled to come out today:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/September_2020_Upgrade

If anyone can think of something I missed please let me know.

4200 BBP

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Is it okay to upgrade explorer early to v1.5.2.1?

2500 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more

1000 BBP

I don't know if it'd be possible but an anonymous & private stablecoin would be a unique offering. They've busted more than few crime rings laundering money with BTC, or illegal trades online that paid with BTC. FBI just love crypto to track people down using all the global exchanges to confirm the chain of custody.

2700 BBP
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Sammyolami

• August 16, 2020, 11:59:57 AM
    more
MOISES' UPDATE!!!

I’m not a 100% on the medication he is on
now, but it just makes his heart pump. It doesn’t make it better in any
way.

He needs a heart transplant. But first he needs an LVAD surgery, which they
do not want to do.

@sunkik can we get those resources now?
please don't forget to donate and keepup your prayers for moises cabrera

BAVxQTzeFXJaYnpNehSr7dfoJuLQQ2YcVw

Thank you very much.

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Is it okay to upgrade explorer early to v1.5.2.1?

Hi Togo,

Yes-- please go ahead -- we have uploaded the binaries also.

I am working on a last minute document and I believe the release will be out in a couple more hours.

Thanks,
Rob

4200 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

I don't know if it'd be possible but an anonymous & private stablecoin would be a unique offering. They've busted more than few crime rings laundering money with BTC, or illegal trades online that paid with BTC. FBI just love crypto to track people down using all the global exchanges to confirm the chain of custody.

2700 BBP

Hmm, interesting idea -- one other thing you could tie into it is some type of key that cant be broken by quantum computers. 
The question is though, even if you pulled off a completely private and untraceable chain, what would the stance of that community be when the Feds and SEC make a rule that that coin cannot be traded without a KYC (IE the way BTC deposits must go through AML dumps from coinbase etc).  Im sure the trading could occur on anonymous exchanges, but I wonder if the big govts like China and the US will ever block ports on coins that are privacy coins.

4200 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
Feds and SEC make a rule that that coin cannot be traded without a KYC (IE the way BTC deposits must go through AML dumps from coinbase etc).  Im sure the trading could occur on anonymous exchanges, but I wonder if the big govts like China and the US will ever block ports on coins that are privacy coins.

I did consider that since a coin tied to fiat USD value can never be truly free of government intervention. I did like the idea of DAI keeping a stable value of $1 through exchange trader arbitrage, but they've had liquidity issues. I think Bitcoin and altcoins can succeed once fiat fails, but I think it'd be a difficult and painful transition. A stablecoin would be a good intermediary but having anonymity would almost seem impossible. A fork of Monero or ZCash that has a stable value could take what is cash bills we use for buying & selling to be the online equivalent.

2700 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
At the end of Sep 2019, BiblePay donated over $194k to charities...

https://whitewalr.us/2019/biblepay-charity-donations.html

I was looking at the Foundation. Type CR means the "income" BiblePay Foundation earned. And Type DR means the donations it made to the various non-profits?

So total donated is $227k as of June 2020?

2700 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
Is BiblePay Unchained hosting files on Amazon S3 regions only (up to 4)? https://wiki.biblepay.org/Using_Unchained

I recall you had CloudFlare at some point and before that we had IPFS node we could run ourselves to support the BiblePay file hosting network.

2700 BBP